It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden hints at crisis AFTER Obama is elected

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

holy cow. I'm not alone .I was researching Powell's statement when I ran across this page. This totally reeks of some deep dark conspiracy theory stuff. It has freaked me out ever since i saw it Sunday. I kept asking myself why Brokaw didn't ask him about it. If something does happen then we are truly all sheeple.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well if you had read the quote you'd see it is way more in depth than he might get into trouble cleaning up prior messes. This would be an international crisis that at first it will look like we are wrong on.

"Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right"

How the heck would he know this?

I believer you have the correct understanding of the quote.
It's funny how quotes get interpreted wrong when ones desire to be right filters what has been said to reflect what one wants rather than what's said.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

guess I can also forget investing due to the risk that one of the international crisis predicted might be a massive economic meltdown.

That won't be a problem for most of us, as our 401K's have been wiped out.

I can't imagine the number of things that can go wrong at the same time that will turn the candidate of change to the President that will be uttering "oh crap" every 5 minutes.

Every five minutes Joe Biden will open his mouth, and create a problem for Obama.

I hope that the coffee at the White House is as good as they say it is, because Obama is not going to know what sleep is in the coming years.

That way nobody will have to wake him up for all those 3AM calls that should have gone to McCain.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Whether we elect Mccain or Obama the events will still happen. It's already been planned and is the destiny. Personally I don't trust either one bit but what can we do? Nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks, Joe, for setting us all up for Obama's failures. I have no doubt that whoever is the next president of the U.S. will fail us all. Nothing to back this up whatsoever. I just feel it. No photographs, etc. Just a hunch.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
yeah, this is not surprising at all really. i have already predicted something will hit the fan right after he gets elected... (if its not rigged).

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

Anyone who thinks that such "changes" happen overnight or just because a person gets elected should read Jim Marrs' book, "Rule By Secrecy". To paraphrase him, if huge events occur seemingly "out of the blue", you can bet that it actually had been planned by the so-called "powers-that-be" for a VERY long time. WE DON'T HAVE TO BE SHEOPLE. Knowledge is power. Deianera

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I agree with your thoughts. See this article re: Obama and Guns:
freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is chilling in the fact that Senator Biden actually sounds like he himself has plans for something. What is going through this guy's head? The next LBJ?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deianera

Yes, I agree. I have read the book several times, and each time, I get more out of it.
The PTB, in this case, are led by Obama's mentor and adviser Zbigniew Brzezinsk. I found an interesting article awhile back, but didn't give it more thought until Biden made this comment that we're discussing. Here is an excerpt of the article:

www.newsmax.com...

Former national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski warns Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama not to make the same mistake the Soviet Union made more than 20 years ago when it deployed more troops in Afghanistan only to suffer a disastrous military defeat.

“It is important for U.S. policy in general – and for Obama more specifically – to recognize that simply putting more troops into Afghanistan is not the entire solution,” Brzezinski tells The Financial Times.

Brzezinski, an Obama supporter, offered his advice on the heels of Obama's trip to Afghanistan this weekend, where the senator from Illinois is calling for a more concerted effort to focus resources and more troops in Afghanistan.

“We are running the risk of repeating the mistake the Soviet Union made,” Brzezinski says. “Our strategy is getting in deeper and deeper.”

Obama has said prior to the trip that he would like up to 10,000 more troops deployed to Afghanistan. Brzezinski, however, says doing so could risk a similar fate suffered by the Soviets.

What if, after being elected, Obama takes Brzezinski's advice, and instead of putting more troops in, REMOVES all of our troops? That would certainly be perceived as being the wrong thing to do, but I have felt all along that Obama has been groomed by Bzezinski, one of the major members of the Bilderbergers and the PTB.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
wow-crazy...so should i start buying iodine, bleach, and bottled water? seriously, should we just sit around and wait for this to happen? knowing that this is coming, what can we as a world do to slow or stop this? nothing i guess....so his mettle will be tested? big deal! we already knew that was coming...everytime a new kid comes to school, the playground ullies will push him around and see what he does and the other kids just stand around and watch...we all did it or saw it when we were kids and it is the same now...only on a much grander scale

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Haven't read all 5 pages of this thread, so if this was mentioned, my apologies, but Colin Powell also warns of a crisis on Jan 21 or 22

The problems will always be there, and there’s going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.

source

Kinda ominous that we get 2 warnings in the same day

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
To me it just sounds like he's going to bring up things like 9-11 and put people on the spot as maybe he knows something we don't and if multiple countries are involved it would become an international incident to say the least.

I'm just using this as an example.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I read this too!! Actualy on Fox News today McCain was discussing how Obama would have a really tough time after the election an we face 'economic and other iternationaly crisis,' No Kidding. I wonder if anybody else heard it?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
-Donald Rumsfeld

Truth is.... if there is something happening soon, we won't know about it, until it does... Myself, I am very concerned at the direction the USA is taking to begin with... but I guess we'll just see who treads on who huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Looks like the Poop may finally hit the fan soon. Having BOTH Biden and Powell say something like this is a bit unnerving. I think we all know that it's going to get really bad soon. Our current troubles are probably just the beginning.

I try not to be a doom and gloom guy...but cripes....what is there to be optimistic about in the coming future?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I remember reading that September 11, 2001 was scheduled by Bin Laden
to occur in April, earlier in Bush's first term, but some piece of the plan
wasn't ready on time. But nevertheless, Bush learned from this. His
administration has been briefing the Obama (and to a lesser extent) the
McCain transition teams on super top-secret information. Briefing of both
the Democratic and Republican nominee's teams before the general
election has never happened before.

Here's a link to the story I'm referring to:

elections.foxnews.com...

Even though Joe Biden is a U.S. Senator and privy to Top Secret
intelligence, what he heard from the briefing teams must have been
pretty shocking.

-cwm

[edit on 20-10-2008 by carewemust]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Let's see. Who would want to test the resolve and judgment of Obama? Hizballah backed by Syria and Iran could launch another missile fusilade, Syria could occupy Lebanon and threaten Israel.

Argentina could do damn near anything.

Iran could allow their Islamic guardians to assault another ship in the Persian Gulf, or attempt to capture one. Russia could move toward the Ukraine. . . the list goes on and on.

Do you realize four our of ten Americans have more experience and qualifications that Obama?

Holy crap! I've got to get out back tomorrow and start digging!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
‘Rule by Secrecy’ is a good start, but as always things run infinitely deeper than anybody can possibly imagine. International corporation-states, funded and manipulated on all sides by the same banking cartels and those behind them even, protected by the military-intelligence networks, are the ones currently in charge of the entire world. Bush is a Nazi (just poke around his family history a little, esp. granddaddy Prescott, and their networks of cronies, and you’ll see how we created, “destroyed”, and then imported the Nazi regime wholesale). But Bush isn’t the only Nazi—the entire American regime is for all intents and purposes run by Nazis. To me it feels like Germany must have felt in 1932 on the verge of total totalitarian takeover. Choose the right hand or the left hand, folks—it’s still the same Beast.
I’m deeply interested in knowing the hidden reasons for why our planet is (mis)managed the way it is and why things are for some inexplicable reason so * difficult for 99% of the population, but I refuse to cave in to fear/paranoia, and I really believe in genuine “hope” and “change”—change of a truly spiritual, transformational nature. Yes, elections are rigged (cf. Lenin: ‘It matters not who casts the votes, but who counts the votes’; and Lord Rothschild: ‘Give me control of a nation’s currency, and I care not who casts the votes’), and yes Obama will “win.” Make no mistake, he’s in bed with the same cabal—for example, his top advisor was not just a member of, but was head of the Council on Foreign Relations, and his mentor Mr. Zbigniew Brzezinski is a classic New World Order type (BTW- in 1970 Brzezinski wrote Between Two Ages, revealing that Americans will be introduced to new concepts: a new monetary system replacing the dollar and a reduced standard of living to support it. He predicted the “gradual appearance of a more controlled and directed society, dominated by an elite who would “not hesitate to achieve its political ends by the latest modern techniques from influencing public behavior and keeping society under close surveillance and control.” He theorized that liberal democratic societies would support authoritarian forms of government given the choice between a dictatorship and social/intellectual disorder. Hmm...)
Biden may well be the next LBJ. I had a recent vision of Obama winning, only to be assassinated almost immediately (which the media is already prepping us for subconsciously), allowing either 1) Bush to fully enact FEMA martial law and indefinitely extend his regime, locking dissidents into the concentration camps already built across our nation and strangely EMPTY, or 2) Biden presiding over such a scenario. Either way, yes “Obama will face the kind of challenge Kennedy faced”, and we won’t even know what hit us. Imagine how the world would react to a “surprise” and wholly overt Nazi takeover of America?!! International crisis of the greatest magnitude, to say the least. Add to that total economic collapse and we have a very, very messy state of world affairs…
However things unfurl, what “Satan” (read “the self-centered mind of Man”) does always plays into the hands of “God” (read, “the unified whole”), especially during an Apocalypse (which btw literally means “unveiling,” or “mass awakening”). The only real antidote is love.
The Old World Order is about to cave in on itself, to be shorn off by a relieved world population in the wake of a truly new world order—one governed by enlightened self-responsibility, true wisdom, and compassion—the kind of new world order the Dalai Lama endorses… one which is emerging “like a thief in the night”, almost literally overnight to everyone’s great surprise. It’s what the Old World Order fears the most (ever wonder why they’re so bent on mass mind control and domination?) Their worst nightmare is Doomsday short-circuited and averted against “all odds”, their (less than 1% of total population) loss, and the birth of the People’s Republic of Eden

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In a difficult world american intersts are going to be challenged, I think both Biden and Powell have been priviledged with intel the rest of us haven't, which is why they both made references to it . I think the real reason Powell is supporting BHO is because the writing is on the wall, and the guy will probably be POTUS. Shortly after taking office there will be an event testing BHO's foreign policy leadership, and the country will feel more at ease knowing Powell is available as an advisor, since at best, Biden will probably say something to offend a foreign leader or head of state, thrusting us into WWIII.

That's my take, and regardless of who gets in, I would expect someone somewhere to try something stupid testing the resolve of the new administration.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by TheRooster]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join