It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden hints at crisis AFTER Obama is elected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Okay, so Biden himself is implying - check that - outright saying that if Obama is elected that there will be some kind of major international incident - and Obama won't be ready.

report and commentary

and the ABC blogs

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

So, not only will there be a crisis - BUT they already know what they are going to do and that the American people aren't going to like it?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Marid Audran]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Marid Audran]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Personally I found the first paragraph more compelling (I'm assuming not everyone will read the full article.

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

I'd be interested in knowing the when and where of this taking place. So I can get a bit more context.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Very interesting wording, creepy but interesting.
I wonder if he i talking about the proposed economic and government meltdown forecast for early 2009 but it is pretty creepy that they already KNOW something is going to happen.
I wonder what Biden is talking about that Americans would dislike, I doubt he is talking about military action. Maybe Obamas talks with Iran or some kind of NWO if the Government falls or Amero if the economy falls.
Anybody?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
How credible is the website you got the info from?

But this does not sound good at ALL!!

going to walmart to stock up on shell's for my gun's.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So basically, 4 or 5 scenarios that have been brewing whilst Bush has been in office will come to fruition in the near future, after the election and when Bush is swinging on his tyre somewhere and out of the office?

It's bound to be some sorry # that's about to hit the fan as Bush leaves a pretty crap legacy behind him with foreign relations all over the place and the country's economy gone to pot.

So, when the new guy is handed the broom to clean up - like the new guy is always handed the broom as they got elected on the promise of cleaning up - but the mess looks to be bigger than people realised, people are going to be pointing the finger at the new guy for not sweeping fast enough or hard enough?

What do people expect, that he really is Superman or something?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How many more reasons do people need to not vote for Obama?

His own VP candidate is telling everyone that they aren't going to like the "change" they are bringing. At that if anything happens, we are going to need to ban together to stick up for our Presidents ignorance and inexperience.

Good ol' Joe!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
didnt colin powell mention somthing about a big incident happening 21st/22nd of january literally the day after the new president gets sworn in

well 1-2 days is deffinatley shorter then the 6 months of JFK

The problems will always be there, and there's going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now.

article is first post here www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Biden was the GOP's best gift. They aren't even in office yet and they are already trying to drum up some kind of support that apparently is going to be so radical, based off the context of his statement, that people aren't going to go along with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A better source, with more excerpts. None of it doing much to assuage my fears, frankly.

blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well if you had read the quote you'd see it is way more in depth than he might get into trouble cleaning up prior messes. This would be an international crisis that at first it will look like we are wrong on.

"Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right"

How the heck would he know this?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't think he's saying there's an actual event that is coming but, rather, there will be an intentional test to see how he reacts. Something will be done to test Obama and his handling of this "event" will dictate what will be attempted during the course of his presidency. If he goes the missile in the sand route, we can expect stepped up incidents. If he holds firm, puffs out his chest and pushes back, then the folks behind the "test" will know that they aren't going to get away with things during Obama's term.

It does sound ominous but I really don't think it is a known, specific attack that Obama is already planning for. If it was, he'd be better off saying it. "It has come to my attention that an such and such is planned for the 23 of January and here's what I plan on doing in the event that the current administration doesn't put a stop to it in advance."

link   
Ah yeah, thanks for the ABC link, I meant to link it as well - gonna edit my first post with it.

link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

So, when the new guy is handed the broom to clean up - like the new guy is always handed the broom as they got elected on the promise of cleaning up - but the mess looks to be bigger than people realised, people are going to be pointing the finger at the new guy for not sweeping fast enough or hard enough?

What do people expect, that he really is Superman or something?

Apparently he thinks he is Superman, didn't you watch the Obama McCain comedy roast?

On his image: "Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-El to save the Planet Earth. Many of you know that I got my name, Barack, from my father. What you may not know is Barack is actually Swahili for 'That One.' And I got my middle name from somebody who obviously didn't think I'd ever run for president. If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome."

link

That's the way politics works, the President always gets credit and blame for whatever happens during his administration, just like Bush is getting balmed for the current financial crisis.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

If McCain or Palin had said something like this, the peanut gallery would be screaming from the top of their lungs that it was planned and would be an inside job. I don't think there's a conspiracy here, mind you, I just think its interesting watching the contrasting reactions when candidates make such statements.

But how would he know this? I think if you had asked most conservatives six months ago whether this would happen should Obama win, the overwhelming majority would say 'yes', that if he's elected, he will be viewed as weak internationally and that America's enemies would seek to test him early. So Biden's statement does not come as a shock to me, as I've long suspected that such would occur...though I am a bit surprised that he would admit it. It confirms a longstanding argument made by Obama's opponents that his election would embolden our enemies.

If I were McCain, this would be in a TV ad tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I love the part where he says we have to, "stand by Obama even if he has to make unpopular decisions". So, we stand up democrat presidents when they do unpopular (but necessary) things, but screw Bush and Republicans. We should torpedo everything they do!

Not to mention yet another glaring example of media bias. If McCain or Palin had said anything like this they would be compared to Nazis one again and be given a week long news cycle of attacks.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

To the contrary, this is one more reason to vote FOR him.

If this predicted crisis is not generated by pawns of the GOP purely to test Obama himself, but is instead an honest crisis (of which W has left many brewing), then at least Obama will decide on a course of action and stick to it, unless concrete evidence comes along to dictate a change.

McCain, on the other hand, will pick a new response every day, and no two of them will look alike.

Not such a good approach.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My impression is that he has the belief that others in the world, meaning current foes of the US, will take the opportunity of change to try to further shake the US with the hope people will break because the new leader might react to the situation different than the current president and administration.

Maybe Biden and the government know that an event is most likely in the works and the wait is for timimg to reap the biggest benefit. People will read into the statements what they want but this is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In reply to Open_Minded Skeptic (link not working)

I don't think I agree.

"Staying the course" has a nasty ring to it nowadays. Especially when the person uttering these words is asking for faith/trust. (obviously this isn't Bush, but still)

I'd rather know what the heck he's getting at

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well if you had read the quote you'd see it is way more in depth than he might get into trouble cleaning up prior messes. This would be an international crisis that at first it will look like we are wrong on.

"Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right"

If it's known now, then it is a "prior mess" because it's happening before the next president is sworn in. If anything does happen soon after the next President in office, it's unlikely that he'll have had time to create the mess himself.

If anyone is going to 'step-up' to test the mettle of a new President, then it will be based on the relationship with previous Presidents.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

I understand and agree with your concern. The "unless concrete evidence comes along to dictate a change" was for that reason.

There is a fine (or maybe not so fine
) line between stability and stubbornness. Obama has demonstrated the former, Bush the latter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join