It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin on SNL-Funny Stuff but don't see how it helped the campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This thread might need to go in the conspiracy forum because I am of the utmost belief that the McCain campaign is literally handing the election over to Obama.
The skits on SNL were VERY funny, Palin held her own, Poehler was hysterical but I cant believe the puppeteers thought this was a good idea.
Yes she may have a sense of humor and she can take a good ribbing but the skits were not light hearted underneath and a sense of humor is not what we need in a VP.

Judge for yourself...

Palin opening SNL
www.nbc.com...

Palin/Poehler on news update
www.nbc.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ooops

[edit on 19-10-2008 by red_leader]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Personally, I didn't think it was that good.

Amy was funny doing the rap routine (shooting the moose was hilarious). Sarah Palin just did a little chair dance while Amy stole the show. Now if Sarah had done the rap, THAT would have been funny and I would have been impressed (even though I really don't like Sarah Palin).

Wasn't worth staying up to watch. Waste of time.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My wife and I thought Palin was boring in the skits. We were expecting some interaction between Palin/Fey and some more involvement in the weekend update song, other than "raising the roof" with her hands.

Oh well, chalk it up as another wasted opportunity for the McCain/Palin to hit a homerun with a great opportunity.

They have had so many opportunities in the last month too...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's good to see a politician that isn't full of herself. She is just a regular person. Something we need in D.C..

I dislike Rap and her not doing it shows good common scene.

Roper

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think Tina Fey's part in the press conference was the funniest part. Would have LOVED to see Palin and Fey together. That's actually what I thought it was going to be. Palin doing the rap would have been fantastic!
As it was, she wasn't funny to me at all.

I think Palin did this to show she has a sense of humor. Oops! Backfire!

I certainly don't think it helped or hurt either campaign.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think Tina Fey's part in the press conference was the funniest part. Would have LOVED to see Palin and Fey together. That's actually what I thought it was going to be. Palin doing the rap would have been fantastic!
As it was, she wasn't funny to me at all.

I think Palin did this to show she has a sense of humor. Oops! Backfire!

I certainly don't think it helped or hurt either campaign.

I would agree, neither advantage nor disadvantage. Just a plain draw.

Great opportunity blown.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It didnt help Palin any or McCain, but it reminded me of how much
fun i've been missing on by not watching all the time.

The cast of characters were funny...rabid libs with Palin

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How's this for a "Weekend Update":

"McCain/Palin officially jumps the shark".

I don't see how this could have possibly helped thier campaign one bit? Wait, I take that back, Palin's "real Americans" will most certainly use words like "braveness" or "hero" or "taking them on".

Palin did absolutely nothing but show up and say "Live from New York...".

Was this supposed to make her some kind of "good sport" or something?

I personally viewed the "Weekend Update" rap sketch as hilarious, as she sat there while the song essentially blasted her back into a 3rd world state that she apparently "Maverickly" governs between shooting live mammals and snowmobiling with her mulleted man mommy.

From my point of view, Sarah Palin's lack of interaction on SNL proves that this woman lacks any kind of intellectual ability or charisma, and is essentially "just another pretty face" being used to sell more snake oil.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It was about what i expected.

When Fay and Palin walked past each other, that was cool...

I just hope Tina Fay makes a show about Palin.

When bush was first in office, there was a HILARIOUS tv show called 'Thats my Bush'

Tina should make a show, "Hunting for Al-Quida, staring Fay as Palin"

She could go to around the world, making world leaders faint on the spot because of her beauty.
Inciting a riot in Dumpistan, becaus she looks too western...

Traveling to russia, and having a hunting competition with Putin

Get aressted for trying to bring a gun into the UK

The possiblities are endless.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Poehler was hysterical! Fey was great as always, I love how she walkeed past Palin with a slight disregard for her.
Like I said Palin just held her own kind of like in her news conferences. (wait, what news conferences? sorry) She wasn't funny but she didn't do anything too stupid either.
I just cant figure out why the puppeteers in the McCain camp thought it was a good idea.
I really believe that whomever is pulling the strings in the McCain camp is a deep loyal Obama supporter.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would have to agree with those who said she made a boring addition to the show. *yawns*

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My thoughts were: "I stayed up for this!?" Should've Tivo'd it.

Palin was awful but the rap was hilarious! You know, things like that are only funny because there is an ounce of truth to it...

I also found myself wondering - Is there some sort of wardrobe checklist for Palin's appearances? "How to look like a librarian 101" or something? She looks the exact same all of the time. It would have been more interesting to see her dressed more casual and relaxed. You just know she doesn't wear those lady suits up in Alsaka. "Dont'cha know..."

new topics

top topics

join