It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 689
<< 686  687  688    690  691  692 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Here's an explanation for delisting:

NEARLY PENNY STOCKS: Fannie's shares have been below the $1 average price level for 30 trading days, while Freddie's shares have hovered close to the $1 mark.

ABC Source

BTW, Worden Brothers (Stock analysis system) today changed their short term and intermediate term market classifications to "up". He mentions a volume increase.

[edit on 16/6/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Now Spain is in big trouble and they need a bailout... But guess what? The people are going to stage massive protests and strikes soon and will kick out the current government because they don't want to accept austerity...

What happens when Spain needs money... but won't get any because they will elect a government that won't accept anything?

Either the euro collapse or Spain will be kicked out of the euro...
3 reports say Spain is seeking aid

So what happens when Spain finally admits the truth? At minimum, risk asset markets would likely retest recent lows, and gold would likely retest all time highs. Spain’s economy and debt load is about 5 times that of Greece and owes so much to France ($220 bln, the equivalent of about 8.6% of French GDP), Germany ($238 bln- around 4% of German GDP), Britain ($114 bln) and Portugal ($28 bln, equivalent to about 10% of Portugal’s own debt load) that any doubts about Spain’s ability to repay risks casting further doubt on the major banks of these nations. See here for details from the New York Times.

What's that means? More financial turmoil. More euro going down and gold going back up again.

And if there's even a hint of Spain being bailed out, Germany will kick out Angela Merkel on June 30 and we're gonna see new elections before september with nationalistic leaders being elected... Germany will leave the Euro.

This ain't over by a long shot.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, I read on that, actually the government was trying to open a line of credit from the central banks, behind the backs of the people.

I guess the people in Spain can not even think of going the same way as Greece that even after selling their nation and passing the debt into the population they are still falling.

Let see what happen, you know that all you see in the news now is nothing but the cop that punch the 17 year old girl
and the oil spill

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
maybe someone can explain to me how bad news such as new jobless claims up sharply causes the stocks to go up? I see no other "good" news to cause such a turn in the days markets. at one point the stocks were down.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
maybe someone can explain to me how bad news such as new jobless claims up sharply causes the stocks to go up? I see no other "good" news to cause such a turn in the days markets. at one point the stocks were down.

You gotta learn its made up.

The stock market is controlled by someone who has more money than you could ever imagine, and the thing is a sham unless your inside.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7

Huh hello, like those Jobless claims are only part time, not full time, in fact most job claims are in within the goverment sector, oh and ya since this 2010 most of those jobs are for the election season.

I guess 20.1 % Jobless is fine with you?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You misunderstood his question.

He is wondering why the market was up when initial jobless claims were greater than the consensus.

The previous 2 replies (yours and the one before that) are of course both wrong.

The reason is no matter what anyone on this board would like to think employment is a lagging indicator.

There are other reasons. The best technical reason is this.

Initial jobless claims/employment has a heavy divergence from the mean. Meaning there is little correlation from data point to data point, but is best viewed from greater time periods to create models.

Because this data point is within x deviations from the mean on major employment models it was not viewed in a negative light. I do not have these models, but whomever does this (major brokerages / institutions etc.) it obviously did not fall out of their model. Again, not much value are put into these data points in the first place. That is most important to remember.

So, not only does 1 data point mean very little, but it IS NOT a leading indicator such as what bonds are yielding (or current market price).

If you use unemployment to gauge your views on the economy you will always be in the past and not looking towards the future (which the stock market is trying to accomplish, 6-18 months in fact).

The correct answers for some reason are never the popular ones in this thread. But if you want the real answer "tracer 07" this is it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

thanks for the info. I looked around for futures news that day as well and did not see anything to cause a swing, so I will have to go with the answer that it was controlled. usually news like that causes at least a down day. but for some reason the news triggered a gain for the day.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
GBM - of course, you are right, regarding the market.

But, what is also clear is - market has nothing to do with economy.

Economy, on the other hand - has to do with people. What some people on this thread try to point out (in disbelief) is the fact that the market attracts initiative (capital) - AWAY from economy, thus destroying people.

Market is, therefore, a "thing" - a "weapon" which is used to ... (do I really have to say that?)

The real effects of the market on the economy: restraint, depletion, enslavement, blackmail, racket, migration, war, disasters ...

It is the market which affects (controls) employment/unemployment, not the other way around!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Obama welcomes China's move towards flexible yuan

US President Barack Obama has welcomed China's announcement that it will allow the exchange rate of its currency, the yuan, to become more flexible.

Mr Obama called it a "constructive step", saying it would help boost the global recovery.

US politicians have long argued that the yuan is undervalued, giving China an unfair trade advantage.

The issue is expected to be raised at a summit of the G20 group of industrial and developing countries next week.

On Saturday, the Chinese central bank announced it would make its exchange rate mechanism "more flexible".

The bank said the proposed reform had been made possible by the global recovery...

It all makes good sense. Till the last sentence.
:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The revaluing of the yuan might seem like a way to rebalance trade, but in the short term I think it will do more harm than good. Just because everything at Walmart becomes more expensive does not mean that factories will immediately sping up across the country to fill the need for cheap stuff.

A manufacturing base is not created overnight and it requires capital investment. Where will the capital come from as the gov't is hogging all of it to fund their deficits? Deficits that will be made even worse by more expensive chinese 'stuff'.

One thing it will do is make our food more affordable for the chinese to buy. Which in turn will make it more expensive for US to buy.

Fiat currency manipulation at this stage of the game won't solve anything and it just might make it alot worse for us. This is a card that should have been played BEFORE we shipped our manufacturing base off shore.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Markets rise on yuan revaluation

the trend counties when will it ever end?

I am not buying any of it

I can see retail prices going up... Which, on the other hand, wouldn't be a bad thing for our canadian companies who would be a little more competitive. Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz0rV3h9MFI

wouldnt be a bad thing?
i guess this person dosent know markets are rigged.

anyway the reason markets are up is because of the G20/G8 Summit here in toronto of corsue everything for the rich leaders everything has to be postive.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

The question is what Obama has promised the China government in order to do such a gesture of "good will" after all they warn the US that if they insist on the same issue they will use the "nuclear option" (no weapons of mass destruction here) just those that applies to economies.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Here I found it, this what is at stake with China and US.

Senators Introduce Fair Trade Act for China

If passed, China would be forced to change its policy. Otherwise the Stabenow bill could exclude Chinese businesses from the $1.7 trillion government procurement market in the U.S.

Lawmakers may be responding to a new Chinese policy, referred to as indigenous innovation, that allows the Chinese government to purchase high-tech and other goods only from companies that developed the technology in China.

The policy has the potential to exclude American businesses out of billions of dollars worth of government contracts. Forty percent of the Chinese economy is based on government purchases.

“China is playing us for fools regarding the Government Procurement Agreement —the GPA,” U.S. Rep. Mark Schauer, who has introduced similar legislation in the House said, according to Mlive.com. “Upon joining the WTO in 2001, China said it would sign the GPA as soon as possible. Nine years later, it still hasn't happened. Since then we've lost 2.4 million American jobs, 68,000 Michigan jobs, and 4,700 jobs in my district alone due to China's unfair trade.”

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Great work, Marg. So behind the smiles, handshakes and newfound cooperation are raised knives?

"China no happy. Confucious he say 'When fwend fetton wiv beeg numbers, lull heem into sense of secawity whyaw devewop twade wiv uvva nations — den fwush guwable western partna down lavatawy'."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

China has the power to play US out and China will do what China think is in the best interest of their nation, it doesn't matter how much our government keeps saying that they have the upper hand with China is just propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
did you know the Chicago board of trade decides 24 hours in advance what the next day will be for equity markets?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
More news,

China to Supplant U.S. as World's Top Manufacturer

Last year, America accounted for 19.9 percent of the world’s 8.6 trillion manufacturing output, amounting to 1.7 trillion worth of goods.

China was hot on America’s heels. Beijing was responsible for 18.6 percent of the world’s manufacturing output and 1.6 trillion worth of goods.

China's Yuan Policy Makes US Fed Irrelevant

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Congress not going to pass a budget this year! When you refuse to sit down with your bills, you are in the final stages of denial and just about to pay the piper.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

I read about that one, I wonder what they are going to do next, because after all congress just cannot stop taking accountability and just print money at will.

What will our debt holders will do with news like this coming our of the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 686  687  688    690  691  692 >>

join