It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I've noticed that also...man...don't they see SIV's/leverage is not the answer...that's the PROBLEM...

Oh well...I'm in S Mi...hope we don't have to compete for soup...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well at least you are closer to the Canadian border than I am in S. Louisiana.

You can always go North young man

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

I've noticed that also...man...don't they see SIV's/leverage is not the answer...that's the PROBLEM...

Oh well...I'm in S Mi...hope we don't have to compete for soup...

I'm trying to follow along... sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head. What does the SIV/leverage mean?

Also, competing for soup may be fun! I suppose it depends on the soup though...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

well...that's debatable?
canada's gettin' hammered also...just not as much media...

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
I'm trying to follow along... sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head. What does the SIV/leverage mean?

Also, competing for soup may be fun! I suppose it depends on the soup though...

Hey, don't feel bad, I promise we were all there once

a SIV is a Structured Investment Vehicle and the leverage would refer to how many times it has been renewed or rolled over (with those proceeds being reinvested elsewhere)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You guys have a great post going. Love checking in to taste the flavor of your reactions to the craziness of the market. Thanks for keeping it real for us.

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix. Checked his site and Karl Denninger is ranting at Obama - strong words. I know, he's good at that, but things are going to get really ugly when the majority start seeing things as he does.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

You are certifiably insane; only an insane person does the same thing over and over, which has repeatedly failed, and expects a different result. I hope you enjoy this Barack, because it's all yours, and every man, woman and child in America needs to understand that it is your refusal to do the right thing that has continued the bleeding in their 401ks (now 201ks and soon 101ks or even 51ks), IRAs, and soon their pension plans will all blow up, bankrupting over 100 of our largest firms and putting 10 million more people out of work. Congratulations Barack; we are now in a full-on economic and market meltdown over the last week and it is getting MUCH WORSE as a direct and proximate cause of your policies. Facebook OBAMA: Are you LISTENING? Digg OBAMA: Are you LISTENING?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think we'll see slight gain in the market tomorrow. I think after flirting with under 700 point S&P that tomorrow there will be small gains. I just don't think now is the time it's going to freefall. Just seems to continue the slow dreadful slump.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Every Alphabet soup in .gov visits his site, infact there are gold star members (multiplte) from just one 3 letter agency - which one, he won't say.

Many are starting to follow Karl's lead in how to fix this mess, bloggers, and MSM folks, not as vocal as we would like...yet, but the tide is turning!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

I'd almost guarantee a small up rally, just because too many are oversold. The big question is, will it last all day or reverse before the closing bell

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

I'd almost guarantee a small up rally, just because too many are oversold. The big question is, will it last all day or reverse before the closing bell

The REAL question is, will Hx3 get any sleep today???

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Eastern Markets say....YES!

we'll get a pump & dump through mid-week...watch for the selloff!!!

Gold is trading for profit now...expect a re-trenchment...with lower #'s as the week/weak continues...

the slow burn....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I saw that!!!

As Hey Lewis said..."it's the Power of Drugs...da..da.dada..." (Caffeine, sorry)

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

i saw that!!!

If silver continues to fall back down I may buy some more tomorrow.....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

actually... this is a good thing...

Silver Beating Gold First Time Since 2006 as `Poor Man's' Currency Refuge
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

actually... this is a good thing...

Silver Beating Gold First Time Since 2006 as `Poor Man's' Currency Refuge
www.bloomberg.com...

I saw that earlier. I bought some silver when is was about $10, then more at $11. Then when I decided to buy more I seen it was at like $14.50 or something so I decided to wait. I'd rather buy it in the 11s but if it gets low 12s tomorrow I may go get some.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Speaking of PMs and a hattip to Poppabear at TF...

A small news item appeared in the press this week, one which gathered almost no attention. If Morgan Stanley expects gold to slide all year, and silver to slide all year, like down to $11 per ounce in a corporate research forecast, then maybe they should tell Goldman Sachs. The kings of insider trading, taking full advantage of both USGovt implemented policy and politically managed commodity indexes, Goldman Sachs made an important move. They covered their remaining 69 short gold futures positions on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM). They have reduced their position to zero. In May 2006, the GSax position reached 52,000 short gold contracts. Now it is zero. TOCOM is unique, unlike the corrupted US commodity exchanges, since it requires all parties to post and publish their positions in a public manner. So Goldman must know something about the hugely positive prospects of gold.

There's no doubt about it, the US Government is printing Trillions in fiat to bail out banks and insurance companies. The bailout is the real theft, because it debases the currency. Let the banks fail and the bankers lose, but bail them out and the taxpayers have their pockets picked. The following article will give you some insight about what's going on with gold and the World Wide Monetary System....Link

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul

I saw that earlier. I bought some silver when is was about $10, then more at $11. Then when I decided to buy more I seen it was at like $14.50 or something so I decided to wait. I'd rather buy it in the 11s but if it gets low 12s tomorrow I may go get some.

Please forgive what is likely a dumb question. How does one go about making a buy on silver? As is evident, I am a market and commodities moron

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

If you want the physical stuff you can actually go to ebay and get some. They even sell whole bars, I've bought some at well below market value.
If you're patient enough you can find very profitable deals.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Nice Save!!!

Star 4 U!!!!

This is not a minor move...someones moved their postion...

A good "hide"...mang!!!...how did you find this?!?!

This will run "under-current"...

So...how much move should we expect now???

The kings of insider trading, taking full advantage of both USGovt implemented policy and politically managed commodity indexes, Goldman Sachs made an important move. They covered their remaining 69 short gold futures positions on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM). They have reduced their position to zero. In May 2006, the GSax position reached 52,000 short gold contracts. Now it is zero.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul

Please forgive what is likely a dumb question. How does one go about making a buy on silver? As is evident, I am a market and commodities moron

I just searched online for local coin shops. They have gold and silver coins/bars that you can buy. Just go to yahoo and use the local feature and enter your address and search coin shop. Go check one out or give them a call to see what they are charging. Def call around to get the best price.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join