It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by spinkyboo

I guess you could say I feel bad for about 2 seconds, then I got over it

But really, I would like to know the whole story before I feel bad (as in what kind of teachers, specific school districts, reasonings, perhaps there is a story behind it..)

On a side note, I dont feel bad for all those car dealerships.. who needs a JEEP/PLYMOUTH/DODGE Dealership in every main street in every city.. pretty ridiculous to begin with

Really, only 2 seconds? Wow.
Hopefully all of these changes won't affect you.
Although I suspect they will.

I felt bad for longer than 2 seconds - because I am well aware that even though some people will get some compensation - the government is actually too broke to take care of anyone for any real length of time - except those of course who are
"in the group" of those who are taken care of.

I don't have any wild aspirations of seeing any of the money I put into Soc Sec.
I started working when I was 11.
I don't even have aspirations of having decent food to eat at this point -
unless I am growing it on my own.
I don't buy into the pharmaceuticals and I think those "in charge" of decisions for the good of the people - have horribly wronged the masses - and it's a tight box for the masses to claw their way out of.

I'm not inclined to believe there is some hidden story or undisclosed reason for the layoffs at the schools. They are doing exactly what everyone else is - slashing payroll because there is no money. There is no money.
Ah - except at the hands of a few.

It's all been rather well orchestrated in my opinion.
I don't feel this is a "random act" of recession and depression.
People knew they were lying and were being greedy and
pretending that things were on the up and up.

Rome has to fall.
I just hope those responsible don't use it to control us on
all the other nasty levels that they have made available to themselves.

This is just the beginning my friend.
And - I am still optimistic -
We are greater in spirit and resilience than some might believe.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your points are well taken

I, neither, do not expect SS

Although, I know I am contributing

I dont feel bad because I was a victim as well, and had to turn to something else, but my job was elminated at the start of this whole thing about 2 years ago (experimental marketing) and I had to deal with it.. so I guess feeling bad and feeling compassion are two different things for me.

I dont feel like I will have a problem finding good food though or anything, last time I checked my grocery store there was enough food in it to prob. feed a starving african nation....

This is where I think people living in the USA have had it just a bit too easy lately (not looking for it to be worse of course)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Lazy Saturday at my house.. looks the same here..

On lazy days my mind wanders (as if it doesn't all the time, i gotta problem lol)..

I came up with something here that could refute other opinions that I have had recently, and I thought I would share (because, really, Im not just a bull)

Dow Weekly - As of May 15

It is a WEEKLY chart..

You will see how we get "railroaded" up against the 20 EMA, push through, bounce down into it this week.. so if someone were a bull they would see next week close above this line, and if they were a bear, it would close noticeably below, on good volume

I think this coming week will be VERY VERY TELLING for the markets for the summer season, IMO

Now let me present my 2nd opinion on why I may be eating my hat/agreeing that this was a head fake as well. I will of course /bow and eat my hat, as i have always said, if i am wrong, i will be the first to say i am stupid.

Dow Yearly - Resistance

One could make many opinions about this chart. Lets just imagine if we push through #1, it would have to correlate with some MAJOR POSITIVE NEWS from some source if we are to push through #1 IMHO, if not we might have to try this another day.

Now for those that say this is all BS.. I would discourage this. Not only has redhatty touched on the early 70's b/c of BW agreement, but we also had a MAJOR ENERGY CRISIS.

Now MAJOR ENERGY CRISIS = BANK CRISIS (what this one is all about IMO)

It would be interesting to go back to those charts in the early 70's, and try to correlate what happened when the stock prices broke the 200 EMA.. if anyone has the ability to do this, they might gain some real insight to what we are going to do...

Remember, its like looking at a history book and seeing what happened with the world to correlate what is happening now, all in a intricate graphical representation that will NEVER lie to you.

The news will lie to you guys, internet sites will lie to you, common people will lie to you, your friends will lie to you, and your family will lie to you, the market will NEVER lie to you

I leave you all with that for now

[edit on 16-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Great post!!!

I also believe that the "younger" among us have no earthly idea of what is yet to come and honestly,that "two minutes" of feeling bad will IMO,be the least of it all.
I agree that a "fall" of some sort and fairly severe is coming despite the manufactured numbers and mal-functioning opinions of TPTB.

It simply must "happen" so that hopefully,the balance of finances,life,and everything from aspirations,expectations,and morality can begin to make sense and become "balanced" again.

If I were to offer "advice" to someone starting out that this point it would be:

Learn a tangible skill and learn to work with your hands as well as your head.Learn how to use tools and how to fix things.
Don't be afraid to get dirty, to sweat,and to push yourself physically and mentally.

Stay off drugs of ALL kinds,prescription or otherwise (I know...but I did it and you can as well!) use alcohol with restraint,and learn how to take good care of yourself by staying in good physical shape and to continue to exercise your mind as well.

It's not what you make it's what you save that matters.

Seriously,it's gonna' get rough out there in the next few years almost no way around it anymore.

I'll add a lil 'story here: my hairdresser is in her early 30's and Hispanic...works hard as does her husband,they are buying first home and having first baby...they can affird both and have saved for these major life-events.
His 4 sisters,aged 15-22 all have 2+ children,do NOT work,collect all manner of "assistance" as well as SS and have no sig-others.
They sleep,eat,breed,shop and in general,"make" as much as my hard-working hairdresser for doing nothing PLUS their deliveries and baby-products are paid for and subsidized...she had to pay upfront for her delivery as their insurance won't cover it.
Point IS...there are a gazillion people out there like this and there IS no freakin' "fix" so everyone who cn MUST start paying attention and caring for themselves. Period.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, pretty interesting?

Although, he did back up his claim b/c he has experienced these before..

So actually I don't think he knew anything, b/c big money doesn't play the game, they are the game

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

On a side note, I dont feel bad for all those car dealerships.. who needs a JEEP/PLYMOUTH/DODGE Dealership in every main street in every city.. pretty ridiculous to begin with

Something to keep an eye on: car dealers are the political power brokers at the city/town level. This could cut into the fund-raising efforts of incumbent representatives, at the state and possibly at the federal level.

Watch this closely, and you might see some subtle (yet, significant) policy shifts.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Thats funny..

From where I live "Vern Buchanon" the CAR DEALERSHIP guy played his cards right.. he ripped me off too hahhaa

you were spot on w that one

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

If you're getting bearish on us, then I know we're in trouble.

Interesting charts. I've seen charts of the 1970's recession, so I know that the data is floating around somewhere. I think I posted a link to one of them in this thread, probably about 100 pages ago. I'll see if I can find it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Rut Ro...AGAIN...
Isn't the Bilderberg meeting there now too?!?

World needs fair and just financial system: China's Wu
Sat May 16, 5:04 pm ET
news.yahoo.com...

VIENNA (AFP) – China's parliamentary head Wu Bangguo held talks with Austria's Economy Minister Josef Proell on Saturday, after having called for a fairer and more just world financial system.

Wu, the second most powerful man in China's ruling Communist Party, is in Austria for a four-day visit to strengthen bilateral ties.

He met Austrian President Heinz Fischer and parliamentary president Barbara Prammer, on Friday, said a statement from the Austrian parliament.

During his talks with Prammer, he called for "a fair and just financial system, providing more monitoring and control mechanisms and better taking into consideration the needs of developing countries," said the statement.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Well the reason I reference that is, that chart is the only chart that is "technically" similar as to what is going on right now.

I have referenced this many times.. I cant remember the exact year, but just go to finance.yahoo.com or something and go back and see

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I will though of course be sporting my jordan jersey if we close above #1 next week

EDIT: Dont forget about shane matthews band jersey though! lol

[edit on 17-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

So, we can say china's banking system is then, of course, totally controlled.

Who is left?

Iran, NK?, some african nations?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Stay off drugs of all kinds, and use alcohol in restraint?

-Thats IMO one thing wrong w our country/economy.. but ill stop there

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I think this coming week will be VERY VERY TELLING for the markets for the summer season, IMO

Why do you think this week coming up will be telling for the summer season? I think the summer season will be up most likely but that doesn't mean next week will be up...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I have eluded to it in that post - i cant post anything else, u can pm me

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too paranoid about posting anything on ATS unless a moderator has actually intervened and commented LOL! The worst that might happen is you will get flamed for having a contra pinion. A forum that allows people to talk freely about using the planned obsolescence of the world trade center as a media test is not going to get sued over trading advice.

Oil looks like it reached a top Thursday and was down a couple bucks a barrel Friday. The global recession is starting to show up big time in the european and asian media. Oil speculators are now reading about an oil glut that will probably last at least through the summer driving months. This spring run up is reminiscent of the oil price bounce in the early 80's. Quite deflationary news for the time being.

The good news about the banks passing the stress tests was priced into the markets with the last rally leg. Now investors are being told banks and failed auto companies etc. will be issuing new shares of stock to cover debt. This will be an ongoing and escalating story. We will have to wait and see how long it takes for investors to realize the degree their current stock will be diluted.

Both Europe and China are still lowering interest rates in response to recently reported sliding GDP and for some reason the weaker currencies seem to attract money away from markets that do not have a chance to lower rates any further.

Technically many indicators are showing way overbought signals at the moment, actually the ones I usually follow like the RSI have been signaling overbought since April. When the news goes contra to technical analysis the news wins every time.

www.financialsense.com...

Next week should settle the market trend question for everybody. If more investors start seeing a trend reversal in stock prices, that would probably be the most important technical signal we have heard in months.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I see our "Resident Cheerleader" is still at it...Hmmm...K...

The eurozone’s terrible recession
May 15 2009 20:09
www.ft.com...

This has to be the worst of it. If it is not, then the eurozone’s prospects are grim indeed. The German economy shrank by 4 per cent in the first quarter compared with the last three months of 2008. That is far from the astonishing 11 per cent shrinkage suffered by Slovakia during the same period. But it was still the lousiest performance of any big eurozone country, by far. If the German economy continues to shrink at this rate, it will be a fifth smaller by the end of the year, entirely reversing the decade and a half of growth since unification.
More bad news at Link...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

I thought about that too. But I wouldn't want to give advice, seriously, cause I wouldn't want anyone to lose on anything I do.

You can PM me, if you need anything, but I will still continue to post charts as most know what they mean.

I rather not test the system, as I dont have my series 7 yet, and would like get it, and not be able to for some freak reason b/c of a conspiracy website..

Best thing is just to PM me, seriously

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Good article about how one guy totally wrecked his "life" basically due to his "Personal Credit Crisis" and it's got some solid info within.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Im getting fitted for a new uniform tonight..

Big game with state champions this coming week..

LOL

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join