It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Star 4 U!!!

I Thought everyone had bugged out and forgot to tell me TSHTF...

And yes the "Master of the Universe" are going for each others throats now...

It's the regional players against the global players...

Their poor NWO is at stake here and it looks to fail from your above stated greed...

Absolute Power...Absolute Corruption...Absolute Chaos...Absolutely...

It's gone beyond their control now...emotion has over taken the movement...

It was always about emotions. What do you think "feeling greedy" is? Or "feeling threatened" versus "feeling safe"?

They just switch from one feeling to another and puf! - what you get is politics and economy

And Depression is also a feeling. How do you feel?

I feel so depressed...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Here's some good news if you're in the Market for a new Apartment:

U.S. Apartment Rents Decline as Vacancies Hit Five-Year High

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes is about time, when the first wave of foreclosures hit the apartment rents went up because they were expecting more demand, but it has not be so.

That is one of the reasons my daughter move back home, because no only her roommate left to live with a sister among many things but the rents were going up.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Well in my neck of the wood they are trying to gouge the tax payer with more state taxes first, even my husband military retirement has become a target here in GA.

This state is one in the list of worst states when it comes to income but that doesn't stop the local state government from squandering money and making themselves bigger while raising their own salaries.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I take it the new rules are already helping defunked banks to write off bad balances or flat out not report them. Look at the newest scam/lie going....

Stock futures jump on Wells Fargo profit surprise

The government also says the U.S. trade deficit plunged unexpectedly in February.

The Dow Jones industrial average futures are surging, up 148 at 7,941. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up almost 16 at 838, while Nasdaq 100 index futures are up 19.5 at 1,318.
Snip
directly below this bullocks is this lil dandy

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street is poised for a sharply higher open after Wells Fargo surprised investors by forecasting a record $3 billion profit for the first quarter.

The news is a welcome sign for investors who have been anxiously anticipating first-quarter earnings reports from banks to determine if the credit and lending markets have improved in recent months.

Major retailers were also reporting their March sales figures. And Investors are also awaiting a the weekly report on new jobless claims.

After Wells' announcement, Dow Jones industrial average futures are surging, up 106 at 7,899. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up 14 at 837, while Nasdaq 100 index futures are up 17 at 1,315.
NOW how did we get all this information in a matter of breaking news seconds? Ahh yes that is right we don't know how things work on the reall markets so hey just tell 'em what they want to hear. It is good to keep the masses pacified.

I call bullocks on this one plain and simple misleading the public and any idiot who is stupid enough to fall for it. The actual deficit when totalled in all feilds is in the 62 trillion range by now

dohh forgot the link it is going to be refreshed soon so keep an eye on it.
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

yeh wasn't the dow in the negative yesterday at closing and the like 7,800's when it closed yesterday? idk how it can start so high/good. actually i don't really understand stocks and stuff haha

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Still here...trying HARD to find the "good stuff" I have in my life currently otherwise I'd be sucked into that vortex of resentment and anger as well I fear...Not dipping into the markets personally on any level currently although of course,I am keeping up.
A few personal observations of the past few days: schools here are rural but OVERUN with absolute scum (sorry,I know some kids don't have choices but you CAN choose not to do drugs and shoot at people,right?) ie,the overflow from San Antonio,where they get kicked out and they then move out here to re-enroll...we are paying the escalating taxes and the teachers are overwhelmed."Babysitters" are being paid to sit with these lil' gang-bangers and such.Pregancy rate in over the top and growing with no relief in sight as their "religion" adds to the mix.Consequently,the local kids are struggling for a quality of education and frustration is rampant.
Shopping this week: I HATE to shop however I insist on a few things of quality to insure I am ready to address events in my life.Stores have VERY little in terms of stock,almost NO ONE working,and honestly,it's a mess...I was in @ 15 stores since Monday (it's "Holy Week" in Mexico and traditionally they travel to this area in droves to shop as the schools are closed...usually a great time for sales and good buys) and it's the same whether you are looking high-end or discount.
Crime is rapidly escalating: guy down the road had his truck stolen while at an event in Austin where the rate is soaring due to MANY transients and homeless,the city makes it "easy for them" to survive there.
Just yesterday I saw a large "pack" of more than likely "illegals" walking down the road to my ranch...carrying bags and backpacks,more than likely looking for work but what happens when they find none? Many of the local ranchers have cut WAY back on their growing due to cost-averaging and potential sales of crops.
And...I wake up to news that Wells Fargo has posted huge gains,markets are up,and in that parallel universe,life is rosy.
Some good reading here,too much to post but also some of those "charts" I like:
www.calculatedriskblog.com...

This so so screwed though,sorry for the language but it's screwed:

Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Bailout Bonds
by CalculatedRisk on 4/08/2009 09:31:00 PM
From Graham Bowley and Michael de la Merced at the NY Times: U.S. Imagines the Bailout as an Investment Tool

[T]he Obama administration is encouraging several large investment companies to create the financial-crisis equivalent of war bonds: bailout funds.

The idea is that these investments ... would give ordinary Americans a chance to profit from the bailouts that are being financed by their tax dollars. ...

But, as with any investment, there are risks. If, as some analysts suspect, the banks’ assets are worth even less than believed, the funds’ investors could suffer significant losses. Nonetheless, the administration and executives in the financial industry are pushing to establish the investment funds, in part to counter swelling hostility against the financial industry.
The new funds are still under discussion, and they are unlikely to be established for several months, if indeed the plans go through at all.
I assume PIMCO, BlackRock and others will charge minimal or no fees for individual investors.

You, too, can help bailout Citigroup and BofA! (in addition to your taxes)

[edit on 9-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert280

yeh wasn't the dow in the negative yesterday at closing and the like 7,800's when it closed yesterday? idk how it can start so high/good. actually i don't really understand stocks and stuff haha

Wells Fargo (a bank that needed help) posts earnings that was much higher than anaylsts expected so now everyone is euphoric and buying.

If you don't understand the markets, think of them like a bipolar person in a mental hospital who overreacts to things and can give you money or take your money away

[edit on 9-4-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That's only good news if you have a job.

Detroit Public Schools announced a plan this morning to close 23 schools, and cut 600 teaching positions. Apparently, this will save $8.8 Million, but DPS is facing a $300 Million budget deficit.

My preferred method of helping Detroit was not to save the automakers, but to give that $25-50 Billion to Detroit in the form of tax subsidies for businesses that were willing to come into the city and open up shop. But heaven forbid Michigan diversify it's economy.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Chrysler-UAW Talks on Union Health Fund Gain Urgency

April 9 (Bloomberg) -- The United Auto Workers union stepped up talks with Chrysler LLC to cut funding to a health fund ahead of the automaker’s April 30 deadline to pare debt or file for bankruptcy, people familiar with the talks said.

The goal is to reach an accord as soon as this week on obligations to the Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association for retirees, said the people, who didn’t want to be named because the discussions are private. The trust is designed to pay medical bills for 125,000 past and present union workers

www.bloomberg.com...

There is no way in hell that the Wells Fargo profits are real. Seems like another AIG "leaked memo" to me for some short term gains. I think there has been a lot less posting on this thread lately because the outcome has become obvious, now we are all just waiting.

There will come a time, this year I believe, when we will be saying "told ya so" to quite a few people we know.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hrmmm
What exactly happend to those billions of dollars sent through with the budget for education? Exactly where is that money right now because they have passed the damn thing after all.....makes one wonder exactly if there is any money in the first place!
Everyone in pretty much every state is closing schools and firing teachers or giving them pink slips so they can collect unemployment. When we have allocated billions into the public education system? Something is really starting to stink bad and it isn't my pretty feet!

EDIT TO ADD:

Ment budgets the past few years there has been billions upon billions, yet schools are still closing in droves. Last few years it has been the performance issue; perform well you stay open, don't and well you get closed and your students are bussed somewhere else. Was this perhaps an excuse to close schools with out people knowing?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That money is coming. However in the case of Detroit, they no longer have the population to fill their schools, thus they fire school employees.

Same thing is happening in Palm Beach, Fl. They overbuilt the schools to meet demand from the housing boom and now they can't fill the schools.

Add in illegal immigrants going back home and it becomes clear that certian areas need to downsize their schools.

Simple economics.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

That reasoning makes sense in those areas, but many others are affected. San Francisco schools gave out 500 pink slips in February, I don't think they can't fill the schools.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Off Topic: Happy News for the Day, no kidding

Dad turns cardboard boxes into solar oven
When Jon Bohmer sat down with his two little girls for a simple project they could work on together, he didn't realize they'd hit upon a solution to one of the world's biggest problems for just $5: A solar-powered oven. full story

www.cnn.com...

This could really be amazing. Nice of the guy to give away the design for free. People like that are pretty rare.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OK Well Fargo may be playing the same trick that the BofA played last month, all you have to do is deduct the tax payer money they took from the TARP and lets see how much profits they really made.

They got $25 billion from Treasury last October in the first installment of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP, also said that it has been lending money aggressively even as the economy sputters.

They so far said that they pay back $371.5 million.

And as for the Deficit, the morons think we are stupid occurs the deficit shrunk because people are not buying as much so imports are stagnant and so are exports.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

But as long as numbers look good everything is peachy.

Don't worry about unemployment, foreclosures and anything else people, remember we are doing great!!!!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elston

That's pretty cool! In the "What should young people go into" thread, one of my suggestions was to find a way to boil water in developing countries. Looks like we might be able to take that one off the table!

$5 might still be too expensive for these communities, but with all of the philanthropic efforts, it should be very doable. I mean, a $5 Million donor could produce a million of these things, and from there it would be relatively simple to get the contributions needed to actually get these things into the communities that need them! Somebody get George Clooney on the phone!

If this takes off, it's huge. Very worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize. This story just made my day, elston!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Made mine too glad you enjoyed it. It actually does have serious economic possibilities so I thought it was mildly relevant. I started a thread about it but it appears no one is interested in good news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Fed Task Force Seeks Ways to Improve Response to Bank Distress

April 9 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve officials are conducting an internal review of bank supervision aimed at improving regulators’ response to stress in the financial system, according to people familiar with the process

www.bloomberg.com...

seems a little late doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm now convinced that Jim Cramer has a serious coc aine problem. This idiot is getting into it with Roubini!

Roubini has massive street credibility among Economists and laymen alike. Cramer doesn't. If he lets this get too big, then it will adversely effect his ability to pump stocks.

Sometimes, you just need to know when to shut the hell up. Jim apparently hasn't learned that lesson.

12:35 PM:

Dow 8,017.51 +180.40 (2.30%)
S&P 500 847.02 +21.86 (2.65%)
Nasdaq 1,638.76 +48.10 (3.02%)
10y bond 2.87% -0.03 (-1.03%)

[edit on 9-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Calling Cramer a Buffon was a very nice way of putting it. The guy is a complete idiot. He's gotta be on more than one payroll with all the pumps he does. I am actually surprised he's still on CNBC.

new topics

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join