It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Zeitgeist, Peter Joeseph, is out in left field.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Peter Joespeh, the creator of Zeitgeist is on Alex Jones infowars broadcast right now.

I have had my doubts and concerns about the Zeitgeist movement....

Well, He just said He doesn't believe in Evil....

I will continue more as he speaks...

Him and Alex are going at it about basic beliefs...It's a great conversation.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a discussion on good and evil, their existence, and what they mean is philosophical if you ask me. I don't see how saying that one doesn't believe in evil makes them nuts? Are you just really terrified of philosophy or what?

It actually sounds pretty sane to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

Lol, he's butt raping him lol.

I find it so funny, Alex is the Rush Limbauh of us conspiracy theorists, sounds like him, talks like him, completely different message lol.

Fact is, there is good and evil, this bs about how there is not evil or bad is hilarious.
This zietgiest guy is so full of it and just keeps spinning and spinning.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is no evil, only perspective.

What is evil? (Exactly)

The most evil thing someone can do is to interfere with the free expression of someone elses life.

If someone is considered evil, and you want to interfere in their life...is that not considered evil?

Interfering in someone elses FREE WILL, is the most evil thing that can be accomplished.

To decide that something is evil, is a judgement call, on the observers part.

Nothing is inherently evil, other than to interfere in someone elses destiny.

George Bush is considered evil by many people. However, George Bush has his own life to live and his own destiny.

In order to stop evil, we have to stop interfering in other people's lives.

Alex Jones just attacked the Zeitgeist creator, he barely allowed him to speak his mind. Alex pretends to allow people to express themselves, then attempts to dictate reality by trashing their viewpoints, and inserting his own.
|Alex is not correct. The Zeitgeist creator is not correct either. But I appreciate the perspectives.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Can someone link to a video for this, or maybe just a sound recording?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I agree. "Evil" is a value judgment, as is "good."

If one is Taoist, for example, "good" and "evil" as pure form are one. It all IS.

Going into a dualist viewpoint, like most of the religions of today, one separates the yin from the yang, labeling each.

Depending on one's viewpoint, one may see "Isness," a whole, or one may see "Good" and "Evil," a separation.

And of course... It all boils down to philosophy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

so, if someone doesn't agree with your percepts and beliefs, they are out in left field?
the zietgiest films are awesome eyeopeners that pull back the curtain to expose the petty tyrants and manipulators.
because the author 'doesn't believe in evil', he is somehow now, 'out in left field'?

evil is a human concept. it has never been bottled, measured, seen, captured, or in any other way proven to 'exist'.

i guess i might be in left field, too, because i don't believe evil is a tangible thing?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dont agree with peters films in regards to aspects of religion, But this "crap" Alex jones is doing is really pissing me off.
What Alex calls passion for argumentative behavior in reality is making him sound like a complete douche bag. Why does he allways have to interupt and act like a child to get is points across.

Kudos to Peter. while I dont agree 100% with his films and ideas I appreciate his cool and collective behavior.

Alex often has good points, but it is clear he was pissed off at this guy before he even came on the show.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Seems to me that the topic of good and evil is a "gotcha" question played by Alex Jones.

At one point in time I respected Alex Jones quite a lot. Things have changed since then. The man is a loud-mouthed fear-mongerer, plain and simple.
The other poster was spot-on in comparing him to Rush Limbaugh. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if TOMORROW someone were to show my PROOF that Alex Jones' biggest sponsor is the Federal Government.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have been listening to the whole thing.

Alex Jones has been ripping this guy a new one for about an hour now. He sounded like he was going to beat this kid up when he started harping on the $19.95 crap.

This guy is a fruit cake. To deny evil is the height of ignorance. He and his utopian society bollocks are a poorly constructed pipe dream.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It's playing live now.
Just go to infowars.com and click on listen live, it's on right now.

Also, here is pretty much what the Bible calls evil:

"He who knows to do good and does it not, to him it is sin", sin is evil, so if you sin, then you are being evil, if you know to do good and don't do it, then it's evil, we all know what is good though, it's something that we all know in our hearts.
The thing is, when people say there is no evil and try to push this idea, then they are honestly trying to manipulate you into believing in that what they do is ok.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Lol, yeah, this guy is basicly saying "We wil never have peace till everyone believes like me", he's 100% right, but he's 100% wrong, we're not all clones, we're different people with different beliefs and ideas.

We need to learn to tolerate others beliefs.

Lol, "Us Texans, we're crappin' in an outhouse every 5 minutes" Lol, I love Alex.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow, I surprised to read that people actually agree with me.

I saw the light one day.

I am free Person/Spirit.

I was born to experience life. I was born to make mistakes. I was born to learn from my mistakes.

If I cannot make those mistakes, by choice, without interference, then I have no right to learn, and grow, in the manner that best suites my natural progress.

If someone takes that right away from me, to make mistakes on my own, and learn from them, then they are evil, or acting with malice, and that is evil.

An act is not simply evil. An act can be a catapult to growth, whether percieved as good or evil.

An act to restrict someone else's choice to commit an evil act, is evil in itself.

Because, Number 1, who's to say what's evil? And Number 2, What if I need to commit this evil act in order to see my faults and to learn and grow?

Interference in other's free will, is the only thing I consider to be evil.

Thanks for all the supportive comments from my fellow Philosophers and Truth Seekers.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think he has some good stuff to say and Alex Jones is not really letting him talk, which is pissing me off. But the guy is talking like he is above and holds all this knowledge and has it all figured out, and that is pissing me off as well. So I am sitting here pissed off, which isnt good for my heart and well being.

I dont know how the guy is saying there is no evil, religion is bad, then he talks about values and how sick our society is. I agree, but I dont think you can equate evil with religion, and not the word values.

I dont know, but I am kind of wishing for the last hour or so of my life back. No not really it is pretty interesting to listen to both of them talk, even if they are bickering like a couple school girls.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well just to get it out.........

This gentleman, Peter Joseph is very, very high and mighty.....

Alex Jones is a Beast when it comes to human nature, basics, survival and the comman man....

Alex Jones get's criticized alot for his movies, his tone, his rhetoric, and how he manipulates people with his message.

Peter Joseph and Zeitgeist Scared me....I liked some of the 2nd one, but he and that movie are even more cynical.....

So this conversation, was a must.....

They needed to air this out, and I'm glad for one, that Alex Let his Inner-Self Unleash on this man.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
jones is being an ass.
these two should be helping each other.

joseph admitted evil is 'real', and clarified he meant evil in the RELIGIOUS sense does not exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think Peters Philosophy is about 4000 years too late.
Had he sold this idea to the acients maybe he would have achieved something.

To much confusion, and too much ideology now to bring in "HIS NWO".

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
alex is annoying i want to hear this man speak and all he is doing is tearing him down and interupting him

he reminds me of hannity from Faux news that never lets the people he is interveiwing speak and makes the interviewer angry so that when they actually get to answer they are trying so hard that they barely make sense.

i mean i appreciate what alex is trying to do

but he is just yelling at this guy for the music he uses in his film?!?!? is that really any type of argument ?

how about actually speaking of issues

if impressed with peter for not going insane listening to alex just blabing away

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Well I agree Jones is being an ass. But I dont get where this anti religious idea of EVIL is coming from. No matter how you slice it evil is evil, religious or not.
Yes I have watched the films so im still wondering where he is coming from with this.
Im Christian and I see evil for what it is, (Morally objectionable behavior).
I dont see it as the devil in some red spandex pking me with a pitchfork into doing what is bad. Evil is a choice, through emotion and belief.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Thats exactly what I was thinking, Alex would be right at home on the Fox News network.
He is trying to dominate the interveiw with loud mouthed comments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join