It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL- Final U.S. Presidential Debate

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
*snip*

So it was mccain who was the reptilian the whole time

Mod Edit.Removed deleted photo.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didn't watch it. I only saw one clip.

And in that clip - Obama lied.

He said that 100% of McCains ads were 'negative'.

Either Obama is out and out telling a lie, or he doesn't know his math and is therefore telling falsehoods through ignorance.

It doesn't matter ... Obama will win. We'll be stuck with him and his administration (Jimmy Carter II) for the next four years. God help us.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I didn't watch it. I only saw one clip.

And in that clip - Obama lied.

He said that 100% of McCains ads were 'negative'.

Either Obama is out and out telling a lie, or he doesn't know his math and is therefore telling falsehoods through ignorance.

It doesn't matter ... Obama will win. We'll be stuck with him and his administration (Jimmy Carter II) for the next four years. God help us.

I dont think anyone who only watches one clip is allowed to critique. Right before that Mccain said Obamas ads were more negative than McCains... There's a lie from McCain. Get your facts together.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
A gaffe by McCain was when he mentioned autism and said Sarah Palin knows about it first hand.

Palin's son has down syndrome not autism.

Beyond that I think it's pretty lame trying to claim that, just because a woman like Sarah Palin has a kid when she's in her forties (which generally leads to birth defects) suddenly she's an expert on the subject of special needs.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by davion]

For the record, Palin has a NEPHEW who has autism.

blog.wellalarm.com...

Look it up next time before you assume.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Still in no way makes her an 'expert' in the field of special needs children. To suggest this is a big stretch of the facts.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I dont think anyone who only watches one clip is allowed to critique.

Think again.
I definately an 'allowed' to critique the clip I saw.
And it contained a bold faced lie.

Get your facts together.

My facts are just fine.
Obama lied. He said 100% of McCains ads were 'negative'.
That is absolutely not true.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by sos37

Still in no way makes her an 'expert' in the field of special needs children. To suggest this is a big stretch of the facts.

Do you know how much time she's spent with her nephew or how much time she's spent studying autism? I would guess no, and neither do I.

It's not something we would know unless we could ask her or unless we knew her. At least McCain is in a position to know her when he makes his statement. Are you?

(this is not meant disrespectfully) So who are we more likely to believe, realistically - a guy that has spent a lot of time with her recently or an anonymous guy on the internet that offers an opinion? Exactly.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I got to admit she seems to be more of an expert on it than many people. So I would have to say she is an expert. I guess the debate changes now to how much of an expert? Biden and McCain are often called experts in foreign policy. But even they have shown us that they do not fully understand every aspect of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yet you ignore that mccain lied 3 seconds before

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lies, lies, lies, all we hear are lies from both sides from both campaigns. At this point I'm thinking the best candidate would be an impartial nun or monk who has taken a vow of silence, except when negotiating for the safety of our country.

Think about it. No more self promoting speeches, no more smear campaigns, only messages of love and understanding even toward atheists and agnostics, very low chance of corruption in office, no worries about pork barrel spending, refocus on education and health care ... etc.

I'll start looking and get back with you.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

a nun would be against a woman's right to choose, so no thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Hey, thanks for the link! My daughter is getting ready to enter college next year and this will be a great help!

TBH, I didn't hear McCain say that (and yes, I watched it twice on TV in it's entirety). I would be against non-certified teachers from any profession. But conceding that McCain did make that statement, the web site itself says something totally different. I chalk that up to just another politician thinking he knows everything while spewing untruths.

You seem to be interested in this subject. There's a thread going on right now on the education system at large at www.abovetopsecret.com...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Having a special needs child or being related to a special needs child does not make one an expert in the field. The definition of expert is: A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject. There is no evidence that Palin has such skill or knowledge. I worked with special needs adults and do not consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Is she familiar with the needs of such children, yes. Is she an expert in the field, no. There is a difference.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Having a special needs child or being related to a special needs child does not make one an expert in the field. The definition of expert is: A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject. There is no evidence that Palin has such skill or knowledge. I worked with special needs adults and do not consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Is she familiar with the needs of such children, yes. Is she an expert in the field, no. There is a difference.

In some regards however, is there really more of an expert than someone who is a parent to such a child? I agree, it does not make them a Physician in the particular field, or an M.D. Certified Medical Researcher. I do however know SOME parents who are far more of an expert on their child's condition than even the doctors. I really feel it is all about how you define "expert" in general. Whereas a Doctor might know more about treatments, and particulars, a Parent might know more about the emotional and developmental aspects.

Usually Physicians learn more about illnesses or developmental disorders through the keen observations of Parents and/or Guardians. I know experienced Parents that can just look at a kid, or observe them for a moment, and they can diagnose an illness or developmental issue before a Doctor even gets involved. That is an expert of sorts, is it not?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Kailassa
The thread seems to be ending, so perhaps a snapshot of the end of the debate would be appropriate.

*snip*

So it was mccain who was the reptilian the whole time

That is awesome and fitting way for McCain to be seen chasing Obama with his tongue hanging out, a visual freudian slip that reflects the what is really happening this election cycle.

Mod Edit:Removed photo.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

I completely disagree. A parent who takes care of a special needs child is indeed an expert on the disability that child suffers because they are exposed to it every day! It depends on what your definition on an "expert" is. If you're saying expert = doctor, then no of course she's not. She's into politics, not professional health. I tend to think of an expert as someone that has an intense amount of knowledge and/or experience on the subject matter. One doesn't need a certificate saying they're an expert to really be one.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The child in question is still an infant, and I can most assuredly tell you that her education is only beginning! Now I would agree that she has a special understanding of the issue and would make an excellent advocate for parents of special needs children, and a much better understanding than any of the other candidates. But expertise requires much more time and study than she has, that is my point.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

OMG!!! Is this a actual photo or a photoshopped one???? If it's for real, it is TOTALLY inapropriate from a presidential candidate! Talk about childish! If it's for real, McCain is entering his second childhood! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT FOR REAL!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

reply to post by sos37

Do you know how much time she's spent with her nephew or how much time she's spent studying autism? I would guess no, and neither do I.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by sos37]

If you don't know either it means what he said, a big stretch of the fact.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

THIS IS NOT A PHOTOSHOP

Sad isn't it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join