It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want to be visited by aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Im creating this thread as a sort of spinoff from the huge 0ctober 14th GFL visit and while I think I read almost every post and even posted a few of my own feelings and shared some great laughs. I came up with the notion of this thread to ask the ATS family if they were really excited about today or would be really excited if in fact an alien ship and lifeforms touched down.Would you be excited or scared?

What would we do if we had hard proof of a ship landing? What would we do? and is this planet so screwed up that is it a waste for them to stop and help? I have to admit there was a small piece of me that wanted to walk outside and look up just like Will Smith did and see a giant ship, Sure its pure fantasy but maybe it was the boy inside of me wanting an absolution. Maybe Im tired of wars and poverty and the greed and corruption that is destroying this country and planet. I just guess I wanted to see some good come out of it. So thank you all for helping me to use my imagination again. I look forward to your posts and lets keep god out of this tread..

Star and Flag if you like!!!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The trouble with today's society is, transforming without the willingness to do so. We all want an easy transition to something new and unknown, it can be, yes, but with trauma to some degree is always faster. ETs making themselves known to the Human race would be traumatic to the effect of destabilizing old structures of thoughts and beliefs, most of everything our current society thrives on will implode into nothingness.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
honestly, i believe this all stems from our fleeting moments of hope we all still possess.

in my youth, whenever troubled times came my way, whenever i was scared or hurt i looked to my heroes and found the strength i needed to overcome my obstacles

now, the world is a far bigger place and yet smaller all at the same time and we are sadly lacking in true heroes when we painfully need them the most.

i think to some extent we externalize our needs and since a lot of people feel hopeless with the world in the state that it's in, we look to the outside with hope that it will bring us beyond our troubles and our fears and make light from the darkest of our nightmares.

though we need saving, i feel that if aliens do exist and did land here that our world would fall apart. that is my opinion simply because the majority of people never even consider things like that to be a possibility and if something of that magnitude suddenly made itself known, there would be mass hysteria

we do need heroes but we ultimately need to realize that what is needed to save us lives inside of us all and it is our duty to try our best until the end of our days.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I remember my father told me once that he believed that beings who traveled here from space would be just like us ,just as arrogant cruel and greedy because ,those are partly what motivates us toward expansion and exploration. That made sense to me and I have not been looking forward to alien contact as some bridge to a more enlightened future. I will presume that aliens have their own agenda like all conquering cultures here on earth. They my say they are spreading enlightenment ,but I bet it will cost us plenty
If they are even out there

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I agree with both possiblities, im sure there is intelligent life out there somewhere both malicious and kind.

Whether we want them depends on who they are. War has evolved technology far more than peace so id be willing to bet theres a higher chance of an aggressive species coming here than a passive one. Passive species would have little ineterest in a voilent humanity. A violent species would probably see opportunity here for expansion and exploitation.

If the aliens do turn up at some point i can assure you I wont be running off into a greatbig field to throw a welcome party, id probably keep a very safe distance from it all and be very wary of invites to crowd as many people together as possible. As an agressor that would be the very tactic you might use to wipe a species out quicker

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Personally i would not like aliens to visit here. The very fact they could visit automatically removes us from the top of the food chain, what was ours is now theirs. The saying be careful what you wish for because it just might come true is a wise saying besides finding the answers ourselves is what drives us both intellectually and emotionally when mysteries reveal themselves the satisfaction can be there but the magic is lost, id rather hope we are not alone than have it confirmed with a laser beam blowing up my conservatory.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would hope there would be time and opportunity to study them and find their weaknesses ,specifically how to kill them. It's always good to know that it ,makes for an even playing field during negotiations

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Do we Really ? Er YES !! oh and NO
Why ?

well, YES for a start it may just shut these religious cronies up once and for all (note i said MAY) Or we will be forever at war on this planet ...

Secondly i wont have to keep on hearing about some blokes running for some presidential job in a country thousands of miles away that i dont really think about , Everytime i turn the box on !!! Fingers crossed...

They might sort out this Global recession out by blowing up all the Banks and hanging the fat cats out to dry by the nuts hopefully, oh and give me my job back in the aggregate delivery game which i lost due to the slump in the housing market !!

No

Their Cats or dogs might like Whiskas Tuna & Human flavour

They might like Whiskas Tuna & Human favour! in jelly!!

Git

[edit on 14-10-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How is this thread allowed to exist? Any other thread relating to the 14th has been closed down... no offense to the Op but I don't see how this one is any different...but I will add my point of view post 14th given there's nowhere else to do it.

Anyway - on topic, there wasn't a Huge Oct 14th GFL visit as the Op states. They failed to show up - unless of course, I'm being kept in the dark. I used to think that us humans would be able to handle 'contact' but after the 14th Oct debacle, I have completely changed my mind.

Humans are not ready, as much as they would like to imagine themselves to be. We are still good and ripe for a take over if the aliens that came were malevolent. It appears humans are very easily manipulated - so long as the ET message jives with their hopes for the future, their world views etc...

Too many humans would take an aliens word at face value. They appear to take the word of a charlatan like blossom very readily because someones telling them what they want to hear. Imagine if an alien did it instead of a bored housewife from Noosa. Unfortunately, too many humans would still be like clay in their hands just through the will to believe, to give the benefit of the doubt. When dealing with the truly unknown, this compromises us. It's dangerous.

Humans aren't ready for a big landing, for contact, or for disclosure. We have some way to come yet.

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It would be fascinating just to have that exposure to what could be a radically different culture. What are their views compared to ours, differences and similarities? But I have to agree with others who have said it could be potentially disastrous and that we aren't ready.

So I suppose I couldn't say either way with certainty until it happens...

Then again I'd likely walk right up the ramp with the rest of the herd, mesmerized by the pretty lights, straight into Processing Vat #12

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm ready for it. The question "Are we alone?" has been around long enough. I want proof that we're not. And I think that if they were malevolent, then they'd probably have done something already... so I doubt that. I'm sure there's a chance of it, but I just don't think it's quite as likely as some people would say. If they have the technology to visit our planet, then they must be cooperating with each other to some extent. Maybe they're not interested in wars and conflicts. Actually, maybe that's why they don't want to talk to us.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Its funny how people always assume that "since we're still here , they are probably good , right?"

Not necessarily ... there are many other explanations , I myself really don't see more technologically advanced races coming here to "save us".

As I don't assume technologically advanced as spiritualy and ethicaly advanced ... the latter wouldn't intervene with us , as that would be wrong in their eyes , by saving us , we wouldn't be able to grow up , we would always need to be "saved"...

No one will save us but ourselves , anyone claiming that will come save us is probably deceiving us ... what is up with people waiting for salvation? What hapenned to self-confidence , self-trust , self-love even? You really believe you can't do it? You really believe WE can't do it?

In this I agree with the Allies of Humanity message
We HAVE to do it , we have to fend for ourselves...
Stop waiting for salvation and start looking for a solution.

Thats it , Peace

Roufas

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by b3r6a8d8

Goodbye.

How ironic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy your ban.

Mods he has posted quite a few posts like this in the last few minutes.
Most have been removed, but here's one more that hasn't been removed yet.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

On topic. It all depends on the aliens, do I feel they are friendly etc.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sorry if this may be a double post from anonymous , but I decided to register and join the community

Its funny how people always assume that "since we're still here , they are probably good , right?"

Not necessarily ... there are many other explanations , I myself really don't see more technologically advanced races coming here to "save us".

As I don't assume technologically advanced as spiritualy and ethicaly advanced ... the latter wouldn't intervene with us , as that would be wrong in their eyes , by saving us , we wouldn't be able to grow up , we would always need to be "saved"...

No one will save us but ourselves , anyone claiming that will come save us is probably deceiving us ... what is up with people waiting for salvation? What hapenned to self-confidence , self-trust , self-love even? You really believe you can't do it? You really believe WE can't do it?

In this I agree with the Allies of Humanity message
We HAVE to do it , we have to fend for ourselves...
Stop waiting for salvation and start looking for a solution.

Thats it , Peace

Roufas

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

A hearty welcome to ATS Roufas!

Glad you decided to take the jump! enjoy your time here mate!

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't really know if I believe in alien visitation to earth or not, but I do keep an open mind about it. That being said, and as others have said, I don't think that humans are ready for any sort of visitation. Theirs still too much "religious" type thinking over the whole situation. I think thats a big mistake. I think that in the end, if ETs actually do end up showing up, it will cause alot of hysteria. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They are visiting. Groups have been stationed here for thousands, perhaps several millions (as they greys claim) years, and aside from certain involvements with governments, they have no one to stop anything they are doing to average citizens all over the world. Some say they will be forcing disclosure (Jim Spark's for example) some time after 2012, say 2015-2017. He says the government had already agreed on a timetable that would have brought this much sooner, but had broken their agreements.
I don't know what is going on. But, for the people to whom this is a core issue, they want disclosure now. Then things that are happening to the average person, will stop. Governments will be forced to take responsibility for their secrecy which was based on greed all along and not a need to protect us, because we were thrown to the wolves in this, as in all matters. I'm not just asking for full disclosure, and for those who like to work in private to show up. I'm demanding it and won't take no for and answer!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And as for Ms. Goodchild. Am I angry with this out of work actress who spread this wild story and gained some noteriety and cash in the process. Hell no! Her whole gain happened at the expense of a public that has been systematically and methodically lied to, and massively betrayed, by the Servants of the People, sworn to uphold democratic values and protect them. She's just a symptom of a far greater problem, and I'm really furious about it. For those experiencing things, that no one in their right mind would ever wish upon themselves or family members, the ones they blame are the criminals in office handling their pay offs at the expense of humanity. And I'm really very angry. What disclosure truly means, is an end to secrecy and the work that is extremely questionable that involves those no one listens to, the average person. When they speak up, they are subject to immense ridicule and it has to stop on all levels, but especially from the top, as it facilitates all of this due to both hypocrisy and GREED!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Sure its pure fantasy but maybe it was the boy inside of me wanting an absolution.

Highly doubt it is fantasy...and the boy in you will always want things no longer seen as 'realistic' to adults...and good for that.

What would we do if we had hard proof of a ship landing?

Celebrate! Then, after sobering up, quit my day job and go and try to hitch a ride to wherever...but only if I can come back since I have family.

Imagine the look on the faces of those committed to organized religion...!

Believer:
"Uhh, Father, what do we do now...?"

The Priest:
"My child, a sign has been given, a sign that what you believe in is BS...but thanks for the money you threw in the basket over the years - SUCKA!"

Just a thought...

content edit!

[edit on 10/15/2008 by chapter29]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join