It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru / Planet X orbit doesn't make sense!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Maybe someone could explain this to me.

If you look at the orbit that curls around the sun Nibiru turns sharply around it and is thrown out into the outer reaches of the solar system by the sun.
That makes sense but what I don't understand is the other end of the orbit. The same thing happens but there is nothing to cause the sharp turn back into the solar system? What makes Nibiru turn so sharply back into the system?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I know Stichlin believes that Nibiru is a planet... one who's orbit was affected by our other planets (collisions, near collisions... whatever).

Myself, and with recebt asteroid activity, feel that Nibiru is probably a cloud or collection of asteroids. This would explain the 'odd' orbit, why it is more comet-like than planet.

And, then too... if waaay back when, when Nibiru and the planet between Mars and Jupiter had their 'accident', it would explain the asteroid hypothesis; why would one planet be destroyed in a galactic event, and not the other?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No matter what it is , I just don't see what causes that orbital turn in the outer edges of the system.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Aside from Niburu, what about Sedna. It has an elliptical orbit and has been proven. We know that they are not the same planet but maybe that can help with your question. What keeps Sedna on its orbit?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Most galaxies are binary, meaning they have two stars/suns. It is possible for galaxies to have a dormant sun, or a brown dwarf, and a regular star. The sun is one of the smallest stars we know about. The theory of Nibiru says that there is a big dark star which has at least one planet revolving around it. One of the planets revolving around this dark star could have been what caused the collision between whatever planet was in what is now the asteroid belt.

Since the 1800s scientists have found discrepancies in the trajectories of the outer planets, as if something big out there were causing these discrepancies. One of the theories is that there is another giant object in the outskirts of our solar system that has been affecting the outer planets.

Now for some reason the solar system is heating up. The sun is acting very strange having cycles which are longer than we have ever seen. Mars is heating up so much that its polar caps are melting. Jupiter right now has developed a blueish color which scientists dont know what is causing this. All the planets and even our sun is reacting to something, in ways we have not seen before. We do not know for sure what is causing this, but the theory of the dark star could be the anwser.

If you look at the orbit of Pluto, is very irregular. Because of these irregularities Neptune and Pluto switch orbits. For about 20 years, from 1979 to 1999, Pluto was the 8th planet from the Sun. Now Pluto will be the ninth planet until the 23rd century.

Uranus is very odd. Unlike all the other planets and most of the moons in our Solar System Uranus spins on it's side. It is believed by scientists that a large object hit this planet, the crash was so powerful that it changed the direction of Uranus's spin. It is the only planet in our solar system that spins contrary to the rest of the planets, its orbit is also contrary to the rest of the solar system.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is a perfectly logical orbit if you consider the speed - at the sun's side, it will travelling fast, and on the other side, the pull from the sun is much weaker, so this would happen very, very slowly.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
That is a perfectly logical orbit if you consider the speed - at the sun's side, it will travelling fast, and on the other side, the pull from the sun is much weaker, so this would happen very, very slowly.

Yeah, that makes sense, shame I was too dumb to work that one out eh

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
uh, howbout Gravity?

btw, it's called "Sedna" now, not Nibiru or Marduk.

-deus ignotus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sedna is NOT Nibiru.

They are totaly different (thats if Nibiru actually exists).

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sedna is not big enough to cause the anomalies scientists have noted over the years.

I am not 100% certain that Nibiru as Sitchin explains it exists, but there is enough empirical data that suggests that there is a Big planetary object in the outskirts of our solar system that is causing such anomalies in the solar system.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Sedna is not big enough to cause the anomalies scientists have noted over the years.

Agreed.

Sedna isn't the cause of the anomalies of Neptune and Uranus scientists discovered in the past.

Sedna can be more a moon than an actual planet.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I believe part of the Sedna explanation given was that there was some larger object out there that caused the gravity well out past Pluto. There is no current explanation about what that object would be though.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
an eccentric orbit is caused by gravity, as Deus Ignotus said... all the planets have eccentric orbits, even earth. comets and basically anything else past neptune will have a highly eccentric orbit.

Most galaxies are binary, meaning they have two stars/suns. It is possible for galaxies to have a dormant sun, or a brown dwarf, and a regular star.

i believe you mean stars, not galaxies...

Now for some reason the solar system is heating up. The sun is acting very strange having cycles which are longer than we have ever seen. Mars is heating up so much that its polar caps are melting. Jupiter right now has developed a blueish color which scientists dont know what is causing this. All the planets and even our sun is reacting to something, in ways we have not seen before. We do not know for sure what is causing this, but the theory of the dark star could be the anwser.

i'll stick with the theory that we just don't know what's going on because we haven't studied the sun or solar system for very long... the sun is what, 4.6 billion years old? humanity has been studying the solar system scientifically for how long? only a couple hundred years... we just don't know enough yet to make any sort of assumption.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most galaxies are binary, meaning they have two stars/suns. It is possible for galaxies to have a dormant sun, or a brown dwarf, and a regular star.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i believe you mean stars, not galaxies...

-Actually i should have posted solar systems, not galaxies or stars....

Most solar systems are binary, or have two stars.

Ya, that's what happens when you post so early.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In a way i see your point, but I did say it is a possibility. i didn't say for sure. What we know for sure is that we better hope we don't get another x30 plus solar flare.

Taking a different route, researchers from the University of Otago used radio wave-based measurements of the x-rays' effects on the Earth's upper atmosphere to revise the flare's size from a merely huge X28 to a "whopping" X45, say researchers Neil Thomson, Craig Rodger, and Richard Dowden. X-class flares are major events that can trigger radio blackouts around the world and long-lasting radiation storms in the upper atmosphere that can damage or destroy satellites. The biggest previous solar flares on record were rated X20, on 2 April 2001 and 16 August 1989.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If Nibiru exists it won't be affecting the outer planets as it will at this time be between Earth and the sun. If the outer planets are being affected its not by Nibiru.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Sedna isn't the cause of the anomalies of Neptune and Uranus scientists discovered in the past.

What anomalies? Last time I read about those they found out they had made a mistake with the masses of the planet, corrected the equations and found there were no anomalies.

Planet X: No observational evidence in the optical observations: "It is shown that the alleged "unexplained anomalies in the orbit of Uranus" disappear when one properly accounts for the correct value of the mass of Neptune and properly adjusts the orbit of Uranus to the observational data."

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's from 1992, thats pretty much old news.

"On September 12, 1998 the distinguished British science magazine, "New Scientist" reported an amazing bit of news: NASA tracking of several outer solar system spacecraft -- the 2 Pioneers, together with the Ulysses and Galileo missions -- were all exhibiting "anomalous orbital behavior" ... indicating a greater solar gravitational attraction than current physics permits."

Excerpt taken from.
www.enterprisemission.com...

Now try in here for the official report.

xxx.lanl.gov...

I also remember that scientists had reported, i think it was after 1998 that seem to point out that it is possible a big object in the outskirts of the Solar system was causing such anomalies.

I will look into it and when I find the report i will post it.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have not found yet the website of CNN that had the story but found this one as i was searching from 2000 on the Sunday times in UK.

"Sun's hidden twin stalks planet Earth
Jonathan Leake, Science Editor

WHEN the end of the world comes, we'll know what to blame. Scientists have found compelling evidence that the Sun has a baby brother, a dark star whose eccentric orbit is responsible for periodically showering the Earth with comets and meteorites. The dark star - named Nemesis by astronomers - is thought to be a "brown dwarf" that spins round the Sun in an orbit so large it is measured in light years, the distance light travels in a year, equivalent to about 6,000 billion miles.

The research suggests that, every 26m years, the star's eccentric orbit brings it within one light year of the solar system. There it causes havoc in the Oort Cloud, a huge region surrounding the solar system that contains billions of bits of cosmic rubble left over from the formation of planets.

Of the millions of rocks it throws out of orbit at each visit, some hurtle Earthwards - and have several times nearly wiped out life on Earth.

Astronomers have long wondered if the Sun has a smaller partner."

Excerpt taken from
www.planetdeb.net...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Found more evidence on the theory of Nibiru. At least a very high possibility that there are other planets out there at the edge of our solar system.

"Does solar system have far-out planets?
Sedna's existence could hint at worlds on the edge

Our corner of the galaxy got a little stranger this week with the discovery of Sedna, the most distant object ever spotted in the solar system. Now astronomers are puzzling over how it got there.

The most intriguing idea is that there might be another world as big as Earth, a gravitational bully lurking in some unexplored corner of the solar system.

Here's the problem: Scientists can't figure out how Sedna, which is about three-fourths as big as Pluto, came to have such a strange orbit around the sun. Sedna's path is highly elliptic. It ranges from 76 astronomical units, or AU, when it is closest to the sun to 1,000 AU when it is farthest. One AU is the distance from Earth to the sun, about 93 million miles or 150 million kilometers."

msnbc.msn.com...

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Muaddib]

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Muaddib]

<<   2 >>

join