It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Damn Satellite Anomalies DEBUNKED!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Op - thank god. I was just trying to ignore all the threads about google earth space ships etc hoping they'd go away... apparently they didn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wouldn't a huge 2000 mile space ship knock out some satellites while descending in to earth??

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I am soooooooo dissapointed. You have not used one Youtube video as proof. How am I to believe you. Your links are all from reliable, credible, intelligent sources that I have to read, comprehend and learn from. That is just a no-no.
I tried to star you post twice but could'nt do it, I went to Google Earth to find out why but I got lost looking at clouds that resemble Elvis over Memphis.

S&F it people, this is how you present a thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

I am soooooooo dissapointed. You have not used one Youtube video as proof. How am I to believe you. Your links are all from reliable, credible, intelligent sources that I have to read, comprehend and learn from. That is just a no-no.

Yep! And Oz goes and spoils all the fun!!
Damn!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Boo! I was having fun using the UFO paranoia to get all my clients to buy extra life insurance and BOOM you go and own my plan before i even got it rolling.

Damn you for being knowledgable and good at research. One day i hope you find something you didnt want to know, and may it be the curse of being a gifted mind.

Just kidding
(about the life insurance too, don't sue me State Farm!) thanks for the info, i read the original post last week and with the 14th prediction and satellite issues i was thinking something may really be happening.

Flags for you good freind!

-Docere Veritas

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

It looks like a doppler error (doppler ultrasound)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Starred and flagged. Another win for research and good old common sense.

Seriously people, if you found yourself buying into this bunk maybe it's time to get some counseling.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I can buy the missing data theory on some of these images of earth. There are however a few images that were caught by Sattelite photos that do cause my eyebrow to go up. Here's a pic from 35000 ft. that looks alot like some of the images from Sats. Any opinions?
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Thanks,

The Undertaker

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You've supplied some good and accurate information that does debunk many if not most of the reported anomalies, especially those of Google Earth.

Here is another link to types of orbits to help support you;
marine.rutgers.edu...

Please note that Geosynchronous and Geostationary orbits are basically the same thing.

Also note that public GPS systems use the Near Polar Orbit satellites which basically have at least three satellites in the sky above you at virtually any position on earth and do show up quite brightly in the infrared spectrum as they are essentially beacons.

All that being said, we cannot say with any realistic or absolute certainty that this information debunks all reported anomalies, as there are always exceptions.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Thank you OzWeatherman,

Your timing is impeccable. I had worried that the GFL believers would be using these anomalies as proof of their Oct. 14 "lightship" sighting.

This is a most thorough presentation you have laid out for us. It is sort of a preemptive debunking of what I think will be put forth as "proof" of Blossoms Goldmother's predictions - or proof that google Earth is implicit in "the coverup"

Yours was a most worthwhile endeavor, which has yet to bear all it's fruits.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Radar images on Google Earth are provided by weather.com and Weather Services International (WSI) via a product known as NOWrad. NOWrad provides a composite of 141 separate Doppler radars maintained by the U.S. National Weather Service and military. The NOWrad composite or mosaic is updated every 5-6 minutes and undergoes heavy quality-control by both specialized computer software algorithms and by human meteorologists.

When the meteorologists' intervention is completed, the final forecast is transmitted or published simultaneously to all of The Weather Channel platforms and partners.

Can someone tell me WHY google earth weather is inacurate? It uses data from the National weather service and the military. It uses the same geostationary satellites as the Marine Meteorology Division.

MMD Website

[edit on 13-10-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
OP,

You said yourself that the polar orbiting satellites are experiencing problems.

You also mentioned that...

"Sometimes transmissions of data from satellites are affected by cosmic rays, meaning that the they are not received by the receiver, meaning data is lost, leaving gaps in the mosaic of images therefore leaving unusual shapes on google earth."

Doesn't this suggest that something MAY be going on up there?

For the record, I do not think there are alien spaceships hanging out around our poles. But I would like to know why these shapes are appearing on the radar. I find it strange that these "shapes" showed up on the north pole exactly when the Russians announced war games in the same area.

Could this cause the shapes?
Space Weather

AURORA WATCH: A solar wind stream is buffeting Earth's magnetic field and causing intermittant geomagnetic storms. Sky watchers around the Arctic Circle should be alert for Northern Lights

[edit on 13-10-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Finally, thank you for taking the time to fully research it and post this very informative thread. In a couple of my posts I was saying interruption in data streams, but the people who want October 14th to happen so badly just didn't listen to reason.

Good thread man!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is currently sun spots effecting satellites across the globe. This could also possibly cause your google map issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

But seriously, all it takes is a littl research and people will actaully learn something, but seeing as nobody seems to have done that, I thought it would e easier to bring the information to them

It won't work you know... You can attach the info to a baseball bat, swing hard and embed it deep... and they still won't get it

But nice try...

Its funny though... Essan is a retired disinfo agent turned weatherman... and here you are working in the opposite direction

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Please switch on Google Earth !

Hello,

sorry, im new here,

please switch on google earth and have a look above New Zealand ... theres a HUGE zig-zag going contrail or whatever ... please, this is no joke. Im not saying its a spaceship, but maybe some people here know more about GE and can explain what it is, never seen thait before !

Sorry ... it went away with the last update ... im sorry for wasting your time. look all normal now
but i swear it was there. I have a screenshot ... is there a way to get this screenshot here ?

I agree with the starter of this thread by the way ... the google earth anomalie has nothing to do with space-ships.

Admin may delete this post ... not useful since the trail cant be seen anymore

[edit on 13-10-2008 by frencenstein]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Starred and flagged OZ..
Whatever new event pops up links popup to send us right there..
That last gap should have been enough to cause massive changes in weather .Fortunately I did not click, but another poster posted a pic, where it resembled a graduation cap..

I guess maybe Earth was graduating into the Federation of Planets.
All I can say is Thanx for that info, it really elevates us all.

Now where is Earths Prom at?

@Zorgon..I have grey hairs to prove that too ..so true.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks Oz

I was getting a bit tired of those threads, I am glad you are here doing the dirty work and tell how it really is.

You're expertise is appreciated

S&F

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

To me it looks like a weather balloon. (yeah I know, its a lame excuse in the world of UFOs, but that is what it looks like.) You can see the balloon and the instrument package just below it.
Whattya think?

By the way, Oz, well done on the thread. If only there were more like you out there that can shed a common sense approach to these things. Star and flagged!

[edit on 10/13/2008 by GenRadek]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Finally someone lays it out!
Thank you for taking the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join