It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus and the coming Comets!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Very soon we will see how accurate these quatrains are...

C10: Q67
A very mighty trembling in the month of May,
Saturn in Capricorn, Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus:
Venus also, Cancer, Mars in Virgo,
Hail will fall larger than an egg.

C9, Q83
The Sun in 20 degrees Taurus (May 1-10th)
There will be a great earthquake; the great theater full up
will be ruined. Darkness and trouble in the air, on the sky and land,
When the infidel calls upon God and the Saints.

C1: Q80
From the sixth bright celestial light
it will come to thunder very strongly in Burgundy.
Then a monster will be born of a very hideous beast:
In March, April, May and June great wounding and worrying.

C2 Q46
After great human misery a greater approaches,
The great motor of the centuries renewed
Shortly after 2000)
Rain, blood, milk, famine, weapon, and pestilence,
In the sky fire seen, dragging long sparks.

II/41: The Pope Flees

The great star will burn for seven days; the swarm will cause two suns to appear. The big mastiff will howl all night when the great pontiff will change country.

La grande �toile par sept jours br�lera,
Nu�e fera deux soleils apparoir:
Le gros m�tin toute nuit hurlera
Quand grand pontife changera de terroir.

The comet of Nostradamus ("great star") will light up the skies for a week before it strikes Earth. To avoid the approaching calamity, the pope will flee the Vatican. Concern for the pope's safety would be well justified because a straight line drawn from southern France, where the comet's effects are first noted (Quatrain I-46, page 3), to the Aegean, goes right over Rome. Equally striking is the Seer's use of the word "swarm," because that is just what a comet is: a swarm of matter. As it nears the Earth, the comet will be comparable in brightness to the sun. The "big mastiff" could have some abstract meaning, but it might also be straightforward, i.e., this pope will own a large pet guard dog.

follow the coordinates from the quatrains on the map above.... It gets more interesting, doesnt it? ]

VI/6 Eretria - Greece - 38.2N 23.6E
VI/6 Boeotia - Greece - 38.5N 23.5E
VI/6 Siena - Tuscany Italy - 43.0N 11.3E
VI/6 Susa - Italy/France Border - 45.0N 7.0E

There will appear towards the seven stars of Ursa major and Polaris,
Not far from Cancer, the bearded star:
Susa, Siena, Boetica, Eretria,
Great Rome will die, the night having vanished.

I/46 Auch, Lectoure, Mirande - 43.5N 0.5E

Future Quatrain I-46: The Comet Over France

Very near Auch, Lectoure, and Mirande great fire will fall from the sky for three nights. A most stupendous and astonishing event will occur. Very soon afterwards the earth will tremble.

Tout aupres d'Aux, de Lectore et Mirande
Grand feu de ciel en trois nuits tombera:
Cause aviendra bien stupende et mirande:
Bien peu apr�s la terre tremblera.

Here the Seer advises of the approach of a great comet. It will pass low over southern France, raining debris on the Earth below for three nights. But the nucleus of the comet is headed for the Aegean area after flashing directly over Rome (as seen in later quatrains). Though the comet's coma will inflict damage on France, much worse is to befall the Greeks. The trembling of the earth obviously refers to the impact of the comet's head, which will be the energy equivalent to hundreds or thousands of nuclear bombs.

V/98 Bearn, Bigorre - 43.5N 0.5E
Future Quatrain V-98: First Effects

At the forty-eighth climacteric degree, at the end of Cancer, very great dryness: Fish in the sea, river and lake cooked hectic. Bearn, Bigorre in danger through fire from the sky.

A quarente-huit degr� climacterique,
A fin de Cancer si grande secheresse:
Poisson en mer, fleuv, lac cuit hectique,
Bearn, Bigorre par feu ciel en detresse.

At first this verse seems mildly at variance with others specifying that Nostradamus' comet approaches circa the forty-fifth parallel (south France) and strikes during Leo, the sign following Cancer. But it is clear from the trajectory of the comet that it does not hit Earth directly, but is captured by its gravity, circling our planet before impact. On its first pass, around July 22, the white hot comet grazes and scorches the Earth at latitude 48 degrees north. Since a coastal area (mer) is indicated, one of only four areas would be involved: Newfoundland, Brittany, Sakhalin, or western Washington State. On its final approach, the comet damages the south of France (which event is calculated in advance by astronomers).

II/3 Rhodes, Aegean, Euboea

Future Quatrain II-3: Impact in the Aegean

Because of the solar heat on the sea of Euboea the fishes half cooked. The inhabitants will come to cut them when Rhodes and Genoa will fail them the biscuit.

Pour la chaleur solaire sus la mer
De Negrepont les poissons demi cuits:
Les habitants les viendront entamer
Quand Rhod. et Gennes leur faudra le biscuit.

The solar heat is often interpreted as a nuclear blast but the inhabitants would hardly eat radioactive fish. The only other feasible source for this extreme heat would be a comet or meteor striking off the shores of the Greek island of Euboea.2 Various quatrains point to a comet. Damage from shockwaves, tidal waves, and debris would, of course, be horrendous. The Euboeans evidently have to eat the fish when disaster relief expected from Rhodes and Genoa fails to arrive on time

VI/97 - Naples

At forty-five degrees the sky will burn. Fire to approach the great new city: In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up, when one will want to get evidence from the Normans.

Cinq et quarante degr�s ciel brulera,
Feu approcher de la grande cit� neuve:
Instant grande flamme eparse sautera,
Quand on voudra des Normans faire preuve.

Like a number of other verses, this one recounts the passage of Nostradamus' comet over southern France at about 45 degrees north. In the quatrains, the new city is usually Naples, originally Neapolis (literally, "new city"), located close to the comet's path. It is not clear whether Naples is badly damaged. The great leaping flame is simply the explosion of the comet on impact or just before impact as in the 1908 Siberian comet blast. The last line is obscure from our present vantage, but it may be that French (Norman) astronomers will be the first to calculate where the comet will strike. A Greek president would want their data turned over to his scientists, posthaste.

VIII/2: A Chronological Marker

Condom and Auch and around Mirande, I see fire from the sky encompassing them. Sun and Mars conjoined in Leo, then lightning at Marmande: great hail, wall falls into the Garonne.

Condon et Aux et autour de Mirande,
Je vois du ciel feu qui les environne:
So Mars conjoint au Lion, puis Marmande
Foudre, grande grele, mur tombe dans Garonne.

The quatrain reiterates that the comet's coma will envelop towns in southern France but adds a key astrological parameter. The sun and Mars conjoin in Leo in August of the years 2000, 2002, and 2004, all close enough to the dawn of the new millennium (2001) to fit the parameter of Quatrain II-46. (The conjunction does not occur again until 2015.) Of these three possible years, Future Quatrain III-3, below, clearly isolates the one that marks the comet's arrival.

Here, the hail falling in August points to severe climatic disruptions fostered by the comet, including heavy rains that flood the Garonne, collapsing a wall at Marmande.

III/3: An Arrow to 2004

Mars and Mercury, and the silver (moon) joined together, towards the midi (south France) extreme dryness. In the bed of Asia one will say the earth trembles; Corinth, and Ephesus then in perplexity.

Mars et Mercure, et l'argent joint ensemble,
Vers le midi extreme siccit�:
Au fond d'Asie on dira terre tremble,
Corinthe, Ephese lors en perplexit�.

As already seen, the comet of Nostradamus strikes home in the Aegean between Corinth and Ephesus. The dryness refers to the heat effect of the comet as it passes over southern France. The trembling of the earth hints at more than just the explosion of the comet; its impact evidently triggers an earthquake, likely in quake-prone Turkey. Most significant though, the astronomical alignment in this verse occurs in only one of the three years prescribed by Future Quatrain VIII-2, page 12-about August 19, 2004. This then is the designated year of the cataclysm

VIII/16: Tidal Wave! - (Euboea Again)

At the place where Jason had his ship built, there will be a flood so great and so sudden that one will have no place or fall upon. The waves to mount Olympian "Fesula."

Au lieu que HIESON fait sa nef fabriquer,
Si grand d�luge sera et si subite,
Qu'on n'aura lieu ni terre s'attaquer,
L'onde monter Fesulan Olympique.

The Greek legendary hero, Jason, had his ship built just north of the island of Euboea at Iolcus on the Gulf of V�los, the very area where Nostradamus says the millennial comet will impact. So the verse is forecasting that a colossal tidal wave will be generated by the comet's explosion, flooding the nearby plain. Fesulan is evidently modern-day Farsala, which is a full twenty miles inland from the gulf, so the magnitude of the destructive wave will be far greater than any in recorded history. The verse leaves little question that this comet will be many times the size of the one that hit Siberia in 1908.

II/41: The Pope Flees

The great star will burn for seven days; the swarm will cause two suns to appear. The big mastiff will howl all night when the great pontiff will change country.

La grande �toile par sept jours br�lera,
Nu�e fera deux soleils apparoir:
Le gros m�tin toute nuit hurlera
Quand grand pontife changera de terroir.

The comet of Nostradamus ("great star") will light up the skies for a week before it strikes Earth. To avoid the approaching calamity, the pope will flee the Vatican. Concern for the pope's safety would be well justified because a straight line drawn from southern France, where the comet's effects are first noted (Quatrain I-46, page 3), to the Aegean, goes right over Rome. Equally striking is the Seer's use of the word "swarm," because that is just what a comet is: a swarm of matter. As it nears the Earth, the comet will be comparable in brightness to the sun. The "big mastiff" could have some abstract meaning, but it might also be straightforward, i.e., this pope will own a large pet guard dog.

Much of this material from: The Comet of Nostradamus

www.fulldisklosure.org...

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
that's very interesting, but can you tell me why they feel that Nostradamus was speaking of the year 2004? couldn't these signs have happened before and might happen again? just trying to figure out how they came up with the conclusion that they did.

btw the link at the bottom of your post...doesn't work!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No don't worry the link works. I get the impression we won't be seing these comets right?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Its always a possability i agree on that but he could of been guessing. Is there any proof to what date this is supposed to occur.

Only Time will tell
(what is time if you have a time machine)

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok. we are supposed to tell the date by where the stars and planets are located at the time.

Oh...OK.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
C10: Q67
A very mighty trembling in the month of May,
Saturn in Capricorn, Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus:
Venus also, Cancer, Mars in Virgo,
Hail will fall larger than an egg.

except saturn will be in gemini, jupiter in leo, mercury in pisces, and venus and mars in taurus...

C9, Q83
The Sun in 20 degrees Taurus (May 1-10th)
There will be a great earthquake; the great theater full up
will be ruined. Darkness and trouble in the air, on the sky and land,
When the infidel calls upon God and the Saints.

that one actually checks out, as far as the sun entering taurus... when are the olympics?

C1: Q80
From the sixth bright celestial light
it will come to thunder very strongly in Burgundy.
Then a monster will be born of a very hideous beast:
In March, April, May and June great wounding and worrying.

well, the sixth brightest star is capella. but if we throw venus into the mix, then vega would be the sixth bightest star.

interesting theory about the comets though. despite the fact that neither comet will be approaching near enough to even enter an orbit around the earth. and as for the pope changing countries? meh, it's happened before. i don't doubt it'll happen again.

EDIT: some spelling and whatnot...

[Edited on 3/25/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I found this i dont know if its relivent

astro.umsystem.edu...

Its saying they have actualy discovered a comet and that it will "pass" around late may

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank god we have someone like you who knows the stars. You are emencly helpfull in this area!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I got this from another board but I think it relates to this thread. The arival date is around June 19th or 20th of this year.

For the Truly Paranoid:

Want to be paranoid about something akin to Planet X showing up before November? Here's a snip which I received by email yesterday - a bit aged, but interesting nevertheless:

A member of our ham radio club intercepted this transmission and shared it with a few of us. He made a digital recording of it. The transmissions took place on 1-26-04 staring at 0:5:00 UTC. The frequency was 11.176 mhz, USB.

The conversation is between SNOWBALL NET and another station. We assume SNOWBALL is the network operator.

Here is a transcript:

SNOWBALL NET: Snowball Net comms check. All stations, clock sync, (pause) impact at minus 146 days, 5 hours UTC. Standby for ACC link (could have been ACD).

Burst of digital data�

Burrow: SNOWBALL This is BURROW (could be Burro as in donkey). You are not secure�repeat not secure�go green�go green�

Bursts of white noise follow for approximately 3 minutes.

Copies of this have been posted on several ham boards and have been sent to Popular Communications Magazine.

OK, so that by itself is curious, although the author may have been hoaxing (or breaking provisions of the Communications Act of 1933 rules about unauthorized disclosure of third-party traffic, but we'll assuming hoaxing, right? But now add a second data point to this, the odd story of British military cavers being trapped in Mexico reported at news.lycos.com...&storyId=840084

This British military in Mexico caves story has us wondering what the military guys are doing in caves? And who packs in that much provisions that 5-days under is no big deal? And what are those "military notebooks" they are shredding? Say what?

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Thank god we have someone like you who knows the stars. You are emencly helpfull in this area!!!

haha, your welcome. i really don't know all that much. i'm sure people like Kano and Cascadago (spelling there?) know much more than i do.

and that communication is interesting... as well as the british troops incident. that link you provided didn't work for me though. it could all be hoaxes though. who knows? we'll find out by the end of the year, i guess.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We do know that if one of the comets coming this year looked like it might make a close call our government has vowed to keep it a secret as long as possible to keep society in order.

I need to buy myself a copy of Nostradamus's writings and make my own specualtion.

TPL

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Lets assume it will hit, or bombard us with debris, how could i prepare?

(I live in northern England by the way)

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
didn't nostradamus also predict that this comet impact coincides with/ or is a precursor to WW3?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sorry, double post

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
I have a problem with Nostradamus's quatrians.

Yes, I know he was a early century profit. I know he was also trying to hide his prediction in quatrain to discize them as writings and not "predictions". I know also that he was a early century man discribing futuristic events and such so that would explain the way in which he discribes things, but. I belive these quatrain are hugely too general.

Take this quote; "At forty-five degrees (the angle in which the first plane struck the first tower) the sky will burn. Fire to approach the great new city(New York): In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up(the vivid shot on t.v. when the plane hit and the mushroom when up into the air), when one will want to get evidence from the Normans(The USA supposidly first contacted the french to see if they had any intellegence. Ive also heard the norman being described as the euro's in general )."

Ive seen this quote discribed from one of the leading Nostradomas researchers (The one Hippy/Rabbi looking guy on T.V.) as being the World Trade Center accident.

I really want to belive that Nostradomas created these books as his true predictions. But the way in which they were wrote just makes it IMPOSSIBLE to EVER know what he was talking about or if he was just a brilliant writer that had a idea that would carry his name through time.

Ive done a fair amout of research on this topic and would really love for more discustion on this topic because I belive this is the only way that everyone can combine the huge amount of translations out there.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Nostradamus isn't the only one who has prophecied such a comet ...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Nostradamus isn't the only one who has prophecied such a comet ...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Pisky, that's an interesting read...I think it should be moved to ATS where it will get more attention, as it has to do with much that is posted..

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I put it in BTS because it's not a religious conspiracy. Maybe I should have put it in predictions or something like that. I don't know how to switch it over though.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Lets assume it will hit, or bombard us with debris, how could i prepare?

(I live in northern England by the way)

most meteors are fragments from passing comets and asteroids... examples are:
Perseids (Aug. 10-13) from comet Swift/Tuttle
Leonids (Nov. 16-17) from comet Temple-Tuttle
Geminids (Dec. 10-15) from asteroid 3200 Phatheon

debris would all burn up, so don't worry.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Anyone else find it odd that the biggest cocern in all of this, is the safety of the Pope?

That's proof enough for me that this is all BS, from the worst predictor in history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join