It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian tanks advance to Lebanese Beqaa Valley border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

You don't see Iran as being part of this equation? It seems like everyone in the Middle East would be happy to assist in attacking Israel.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well Syria got to have something up their sleeve. Syria would for sure know the military power off Israel compared to their own. This might be a move to prevent Israel from attacking Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I doubt it somehow, as Iran knows an attack on Israel is tantamount to an attack on the USA.

I think this is a radically different situation to the 6 day war or yom kippur wars of the 70s. This time Egypt and Jordan are more accepted internationally, and I dont think they would throw that away.

At the most it would be Syria and Lebanon, or more unlikely but possible would be a three way slugfest between Israel, Syria and Lebanon though this would most likely take the form of limited warfare and land grabbing only in and around the Golan Heights.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
DEBKA should placed in the same file as sorcha faal for reliability

lets make up more crap and post it as news

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Aaron Donahue, a remote viewer, made a statement on the 6th which I feel might be related to this. He says he sees a conflict about to start any day regarding Lebanon, Syria, Israel, and Iran. This is a quote from Aaron:

"An incident at sea approaches and this shall be a sign of great danger, failure, and world despair."

With all of the war games going on with Russia, as well as the Iranian ship which was hijacked and its crew mysteriously died days later might have something to do with this. I'm not sure, but I know Aaron doesn't post something unless he is more than 90% sure its noteworthy. I started another thread with quite a few of his more recent visions. I think he's worth looking into because he doesn't beat around the bush with "predictions", he is pretty darn direct and specific about what will happen, unless he doesn't understand the vision fully, in which case he gives his best hypothesis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
My uneducated guess - it is just pressure,for now at least. Syria wants Golan heights, Syrian army shows its active, Russian ships are in Syrian ports and it is Yom Kippur. So Syria shows that if diplomatic way fails they are ready for what Clausewitz wrote.
But it is a pose so far. US is not very fond of Assad, they even tried to discourage current Israeli-Syrian peace talks. And so it will be suicidal for Damascus leaders to strike at Lebanon, not to mention Israel. There are US forces on the border, US air force in striking distance. Even as a deterrent and a potential threat it is too much for Syrian army.
There is another,happier, option of course - they know something about date of Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities and will follow their agreement with Iran. "Nice" regional war. Lot of dead, all other the Middle East. I hope you will be understanding as i will concentrate on the first option as the future scenario. To think of anything else, and on Judgment Day....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Look, I'm going to go against the grain here and throw this out there for everyone to do whatever they please, but would the middle-east be worse off without Israel?
Most of my friends are Jewish and my wife is "Jew-ish" so religion aside, it seems to me that a LOT of the problems in the region stem from Israel.

If Iran and Syria attacked I can't really say which way the war would go, except that in my eyes it seems to be win-win, just as long as the US didn't get involved. (which I'm sure we would)

Agree? Disagree?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

Well , since i happen to live in one of those countries you mentioned, for me it is rather loose-loose situation.
And as for Israel's disappearance - it has just as much sense as claiming that Europe will be better without Britain , France , Germany or Spain. Or Middle East better without Iraq, Syria...
A lot of countries were involved in a lot of wars. There were wars in Middle East without Israeli involvement, or even before 1948. Of course establishment of Israel was a catalyst for a lot of wars and it did not contribute to stability in the area , to say the least. But it exists. You think that somehow "removing" it will make this region heaven on Earth? I understand the logic since i met the opposing "dreamers" - how good it will be if Israeli neighbors were different and such. But this is the situation. Cats and dogs as neighbors. Somehow making one of those vanish without wars, genocide and mass killings is not possible, and i am not talking about moral values of such an act. Or the fact that it will acomplish very little. Wars between Syrian and Israel will transform into wars between Syria and Egypt. Both of them will fight with Jordan. And all will be hostile to Shiite Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Israel doesn't need the USA's military support.

Course israel needs the US,rag tags like hezbollah managed to batter the crap outa israel than how can you expect israel to annihilate Iran,syria and lebanon all in one go? And i would'nt expect Hamas and the likes to sit around either.

Israel will, in short, wipe the floor with anyone who messes with them. Not even a combined attack by Syria and Lebanon could match Israel's military.

Yes we have seen how they wiped the floor off Hezbollah,israel in short couldn't even stop their rockets hiting their cities.Fighting nations with long-range missiles and support from Russia is a totally different ball game.

The only game changer from left field would be Saudi Arabia intervening, which is unlikely because that would prompt the USA to neutralise the Saudi military (who have been supplied with advanced US weapons platforms).

Saudi doesn't need to do anything.Just abit of funding and (hi-tech) support for the suicidal maniacs will be enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

You are comparing the skirmish with Hezbolah to full blown warfare. Sure, Israel will probably never be able to stop guerilla fighters from launching rockets at them. They have plenty of firepower to take down another real army though. I think Iran would be interesting, but they have a huge technological edge on the rest of the Middle East.

In traditional warfare, Israel would have a pretty substantial advantage.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

I think you are yet another one of the folks who mistake restraint for weakness.

Israel has nuclear weapons and could easily just wipe Lebanon off the map if they wanted to.

Did you even see the complete and utter destruction of Lebanon in 2006 in response to the kidnap of 2 soldiers? Israel took a few hundred rocket hits, lost some civilians and 2 soldiers. Lebanon's entire infrastructure was obliterated... their roads, their bridges etc.

See for yourself what Israel was capable of even before they posessed nuclear weapons : en.wikipedia.org...

They are one country that doesnt like to be messed with!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Israel doesn't need the USA's military support.

Course israel needs the US,rag tags like hezbollah managed to batter the crap outa israel than how can you expect israel to annihilate Iran,syria and lebanon all in one go? And i would'nt expect Hamas and the likes to sit around either.

Israel will, in short, wipe the floor with anyone who messes with them. Not even a combined attack by Syria and Lebanon could match Israel's military.

Yes we have seen how they wiped the floor off Hezbollah,israel in short couldn't even stop their rockets hiting their cities.Fighting nations with long-range missiles and support from Russia is a totally different ball game.

This whole notion of gauging Israels military on the HEzbollah war is very innacurate and overlooking key factors. First of all, your talking of ISrael taking on States, not entities hiding in neighbourhoods like HEzbollah. Second of all please tell me how much damage did Hezbollah inflict on Israels military infrastructure? Next to none. Don't throw blind comments and Hezbollah sponsored rhetoric around when assessing Israels military. It is one of the strongest in the world, technologically, logistically and in terms of experience.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Combine this situation even if Russia just become invovled to supply arms and America supported Isreal what would china do after Americas arms deal with Taiwan

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Imho, Israel can win an armed conflict. And they can win against an insurrection, albeit with a lot of collateral damage. Which they're not afraid of inflicting anyway, they're not exactly concerned about public relations, knowing they got nuclear capability ànd the support of the USA.

It might become more difficult if they'd be facing both at the same time though.. war ànd a guerilla behind the lines, no ?

The thought of Saudi Arabia attacking Israel is too laughable to contemplate imho.

fund the attackers, sure. whip up the population and encouraging Saudi nationals to go fight independantly: sure.

But the Saudi's have been in bed with the US for so long now, if they overtly attack Israel their relationship with the US is gone, dead, buried.

Since the support of the US is what keeps the Saudi dictator.. err.. King in his position of power, I'd sooner expect them to lick the boots of the US and 'invite' the US to establish a bridgehead for support of Israel then anything else, really.

Except if somehow the Saudi leaders get overthrown by 'religious' fanatics offcourse.. then all bets are off in that respect.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Israel Defense Forces:

121 killed
(including 2 captured bodies)
628 wounded

Israeli civilians:
44 dead
1,489 wounded

further turkey is looking at suing israel for causing the worlds largest oil spill and directly damging the countrys fishing industry

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i remember hearing and reading that many experts believe Iraq's chemical and biological weapons were buried in the Beqaa valley prior to the war in Iraq. Maybe they will dig them up and unleash fury upon the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by t0ken

I think you are yet another one of the folks who mistake restraint for weakness.

No i am not the one lliving in koo-koo land and i have also seen israel's restraint.

They also identified IDF use of white phosphorus shells in Lebanon.And Israel's use of unreliable cluster bombs – both too close to civilians areas – suggesting that they may have deliberately targeted civilians.

Wiki

Israel has nuclear weapons and could easily just wipe Lebanon off the map if they wanted to.

You expect all the Arab nations,Russia and China to sit there while israel nukes anyone it feels like?
Utter nonsense!

Did you even see the complete and utter destruction of Lebanon in 2006 in response to the kidnap of 2 soldiers? Israel took a few hundred rocket hits, lost some civilians and 2 soldiers. Lebanon's entire infrastructure was obliterated... their roads, their bridges etc.

Again official figures of israeli's dead for trying to save 2 soldiers kidnapped and exterminating the threat of hezbollah.Both missions failed miserably with hezbollah grown more stronger.Israel eventually had to make a deal with hezbollah this year for the swap of 2 dead kidnapped soldiers for the release of a murderer who killed a whole israeli family.The myth of israeli merkava tanks as one of the world's deadliest tank was broken when hezbollah destroyed a coupla of them with Russian/Iranian supplied anti-tank rockets which meant that the $6.5Bil went to waste in research and development of this 'undefeatable tank'..

121 israeli soldiers dead and 628 wounded (including 2 captured bodies).Israeli civilians:44 dead and 1,489 wounded.

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Wiki

They are one country that doesnt like to be messed with!

They just got the blessed hand of US on their head that keeps saving them otherwise their illegal existance wouldn't last very long in ME.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Because they have Russian ships waiting for an Israeli response so they can launch whatever they have. If Israel responds to Russia, Russia and China will make sure there is no Israel. This is east vs west, not muslim vs jew.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by breakingdradles]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

I honestly thinking you're underestimating Israel. Remember the 1967 War? Israel destroyed not one or two, but three militaries in only six days. Syria, Jordan, and Egypt=Fail

Israel is like that kid who grew up in a tough neighborhood but lived because he was tougher.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
reply to post by YourForever

Because they have Russian ships waiting for an Israeli response so they can launch whatever they have. If Israel responds to Russia, Russia and China will make sure there is no Israel. This is east vs west, not muslim vs jew.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by breakingdradles]

Russia and China won't get overtly involved in a Syrian/Isreali war with Iran surveying as a proxy also. Neither will the US. Now if Iran were to take a more active role or Israel indeed nuked Iran first strike, then things would change.

China could care less about Israel itself. They just don't want anything to disrupt Iran's supply of oil and trade with them. Russia is in a similar position. China is also competing with Russia to exert their sphere of influence into the area.

As long as nothing disrupts business, none of the major players in the peanut gallery would do anything drastic. That's my opinion, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join