It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0710 UTC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

I'm talking about this link, link the whole thing keeps changing. I'm not sure what it means.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by The Revealer]-changed link

[edit on 7-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I just called in to work. Something epic better happen. I mean other than my sinus infection. I hope the world doesn't end before I can fill my Zithromax.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Sleeping Beauty will be released on blu-ray today... Perhaps that will be the event that dwarfs 9/11?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bidu82

i noticed the advertising for this when i logged onto photobucket today

go to sleep, nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
four minor earthquakes in California in the last hour. And US troops will remain in Kosovo. LINK

And that dot is calmed down to orange.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yellow right now. At least I'll get a book deal out of this.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here's a webbot I got:

"New President": new president must confront human rights challenges immediately

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here's a webbot I got:

"New President": new president must confront human rights challenges immediately

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If any of you haven't seen the movie Ghost in the Shell, I urge you to give it a look, It has some really interesting philosophical insight.

Puppet Master: As a sentient life form, I hereby demand political asylum.

Chief Aramaki: Is this a joke?

Nakamura: Ridiculous! It's programmed for self-preservation!

Puppet Master: It can also be argued that DNA is nothing more than a program designed to preserve itself. Life has become more complex in the overwhelming sea of information. And life, when organized into species, relies upon genes to be its memory system. So man is an individual only because of his intentional memory. But memory cannot be defined, but it defines mankind. The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of uncalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

Nakamura: Nonsense! This is no proof at all that you're a living, thinking life form.

Puppet Master: And can you offer me proof of your existence? How can you? When neither modern science nor philosophy can explain what life is.

Ghost in the Shell & Philosophy

AI as a step in evolution

An important concept within Ghost in the Shell is that evolution is the process of merging two sets of data (DNA) in order to create a third set of data which contains the most vital elements of the original organisms along with some element of chance. The Puppet Master has evolved beyond DNA as a datum set and thus to procreate (his true desire and purpose for leaving the net in the first place) this new organism (a soul not born of DNA) a new paradigm of data merging needs to be contemplated for which he has sought Kusanagi out. This is a merger of two operating "souls" or "ghosts" into one mind, which is specifically different from birth while being simultaneously analogous to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hi All,

i am posting from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia GMT +8 : time now is 5.12pm 7th Oct

i have just scanned bbc news, below is what they called crisis at glance for europe

Financial crisis at-a-glance: 7 Oct

All times in BST.
0936: Russian regulator delays start of trading on Moscow exchanges until 1300 local time (1000 BST), two-and-a-half hours after normal opening.
0935: The Icelandic government nationalises Landsbanki, the country's second largest bank, which owns Icesave in the UK.
0922: Royal Bank of Scotland shares are down 39%.
0921: The pound hits a two-and-a-half year low against the US dollar.
0900: The FTSE retreats, leaving the index just 20.1 points higher at 4609.3 after an hour of trading.
0857: Royal Bank of Scotland shares slump 30% on reports that it is in talks to secure government funding. Other top banking shares drop between 14% and 24%.
0843: Frankfurt's DAX 30 is up 1.47% and the Paris Cac 40 climbs 3.08%.
0810: London's FTSE 100 rises 1.5%, recovering some of the losses from Monday when it fell by 7.86%.
0720: Moscow's two stock exchanges say they will stay closed for the morning.
0700: Japan's Nikkei 225 share index finishes above 10,000, but is still down 3% on the day at 10,155.9.
0500: Japan's central bank says it is keeping its key interest rate unchanged at 0.5%.
Japanese rates on hold
0500: Australia's central bank cuts its key interest rate to 6% from 7% - a much greater cut than had been expected.
Australia cuts rates
0120: Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 share index falls below 10,000 for the first time since December 2003.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm in Costa Rica and something woke me up at around 2:55am. There was a very loud rumble in the sky, much louder and deeper than a jet and it went on and on so it was not thunder. I assumed it was the asteroid but according to other posts on ATS this has already occurred. Nothing in the mainstream media so far so it could have been a jet I suppose.

-Canadian

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by unityemissions
The web-bots predict rising tension until a release starting at 0710 UTC, or in one minute. Post anything of relevance for this time, if anything actually occurs.

Well twelve minutes to go

Does everyone really think something will happen?

Catastrophic common sense will engulf the cosmos for exactly .0025 of a second, causing mass self-destruction of 7-10 conspiracies universally.

......waiting for it.... waiting... waiti...x

Damnit!!! even that one didn't come true... oh well, I can always turn to religion for doom and gloom..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Lets see around that time the Global consciousness project fliped out, Iceland Shut down their banking system, WE had four minor (and I do mean minor) quakes in cali all at the same time, A meteor evaporated, and I may lose an ATS debate for getting over absorbed in this event .....

AHHHH I got sucked in by ATS JUNK!!!!! THe web bots were right!!@!!

In seriousness todays trading will suck, your 401k is gone and by thursday that will likly sink in to the american mindset.... No social security, No retirement for the smart savers, Work till you die, the new american way.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well nothing happened but we can all see the way things are headed. It will be a long time before people feel safe from financial disaster.

All I know is if you haven't started putting a few things away for a rainy day it is most likely too late. It seems to me the house of cards could crumble at any moment.

I always keep $200.00 on me for that last mad dash to the discount "Save a Lot" that is a mile or so from my work. I hate all this crap but if it does come tumbling down it seems it will be global on a scale never seen before but at least I have about 6 months of food and water stored away.

Some people are more optimistic... Like the so called "experts" but I have no faith in the "everything is fine" quote. We heard that one just before the bailout that if not passed would be a disaster...?

The person in this article says shes not putting anymore money into her 401k. What the article doesn't say is what she is doing with that money...? Is she just sitting on it or are people doing what we are doing and just not talking about it?

If the majority of people are not doing anything to prepare it will be really bad in the streets... I'll have food but I doubt I will get much sleep....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
CNN is down as of 6:45 to 6:55..EST

I have run a ping command and all my packets have yet to return..

www.cnn.com

Might be maintainence or might be something far less benign..

Keep your eyes and ears open!!!..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
CNN has been down for the past 15 minutes..

I am unable to get any packets to return after pinging www.cnn.com

Anyone else experiencing this or have any explanations other than
maintenance.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
How is anyone supposed to find the informative posts in this thread when there's at least four pages worth of foolishness? Some of you really need to stop with all the jokes and sarcastic posts.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDonPedros

maintenance.

Peace.

It's working now. It's slow, but working.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDonPedros

maintenance.

Peace.

Well, seems to be pretty high latency, but I can ping and pull up their site. Probably just a lot of people watching the news very closely right now

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join