It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always next year, right Cubs fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now, I say this in part because I am a White Sox fan (south side rules!), but the Cubs have blown it yet again.

So being the generous fellow that I am, I make this thread, so that you, the Cubs fans, the fans that were supposed to be cheering on their team in the World Series this year, can let out your frustration to myself and the rest of the ATS community.

Lets hear it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hahahahaha!!!!

I'm an Astros fan, and the Cubs getting swept is a beautiful sight.

Isn't karma a bitch? The classless loser fans show up in Milwaukee to pile on an Astros team who had just been affected by a hurricane, and here's the wonderful payback. A sweep.

I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Our respective teams choke equally, but at least mine does it with dignity. They don't pretend to be a good team.

It is even more warming to see that the Brewers got eliminated. Too bad Selig, your scam didn't work. Hope you enjoyed your four playoff games. That's all you'll get for a while.

[edit on 10/5/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wish I could mock them.
I however am a Mets fan
Living in a pool of embarrassment, disappointment, and shame.

Go Mets!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seriously, I don't believe that the cubs have a curse. All do respect to Chicago fans, the Cubs just flat-out sucked for 100 years. Now the Curse of the Bambino I believed in, and here's why:

* Whenever you trade-away talent, it always comes back to haunt you. Curses aren't made by saying "I put a curse on you"... it just doesn't happen that way. Fans don't make curses, organizations do.

* On the road to the World Series, we had to beat New York. What needed to be done is we needed to beat the team Ruth was traded to, the Yankees. If we can do that, then that completely lifts the curse because by doing so, we're proving that we can beat Ruth against his own team, and we can beat this curse.

* the numbers 1,6,8, and 9 are all tied in with this curse and here's why:

-Ruth was 18 and 19 when he won championships with the team in Boston. Last the sox won was 1918. They came close in 1986 only because the digits 8 and 6. It would eventually take this team 86 years to break the curse. 1986 was a sign that it will take 86 years, but it won't happen in 86'; close, but not quite right. Not only the digits, but the team was close to what we needed to win; beat New York. The only problem is, they weren't the Yankees. In 86' EVERYTHING WAS LINED-UP CORRECTLY, BUT THE DETAILS WERE OFF, and if the slightest thing is out of place, then it just won't work.

* The Red Sox were always a very good ball-club from the time they came together in 1903. To say that the Red Sox SUCK is incorrect. If they SUCKED how come they always made it as far as the World Series? However, this is where the curse kicks-in; something crazy and unimaginable always happened.

It's like this in all sports, not just baseball.

To be quite honest, I'm afraid we roused another curse: the curse of Manny.
Manny didn't do half the stuff the Babe did, and yet we traded him away. We won two championships with Ruth, just like we did with Manny. Two power-hitters ironically playing the same position (that is, after the Yanks took Ruth out of the rotation) and further-more, I can see the same thing happening. The Dodgers will win the W.S, and although Jason Bay is nice, I'd rather have Manny on my side.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's nice to know I'm not the only Cubs hater around.

Also nice to know I'm not the only Yankees hater around, as a Red Sox fan has posted.

And to the Mets fan, don't be too upset. I'd rather not make the playoffs than to be swept by the Dodgers when you have home-field.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I wish I could mock them.
I however am a Mets fan
Living in a pool of embarrassment, disappointment, and shame.

Oh, come on, have a little fun with it. I'm an Astros fan. I feel that same embarrassment, disappointment, and shame at times. Most other times it's just the misery of having an owner who only cares for the business aspect of owning a team.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
all cuns fan should just start supporting another team. they will neevr win.

go yankees

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Im a Brewers fan living in Wi.
And I can say from personal experience,that the Cubs fans that wonder up here from Illinois,are a bunch of pompas a$$holes.

They are ignorant,rude and obnoxious.
I went to a Brewers/Cubs game at Wrigley this year.
And I saw 2 entire rows shout down and cuss out a guy for cheering on the Brewers.
Its been what,100 years?
As far as im concerned they can wait another 100.
Cubs fans are amongst the worst in the entire league.

Brewers getting knocked out of the playoffs was bad,but at least they didnt meet the broom,like the Cubs.

Till next year,or the next 100.....

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well I cant wait til next year when theyre all saying "Wait til next year" again.

Haha.

Til then, and for now.. SOUTHSIDE RULES!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yet, you support the Packers........

Who even watches baseball? Most boring sport ever.

top topics

join