It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diet coke can kill sperms!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Having diet coke could cause divorce: Diet coke can kill sperms!

in.news.yahoo.com

London, Oct 3 (ANI): Studies that suggested sodas such as Coke and Pepsi kill sperms and exotic lap dancers make more money when they are at peak fertility have been awarded the 2008 Ig Nobel prize.

In 1980s, when researcher Deborah Anderson of Harvard Medical School's birth- control laboratory discovered that "Coca Cola douches" were being used as a type of contraception at the all-girl Catholic boarding school she had attended in Puerto Rico, she decided to test it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-10-2008 by desire_of_truth]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So guys having diet coke could cause divorce in your personal life.So think before you having diet coke next time.

I think we should prefer natural drinks then having sip of diet coke and disappoint your life partner/gf

How coke & Pepsi react to it only coming days will tell us,but please think twice before having it

in.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I thought the plural of sperm was...sperm not sperms

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
How in the world would low sperm count lead to a divorce? Some people have things cut, just to avoid certain situation.

Really, it's great soda can lower spermcount, but this has nothing to do with divorce. If nothing else, get fixed and/or drink MORE of the stuff.

I don't see anything sensational or bad here, at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
How in the world would low sperm count lead to a divorce? Some people have things cut, just to avoid certain situation.

Really, it's great soda can lower spermcount, but this has nothing to do with divorce. If nothing else, get fixed and/or drink MORE of the stuff.

I don't see anything sensational or bad here, at all.

But in the article it doesn't say that at all, is says that diet Coke kills sperm more than Coke...when in direct contact, it says nothing about drinking it or divorce for that matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'd be much more worried about the Aspertame in Diet Coke/Pepsi than your sperm count . . . sterile or slowly dying due to poisons?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There are SO many reasons other than low sperm count to avoid diet sodas.... and it's a strech to say that causes divorce, if anything, I think the stress that comes with having children is responsible for a lot more divorces than not having children.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

But in the article it doesn't say that at all, is says that diet Coke kills sperm more than Coke...when in direct contact, it says nothing about drinking it or divorce for that matter.

Ok so what this article is saying, is nothing about COKE. And nothing about DRINKING Diet Coke. But, the existence of the stuff causes divorce, but doesn't directly link Diet Coke's existence to divorce?

Thank you for clarifying.

new topics

top topics

join