It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field Trip Students Fall Ill...Twice in one week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Field Trip Students Fall Ill...Twice in one week

visz.rsoe.hu

Sick students wait for treatment Friday after they fell ill while en route to a Civil War re-enactment in Corryton. The children from West Valley Middle School complained of nausea, vomiting and blurred vision, said Bill Kear, a spokesman for Rural/Metro. Knox County Health Department officials said they haven't ruled out any possible causes yet of a mysterious outbreak that sent 40 students from West Valley Middle School to three area hospitals Friday after they fell ill during a field trip to
The mass illness appeared similar to an outbreak Tuesday among some 38 fifth-graders, as well as six adult supervisors, from Hardin Valley Elementary School who became sick during a multiday field trip to Camp Wesley Woods in Townsend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just realized that you have to click on "Event Description" on the page to get the entire story. Sorry

[edit on 5-10-2008 by shakadolphin]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hello All, I've been around for quite awhile but have never posted an article before. I hope this is in the right place. If not, go ahead and move it to where it should be.
I just find it strange that in two different schools, same week, both on field trips and there were so many students falling ill.
Just wanted to bring this to light and get your comments on the situation. You all here always have such interesting insight.
BTW, the link below is a site I watch to see what's going on in the world. Has always been very informational and correct.

visz.rsoe.hu

[edit on 5-10-2008 by shakadolphin]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oak Ridge is near Knoxville, is it not? That place is scary. I heard not too long ago that it became the nation's nuclear waste incinerator. I also heard gossip about the place, being from Tennessee myself. One legend has it that a guy got lost in the area, drove into a place he wasn't supposed to, and had people drive up and buy his car on the spot.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shakadolphin

That is very strange! Whatever the cause is, it seems to have a very short incubation time, so I'd lean towards some sort of toxin rather than a microorganism... perhaps a heavy-metal of some sort?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The link you posted was taking foreeeeeevvveeerrr to load so I didn't read it. Were both places wooded areas? If so, what could that mean?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Wow...I have never had trouble accessing that site. Since I saw your response and tried it, I can't get it to load. Hope it's just a very temporary problem. I'll keep trying.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The link seems to be back up now.
They've just added an outbreak at USC. 78 Students sick there

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fomalhaut

Looks to me like both of those schools are in Knoxville. One is a Middle School and one an Elementary School.

join