It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says Bush Should Veto Bailout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, I know, while he voted FOR the bill, he suggested Bush should veto it...

Where does he really stand on it? Check out McCain's opinions on this. I say "opinionS" because he has 2 opposite opinions, apparently.

McCain Flip-flops on Bailout Bill

At just about 2 minutes on the following video, is an edited clip of one McCain interview where he flips, then flops several times on the bailout bill...

Cluster**** to the Poor House

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Typical of McCain..to bounce back and forth to support his cause when needed.

It isnt the first time he has done that btw.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Every politician in your country seem to flip flop, but the two people running to be president this time, seem to be throwing out confusing signals.

Just made me laugh about bush just saying that the bailout will take time to hit our economy. He also said that about your $600 checks they sent out.

I doubt they know anything of how it will effect the economy.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's the entire video (edited version is in first post) of John McCain's Video on the Morning Joe, where he takes so many different views:

Video

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow. I've never been to Olbermanns site before, but one quick look at its easy to see his bias. I knew there was good reason behind his removal from debates and anchor duties, but geeze.

He's got ads for Aunt Sarah's Moose Stew, he brags about donating money every time Palin tells a lie. I wonder if he is on some sort of personal vendetta to destroy Sarah Palin?

Maybe McCain finally got wise to the fact that almost all of America is against this bail out. I think Bush should veto it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Too late Bush already signed the bill

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Every politician in your country seem to flip flop, but the two people running to be president this time, seem to be throwing out confusing signals.

Just made me laugh about bush just saying that the bailout will take time to hit our economy. He also said that about your $600 checks they sent out.

I doubt they know anything of how it will effect the economy.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by andy1033]

Those 600 dollar checks didnt have any real effect on the economy since those checks barely were able to put food on the table for a family of four over a two week period much less allow people to go out and spend it on extras to boost the economy. Chances are extremely in favor that those economic incentive checks were used to pay off overdue bill balances and got absorbed so fast that there was nothing left to go buy something that would make a real difference.

Its just more lies, misdirection and outright criminal acts being done right before us and in real time.

Dont you all just love the system?!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Wow. I've never been to Olbermanns site before, but one quick look at its easy to see his bias. I knew there was good reason behind his removal from debates and anchor duties, but geeze.

He's got ads for Aunt Sarah's Moose Stew, he brags about donating money every time Palin tells a lie. I wonder if he is on some sort of personal vendetta to destroy Sarah Palin?

Maybe McCain finally got wise to the fact that almost all of America is against this bail out. I think Bush should veto it.

so when its mccain flip flopping on a bill.. he just got wise, and everything is ok..

but when its obama... i fully expect a 15 page dissertation on why obama is evil.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Video

Excellent clip.

This dang bailout should have been called what it is - PORKAPALOOZA!

What a freak'n idiot. He just signed it and now he's turning around and saying 'they' passed it and these things should be vetoed? :shk:

God help us. No matter who we get in, Dem or Republican, the ticket will have people who aren't ready for the job and who are morons. America is screwed no matter which way it goes.

Side note - I like 'Morning Joe'. Smart guy. Too bad he has that shrill shrew Mika Brezinski to deal with every morning. What a thing to wake up to every morning!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
so when its mccain flip flopping on a bill.. he just got wise, and everything is ok..

but when its obama... i fully expect a 15 page dissertation on why obama is evil.

No, I don't care if he flip flops as long as the end he is working for what the people want. He may change his position sometimes, but it's always because that's what the people ask for.

And keep waiting on that dissertation. I don’t think Obama is evil, I just think he is an idiot.

Probably shouldn't say that though. The "truth squad" might be listening.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice that McCain is blinking out of control as he talks about the bailout bill?

ezinearticles.com...?&id=614388

For example, if a man always blinks a lot, then this trait can't be considered as an indication of lying. On the other hand, if he is normally very calm under pressure, but starts blinking a lot after certain questions, that is more likely to indicate lying. Look for these personal habits and indications - some may blink more when they lie, and some less.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"The reasons why there is a flurry of blinks after the lie is not really clear. It may be that this flurry is a kind of safety valve, like a release of energy after the tension of lying."

The second article says there is a difference between number of blinks during and after the lie, and I havent pinpointed that yet, but man, he was making MY eyes water he was blinking so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Does anyone else notice that McCain is blinking out of control as he talks about the bailout bill?

I wasn't sure so I didn't mention it, but since you did.

YES. I noticed. I also noticed at the beginning that his tongue was being held in his mouth in a 'different' way. I used to have a little girl in preschool (where I taught preschool) who did that. She had (has) some developmental problems. I'm starting to wonder if the pace of the campaign has accelerated any 'age' problems McCain would be having soon.

No, that's not 'ageism'. It's an observation of something that is actually happening. Not projection.

And I'm rather concerned about it. (although he isn't going to win, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned).

Oh .. and since we are on body language etc .. his continual nodding and grinning in the video was driving me nutz. 'they' 'they' 'they' while nodding and grinning.

edited immediately to fix sentence

[edit on 10/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Maybe McCain did an Obama. Maybe he got some additional information or better informed on the issue and is amending his policy to reflect that information. Good enough for Obama, Good enough for McCain.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

except it's not good enough since he shouldn't have voted on the bill if he didn't know what he was voting for.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My dearest friend this is happening because this corrupted politicians know that they had just given the back to the tax payer in this nation in favor of the global banks.

And they know that the people are angry and that the people knows the corrupted deals.

Now we all know who the masters are in Washington and to who our whores in Washington sleeps with.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
McCain is only trying to put on a show for the voters and his conservative base, just like those Republicans did when they voted against the bail-out last time. All those politicians including McCain know full well that this bail-out will pass and that they will have to support it, this is just show from them to keep their voters happy and to seperate themselves if this bail-out turns out to be a mess..

Its ironic though I tell ya.... these same middle class voters chose Bush, TWICE and supported the stepping stones to where this economy got to.... I also find it funny that none of these guys seem to come up with realistic alternatives. While the economy is in shatters and time is awastin, we have these fellas acting all stubborn and "rightous" all to show off, yet they cant seem to think of an alternative.

Not good eh?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by bknapple32

No, I don't care if he flip flops as long as the end he is working for what the people want. He may change his position sometimes, but it's always because that's what the people ask for.

And keep waiting on that dissertation. I don’t think Obama is evil, I just think he is an idiot.

Probably shouldn't say that though. The "truth squad" might be listening.

yep, biiiig idiot with that harvard law degree. Grew up on food stamps and now owns a home, is a family man and is a candidate for president of the united states. HUUUUGE idiot.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
McCain has been supporting this bail out since it first came into the House. He, along with Bush and Obama, have been in support of this plan basically since day one. So, why would he suddenly want Bush to veto it?

'Cause he knows Bush isn't going to veto it. This makes him look like a maverick again in a time when frankly, nobody remembers the last against-the-grain move he has made in this campaign.

Politics politics politics. Stratety strategy strategy. It's stupid. Obama, McCain, they both consider strategy first. It's not country first, it's not change. It's "how can i get elected President"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join