It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law in the Unitied States if Bailout bill is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Video says it all...

This is so frustrating and maddening. I'm sick to my stomach over this crap.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WOW!

How come more people aren't commenting on this? That's blackmail.

Video took awhile to load but it did eventually and he said those actual words! I am shocked (I think).

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yea I saw this on CSPAN last night before the debate, Brad Sherman and Dennis Kucinich were protesting this bill. He even mentions how the senate shot down the AMT bill (which is passed every year without question), and then added into this bill to give them more incentive to vote it in. Complete and total blackmail on the part of the senate.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the vid isn't loading for me but could he be referring to the same martial law that pelosi was referring to? the two are quite different

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's the same vid on YouTube, and it loads much faster.

link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You're absolutely correct.

[Edit to add] My bad. Meant to indicate that the martial law discussed in conjunction with this issue is the "gag order" one on congress during a bill debate and not the suspension of civil authority martial law. This Sherman twit obviously meant something else, which he won't provide details for.

Sorry.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by yeahright]

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the vid isn't loading for me but could he be referring to the same martial law that pelosi was referring to? the two are quite different

He says "... told there would be martial law in America. That's what I call fear mongering...".

link   
This has got to be the most disturbing thing I have seen in a long while - and it should be investigated...oh wait..the people who would investigate it are all legal people put in place by the same people that wrote the bill.

I feel so angry right now and bewildered. I have this sick feeling in my stomach that something is on the horizon. I wish it would go away...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
His words,

"... that if we voted against this bill... on Monday... that ... the sky would fall .... the market would drop 2 or 3000 points the first day... another couple of thousand the second day... and a few members were even told that there would be martial law in America if we voted no."

* bold emphasis mine

It doesn't appear that was referring to "martial law" in congress.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

he says "a few people were even told..." that is heresay, no? friend of a friend stuff. who knows if it is really true. he then goes on to say that those were idle threats.

I'd like the people who actually claimed to have been told this to speak out and name the individual(s) who made this claim.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No, it takes a while to load, but in this one the representative says that some members were told the United States would be under martial law. He calls this "fear mongering" but I call it blackmail.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Nothing would satisfy me more! However I fear we're doomed to take this information with a grain of salt, at face value. Unfortunately, the face value isn't much, because as you stated, the exact wording irrefutably thrusts this statement into the hearsay category.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'd like the people who actually claimed to have been told this to speak out and name the individual(s) who made this claim.

Agreed. Funny how they're not the one's making such claims.....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Doesnt anyone see whats really going on here with all this?

They are pounding it into your heads just like they did with the war drum over Iraq...so that when it comes down to actually initiating a martial law, the sheeple will be accepting it as a must do.

The time now is not to be in fear, or to be laxed in responding, but to ACT.

So ACT and tell your elected officials this wont be acceptable.

Otherwise, they will do exactly what they are preparing to do and in the meantime, programming everyone's heads to accept it.

ACT.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Steve quayle is also warning this is precisely what has taken place.

MARTIAL LAW FOR USA CITIZENS IF BILL DOESNT PASS*

Incredible.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

but the bill passed so I guess we're safe.

yay us

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For the time being, that is.

This is just incredible. Hell its so__________(anything applies)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The bill hasn't passed yet has it? It still has to be voted on in the House.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Bush just signed it.

done deal

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
*SNIP* I just saw that it passed!! Give it a month, and you'll see that this bill did nothing to save this economy. Then, maybe then, people will realize we need to do what we should be doing YESTERDAY! I'm so *SNIP* disgusted right now. None of these *SNIP*are going to be re-elected. We need to make sure of that. One way or another.

Mod note: Use of profane and vulgar language

[edit on 3-10-2008 by NGC2736]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join