It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really being dumbed down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
About six months ago, I cut my hand washing dishes and had to get stitches. The doctor asked me if I had my Tetnus shot, and I told him I don't think I ever had one come to think of it.

I had the shot, but the impact of it will be something I never forget. I started to feel sick from the shot, and some of the symptoms included loss of short term memory, difficulty concentrating, pressure in my head and difficulty sleeping due to the pressure.

My shoulder started to hurt, and for a month, I struggled with these symptoms. Being a computer programmer, I really noticed how I was struggling at work with what is usually very routine for me.

It was hard to concentrate, hard to remember simple protocols I had learned. Finally after a month of feeling sick, mentally fatigued and suffering from this clouded mind set, I felt the only factor that I recall that might be contributing was the tetnus shot.

So I goggled tetnus shot and that is when I came across the ingredients and links to Eugenics articles how we are being deliberately dumbed down by vaccination.

Six months later, I still feel some of the mental effects attributed to this shot, and I know that it has had a very negative effect on my mind, not a positive one. If it wasn't for the shot, I may never had known that mercury was an active ingredient. Had I known, I would have refused.

I also started to develop several soft moles which I also brought up with my Doctor as they all appeared suddenly and shortly after the shot. Needless to say, has anyone else had these types of experiences with Tetnus or other vaccines?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've had the shot, a couple of times- and it's made me have a very sore arm- it's swolen, bruised and ache-y. But i get that with some other shots too. I've never had the other symtoms.

If it's the first time you've had the shot, maybe you're allergic to something in the injection. When you went to the doctors with the moles did you mention the other symptoms? Did s/he say what s/he thought it was?

Oh and i don't think i'm any dumber for having the shots.

~Star

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree with Star kitten, sounds like you could be allergic to some of the active ingredients within the vaccine. My Mum had a reaction (though not as severe as yours) to a tetanus shot, and was told by the nurse that it was probably due to the fact that she had had enough of those particular shots in her life, and didn't need any more.

I had a nasty reaction to a Hep B jab I needed for college earlier this year. I was off sick for a few days with it, flu like symptoms, then developed bronchitis. I would have put it down to coincidence if it weren't for the fact that others who'd had the jab the same day as me developed similar symptoms. Not that the doctor listened to me.

I'd ask your doctor again, I think they like to underplay adverse reactions to vaccines. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I must have had a reaction, I do feel that it damaged me in some way, I am clearly not the same as I was after the shot, complained a lot to my wife about how I was feeling.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Sorry to hear your reaction to the injection. I’ve gone through tetanus, and, rabies injections - without a hitch. Sorry you weren't so lucky.

Oh - question...

How does your story fir with the headline to your post though. It would be nice if your headline reflected a bit more of the content of your post - I think you’d get a lot of people visiting the thread too - as it seems reactions to injections is a hot issue.

Anyway - what do you mean by *dumbed down*? That you feel that way since your injection?

Thanks - hope you feel better.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, after the injection, I started to fee run down, sick. I noticed at work, that I was having a hard time concentrating, short term memory was out of my norm.

After about a month, the only thing I kept thinking was it all started with the tetanus shot.

The dumbing down part was based on articles I read on the net regarding thermisol mercury in vaccine deliberately placed there to cause cumulative brain damage.

I just googled tetanus shot reaction and here is a quote from one article:

www.whale.to...
"My head felt as if a brick were pressing on it and I became very disoriented."

I did have tingling in my arm, and this pressure, it lasted many many months after the shot, so from reading these, I can also surmise I must have had a reaction, from what I am reading, the reaction can be far worse then what I had. I'll consider my case mild in comparison.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by YouAreDreaming]

[edit on 3-10-2008 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

How horrid is that.

Get yourself some good homeopathic a/o herbal *brain* tea/food!
And tons a Vit.B!

Oh - before I forget.

Green tea catechins may improve reference and working-memory related learning ability, say research from Japan, adding to claims that green tea can help ward off Alzheimer's.

More evidence of green tea's brain benefits

Good luck to you

...taps...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks I like green tea so more of a reason to drink more, I will look into it further.

Hopefully it helps

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have been tired and unable to focus or remember thing, I have to admit that on days tat I drank 1 cup of green tea I was more functional.Too much of it though and anxiety becomes an issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Are we really being dumbed down?

Does a bear shet in the woods???

If you seriously have to ask this question you, unfortunately, are in some state of denial. But you question, so you may be waking up.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ya sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I had my first round of those shots when I was a toddler...which is what you should have had done when you were very young.

In response to the question of the topic title...if you have to ask are we being dumbed down....then your not paying attention to whats going on around you and you might want to catch up.

There is plenty of information out there to look over and judge for yourself.

People need to go byond that narrow viewing angle or tunnel vision about whats happening. Having a wide perspective or peripherial view is quite helpfull...especially when some idiot in the lane next to you starts to turn into your lane and doesnt even see you right there and shoves you off the road and up onto the divider because you saw them comming and didnt want them to run into your brand new paint job on your 86 575hp midnight blue Iroc Z Camaro. That person admitted "I didnt even see you there or hear you!!"...which was quite funny when there is this huge silver super charger sticking out of the hood and loud rumbling exaust less than 3 feet away. What an idiot.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ever since the OP posted this, it's been bugging me.

When I was a health care worker in the community, it was 'recommended' that I had a Hep B vaccination. I did When I became a student nurse in a recommended government progamme, we were told that it was 'compulsory'' I was found to have no immunity to Hep B, despite three previous vaccinations, therefore I was given a vaccine by the college which was 'compulsory.' I was ill after it, so ill. As student nurses, we are only actually 'allowed' 21 days sick in the whole three years of study. I ended up, along with a few others, having two days off sick due to being ill after the Hep B vaccine. I actually developed actue bronchitis (which I've never had before or since, despite being a smoker) after it. I have since been given immense hassle about why I was off 'ill' during those two days.

I went to see my own 'nurse' in my own surgery after this. I found out that the 'general' Hep B vaccine was different to what I'd been given in college. ( I don't know offhand the names as I'm posting this, but I will find out, but I know that the general vaccine is different.) Since then, my college course have slammed me for being off ill for two days, due to the 'fitness to practice' programme. When I tried to say that I was ill due to their vaccination programme, they wouldn't listen. I am supposed to have had a blood test stating that I am now immune to Hep B. I do, apparently, not have any choice in this. Despite my insubordination, at some point, in the future, as my career path involves being a nurse, I do not have any choice but to be injected again against Hep B. I do not have free choice in this. It just is. I can only hope that it coincides with my holidays, so that I do not have to take time off 'sick'.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
lol omg don ya reliz that da nwo haz ta keep uz all stupids 2 mak ther planz all work rights? no? k now u kno kthanzbai. lulz.

In all seriousness. THe suggestions for green tea were good ones, you can also find Milk Thistle tea which will help the liver detox specifically. Try eating fresh or at least unprocessed foods exclusively, or even going on a short fast.

You may want to go to a doctor and have them do a blood test. This will help you figure out if you have any specific blood or mineral imbalances.

new topics

top topics

join