It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by 19DCW71

After re-reading your post I think that I may have misunderstood what you meant. If you were talking about the movement of the ship relative to the Earth then it does not move from its orbit (that is the idea of orbiting), but we see an apparent Earth rotation.
[edit on 5/10/2008 by ArMaP]

Ye, thst's exactly what i meant.i;m not to knowledgable on the subject but wouldn't the craft itself change position at all. To me it looks as if the thing is mounted in place. The wings stay exactly perrelel to the earth. Wouldn't it be floating or something which in turn would alter the position of the wings to the earth? Just trying to understand and rationalize what seems logical. Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"The wings stay exactly perrelel to the earth."

In videos ship is moving when Spaceman is moving = earth moves in picture. You can see this better when looking video fast speed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Maybe its not water??...... It might be some low density/viscosity liquid which present low resistance to movement.

Yet another angle to burn your brains on..................

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I know why the flag looks funny. There's no up or down in space, and that flag, every time it's turned floppy side up- GOES "UP". It should be going in all sorts of directions- and turned up, should go down just as much as it would up, but it goes in ONE direction only. So, my guess is that it's a water tank, all right, AND there's pressure being sent from below to help with the buoyancy, make stuff move, ect.

Also, watch the clouds on Earth.... I cant put my finger on it, but my brain keeps saying 'fake' for some reason. I did see the 'clouds' jump, like a badly done special effect.

And being someone who does watch shuttle spacewalks.... and how things float around inside the shuttle... I need to find a couple comparison videos so i can figure exactly what's still bothering me about this clip.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
its probably space junk. nothing to see here folks

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why is there not one star? I would think there would be one visible at least .

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
The link is working fine for me. Take a close look at around 1:05, you can see the bubble appearing from under the astronaut's visor and float upwards.

Speaking of floating upwards... have a look at THIS video clip

Watch from 1:00 on Watch how his tether keeps floating up and he keeps pushing it back down

Fake as a three dollar bill

You guys falling for this being real... so gullible

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now I want you all to look at this video of the launch of this mission...

Look at the closeup of the rocket... and the flame..

news.bbc.co.uk...

If you can tell me that you believe that the closeup is a real launch and not a model.... I give up...

China Fakes Reports From Space
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also in the above thread Greeneyedleo makes this comment..

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I know someone personally, who works for USAF Space Command and who sits behind a wall of monitors all day long....and well, monitors "things"

Anyways, he told me yesterday, because we were discussing this very topic, that as of yesterday - Friday - China has NOT launched anything recently. He would know, as part of his job.

Now grant it, I can not provide any proof....but there are respected people here who know me, and can probably vouch me and my resource.

So, I guess you can take this for what its worth to you

With that said. Based on what I know, and am reading here. I do not believe they are up in space right now

I for one will vouch for her 100% on this one

And no I cannot tell you why

Now then...

Any news stories on the RETURN LANDING of these Astronauts yet?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The China News video of the re-entry is here Link. . .

Also a news link from USA Today that says they were given a parade and gave a brief summary of China's plans for the moon. Link

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I noticed you asked this in another thread on this subject matter and I posted this link for you there as well.

Do you know how long it took me to find that? .28 seconds on google. Before you ask a question that is as easy to research as that you should go ahead and try and do some of the research.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon.....unless you have ACTUALLY been into a micro-gravity environment, I'm not sure that what you asked people to focus on, regarding tether, is valid.

Reasons? Firstly, the Cninese would not be stupid enough to have a 'tether' that would float in water. Secondly, if I were to 'fake' an EVA on LEO, and tried to do it underwater, I'd rotate the camera 90 degrees, and have the fakery climb out of the hatch sideways....anyone who's a Scuba Diver might wish to agree with me.

Thirdly, the movement of the tether was consistent with the astronaut unclipping and moving the clips to other attachment points.

Back to my underwater experiences....water is quite viscous, (compared, of course, to a vacuum!) and tends to dampen movements...I see NONE of that dampening of motion in that video.

Fourthly, just about any NASA video of Gemini and Apollo EVAs shows similar movement of the umbilicals, and various other tethers and equipment....even in TODAY'S ISS coverage, same thing. It looks odd, since we're used to a gravity pulling everything down, and objects behaving in a certain way, that we find familiar.

Now....GreenEyedLeo, a person who's opinion and knowledge I value very much, makes a compelling point.

And, of course, zorgon (you dropped the capital 'Z'???) you have a dearth of knowledge, and connections, and it is understandable that you must play your cards close to the chest, to protect sources....

But really??? To accuse China (they who have so much of our money, and who build nearly everything we buy) of chicanery???

I just saw on the news that INDIA launched an orbital test vehicle....preparing for manned flight....and, of course, none of our USA jobs or tech have been 'outsourced' to India..... [sarcasm]

[edit on 10/24/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Did anyone see on how many pipes and hoses are running though the exterior of that ship??? I GUESS there was a small leak.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

cracker....are you referring to the Chinese video???

Do you have any knowledge of the early NASA EVAs?

The original EVAs conducted by American Astronauts from Gemini used an 'umbical'....to act as not only a 'tether', but to supply life support.

Funny fact: The FIRST 'spacewalk' was actually conducted by the USSR.

These facts can be easily researched...

Remember, also, that the first man to 'orbit' the Earth was a Russian...Yuri Gagarin.

So, again....NASA gets most of the press, but exploring Space is still a Human endeavor....and should TRANSCEND National Boundaries, and the obsolete concept of the 'Nation State'....

My last paragraph went off-topic....but maybe not!

If EVERY piece of footage of every LEO (Low Earth Orbit) EVA (aka 'SpaceWalk') by the USSR and the USA (NASA) and now the Chinese....to include the EVA footage from the ISS (International Space Station)....

Just compare the video footage, there is a lot to see.....and try to assert that the ISS is somehow underwater....even though many, many amateur skywatchers KNOW it is in orbit...maybe even NORAD knows it's in orbit!!!!!

Best of luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
And, of course, zorgon (you dropped the capital 'Z'???)

Never had the capital 'Z' You just never noticed. All your U2U's have to be zapped to clear my U2U flag...

As to the Fake Chinese mission... don't shoot the mesenger I merely present what the media shows...

But while your at it... find me some still photos of the mission would you?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If this were truly filmed under water, you'd see (regardless of film speed) the tell-tale signs of atmospheric pressure acting upon the pliable portions of their suits; especially at such close quarters.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
But really??? To accuse China (they who have so much of our money, and who build nearly everything we buy) of chicanery???

Why would I do that?

I mean they 'didn't' show a pretty girl instead of the real singer

I mean they 'didn't' use CGI fireworks at the Olympics and state 'most people wouldn't notice'

I mean they 'didn't' fudge the one photo they released from Chang-e 1 and have to do a media recover within hours of release...

BTW where is that Chinese moon probe anyway?

Now....GreenEyedLeo, a person who's opinion and knowledge I value very much, makes a compelling point.

Oh yes VERY compelling... as a matter of fact it is a key point. If there was no launch... there was no space walk

Hence
"China Fakes Reports From Space"

You DID read this right?

"A news story describing a successful launch of China's long-awaited space mission and including detailed dialogue between astronauts launched on the Internet Thursday, hours before the rocket had even left the ground."

ASSOCIATED PRESS

So they had the conversation with the astronauts reported a day before the launch?

They said the posting of the article was a "technical error" by a technician.

Yeah ya think?

If GreenEyedLeo says there was no launch... there was no launch...

This was also confirmed by my Australian "china watcher"

What we want to know know is what did they REALLY launch on Sunday?

I just saw on the news that INDIA launched an orbital test vehicle....preparing for manned flight....and, of course, none of our USA jobs or tech have been 'outsourced' to India....

Actually they launched an orbiter and impactor to the Moon. You really ought to pay closer attention you know..

Mike has a big thread on it already...
India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

Problem is... they are already reporting problems...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
From what I can find the ship only had video cameras on the exterior. One guy was out space walking, one was in the hatch to rescue the other and the third guy was inside the command module monitoring everything. Who would take the photos? Regardless what would still photos do for you that frames of video do not? What have you been able to find?

How about you provide anything other than conjecture. You remind me of the simpsons lawyer Lionel Huts when the judge asks him if he has any evidence Mr. Huts responds,
"We have hearsay and conjecture...those are types of evidence."

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit
How about you provide anything other than conjecture.

What would be the point? You wouldn't listen anyway and I already have in several threads...

As to why a still shot would be of use? Well the Earth in the video does not look right... a still shot or two would help. So you mean to tell me that these guys are on their first space walk and not one of them wanted to snap a shot of Earth?

Uh huh

[edit on 24-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And, exactly how would you know what a photo from LEO would 'look like', in order to convince you???

UNLESS you wish to dismiss ALL of the STS misson footages, and ALL of the ISS mission footages as 'faked'....then you have a lot to bring to the table, to 'prove' your claims.

For the record: I subsribe to the 'Dish' network....it is a satellite company that is, in my humble opinion, better than 'cable' because it offers a lot of 'HD' programing....but that's not the point right now...

IF you have the DISH Network, then you know there is a channel 213, it is the NASA Channel....there you can see, sometimes live, but only during current missions...otherwise recorded video of past missions....but, nevertheless, it shows the REALITY of micro-gravity environments.

During the latest STS mission, an Astronaut, during EVA, lost a bag of tools...it, the bag, probably did not have a tether system....but, the point is, one of the 'grease-guns' leaked, and the excess grease had to be cleaned up.

In the process, of cleaning up the mess, the bag, untethered, floated out of reach of the Astronaut.

DID NASA expect the grease applicators to make a mess in the bag??? DID NASA require a tether so the 'tool bag' would not be lost???

This is part of the 'learning curve' as we continue to explore space...for now, relatively 'safely' in "Low Earth Orbit" (LEO)....

NOW, we have China learning, likely, from NASA's mistakes. Possibly India as well.

Time to step up, people!!!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join