It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How China has Created a New Slave Empire in Africa.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Your vision of Africa turning into a giant factory is unsettling...but spot on.

Great overall post btw.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree.

FredT is very spot on about this:

Originally posted by FredT
Chinas growth has also been fuel with a total lack of envirnmental controlls. From air quality to water quality (I read a report that the 100 biggest cities in China would have thier municipal water supplies turned off due to levels of contamination. Its going to take huge amounts of time and money to clean the place up and they have not started yet. It will also effect the population in terms of infant mortality and birth defects, and life expectancy.

They may get a victory now but down the road its going to be ugly.

See for example this article I intend for a separate thread:

Billions of people in Asia are suffering from the acute water crisis caused by the adverse impact of climate change and China's ambitious hydro engineering projects that divert river water cascading from the Tibetan highland the source of almost all the major rivers of Asia.

The implications are staggering.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In an article published in the LA Times yesterday:

Foreigners farm for themselves in a hungry Africa

Some of the world's richest nations are coming to grow crops and export the yields, hoping to turn the global epicenter of malnutrition into a breadbasket for themselves.

The latest craze? Food. Amid a global crisis that for a time this year doubled prices for wheat, corn, rice and other staples, some of the world's richest nations are coming to Africa to farm, hoping to turn the global epicenter of malnutrition into a breadbasket for themselves.

Lured by fertile land, cheap labor and untapped potential, oil-rich Persian Gulf countries such as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait, where deserts hinder food production, are snapping up farmland in underdeveloped African nations to grow crops for consumption back home.

Obviously, everyone is in on the act.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why many western companies edged out Africa by Chinese?
Because Chinese pay them better for their resource.

Why western people criticize Chinese in Africa?
Because they can not use African as slave any more.

And Sir, when you criticize Chinese, tell me what the west did to those poor people in the past? You used them as slaves for several hundred years, is there even one good thing till today? As for our Chinese, at least we built most infrastructures on their land, which laid a foundation for their development.

The fact is most of our neighbors and African like us, please face it. Let me cite this from Pew Research Center based on Washington DC.
"China's fans are most prevalent in the neighboring Asian countries of Malaysia (83% favorable), Pakistan (79%), Bangladesh (74%), Indonesia (65%), as well as in most African countries (92% favorable in both Ivory Coast and Mali and between 67% and 81% in Kenya, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania and Ethiopia)."

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redchina
Why western people criticize Chinese in Africa?
Because they can not use African as slave any more.

Isn't that a bit odd? Are you even disputing the source articles?

Looks like an admission to me, which you are attempting to justify by citing the West's past.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I appreciate the post.

I cant believe that some people will sit here and say "when will they stand up for themselves?". Africa isnt some united playground where bullys hide behind documents of false liberty. They dont have the same kind of laws. How about this one, Some outsider needs to make africa (as a whole) aware on how plentiful the resources are their. They need to seriously raise everything, so they can establish themselves as a united nation. How can you expect someone to leave slavery behind if you keep offering to buy slaves, and trade for them. I think the world should really be worried if Africa became a nation not just a continent, it would really be a superpower.

China on the otherhand is a overboiling kettle, they are running out of steam. Soon they will pick their noses in everyones pocket a little deeper. We must stop this monster, economically.
And as a honest adult I dont believe one should be robbed because he lacks the knowledge of his/her goods, I believe in fair trade.

Watch out when the arrow of karma is cast.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ill go as far as to say:

"I doubt Africa had many problems untill the white man showed up"

[edit on 29-9-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

Africa is a rich and bountiful country still otherwise the Chinese would not be their in the first place who's it your fault they haven't been able to govern themselves successfully for the past century and are actually willing to let themselves become serfs.

I know I'm noob and all but I feel the need to point out a couple of things.

1. Arfrica isn't a country, it's a continent. It's comprised of 47 different countries or 53, if you count all the Island nations as well. It has a vast difference in terrain and climate throught it.

2. I don't believe that Africans have ever given up serfdom. Either from they're own countries or from Foriegn people's, Africans have been enslaved for several centuries now. They truly haven't had the chance of self determination in a very long time.

Yes there have been some sucess stories on the continent, but by and large, the majority of Africa has been enslaved for 100's of years.

Your last line in that paragraph justs reeks of ignorance. Keep a continent in extreme poverty for several hundred years and then say they let themselves become serfs.

Here`s great documentary by Jared Diamond called ``Guns, Germs and Steel.`` The third part is about Africa, check it out. The whole documentary is good but you can just watch part three to get some insight into Africa.

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How ridiculous,

Africa is a mess, it was a mess when White People Arrived, it was a mess 2,000 years ago, It has never emerged beyond a tribal civilization aside from minor flirtations with the subject that didn't last very long.

Whenever ready please feel free to look up the few examples of African civilization then spark the debate over Egypt to show true lack of knowledge of ancient hostory for everyone to read.

Because testing has shown the Pharohs had Red and Blond hair for the majority of the time Egypt was a great civilization and that it declined into virtual non existance within a couple hundred years of the first African Pharoah

No one is to blame for the condition of Africa but Africans, Africans sold other tribes into slavery, Africans made the economic deals with the West and now China just as they have always commited crimes against themselves.

I do NOT say this as a bash on Africans, simply and realistically there is something within the population of people that functions better within tribal and local governments and societies... it is not lack of IQ, plenty of bright Africans, it is not culture, there are more cultures on that continent than the world combined... I think as a branch of humanity, genetically there are differences in the capcity to socialize within large dynamics of people

That's not good, or bad... it's just not very functional in an Industrialized world or for building nation states, perhaps... the communication era if the infastructure can be built, will be easier on the continent?

But large group dynamics have never sustained themselves on that continent and frankly the Western View of absolute PC and our way of not dealing realistically with race and culture is a huge impediment to helping Africans create a system that can work for them and compete globally...

The Chinese do not care and we want them to do things the way we do them...

Niether path will be good for Africa

Nothing will change on the continent until Intellectual Africans as a movement begin to address the creation of a social system that works for Africans

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That's what they want, a new target, so you the sheeple take your eye off the Global NWO ball. Have a read of "The Economic Hit man" as one example of how third/second world countries stay as Third World countries. China has risen from one of the exploited to the exploiter but only because the ruling elite have deemed it a requirement for the 'End Game'.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Given that the options are either:

a. Civil war between african factions over minimal resources

b. Lack of livelyhood and death

c. Working for someone (albeit in what Westerners percieve as hard conditions).

I think c. isnt such as bad option. Chinese companies are utilizing Africa, in return delivering a livelyhood for Africans.

Look at Darfur- no Chinese companies can go in full on because of world pressure being applied erroneously; as a result, the djanjaweed and pro-chad supporters merely keep fighting continuously over ever-dwindling resources.

Africa can make a success of itself (witness South Africa), but it needs to be engaged in trade fully rather than bull**** journalist articles showing only one side of the coin and causing people to lose their scarely available jobs.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The main problem I see in most of these replies is folks referring to Africa as if Africa is a country. Just in case some don't know or need reminding, Africa is continent. Just as Europe and Asia are continents made up of many different tribes and countries, so is Africa.

"When will Africans start caring about Africans?" Do we ask when will Asians will start caring about Asians, or Europeans start caring about Europeans? No, we do not. And we consistently blame each country for its own problems. Most folks cannot even fathom the size and complexity of Africa. Even people who have lived there all of their lives have difficulty grasping the enigmatic problem and opportunity that is Africa. So instead of leaving the continent and its people to advance at their own pace, regardless of Western and Eastern demands, the West and the East invade and exploit because it's easy. And where in Africa some semblance of modern civilization begins to flourish, the West and the East manufacture and support opposition between tribes for the purpose of benefiting the West and the East, sans the Africans themselves. Again, because it's easy.

Countless stories of sick people being exploited in Africa exist. When big pharma wants to test new drugs on humans, to escape the legal restrictions of their Western or Eastern jurisdictions, those companies find pockets of sick people in Africa to test their dangerous concoctions on, and then return to their respective countries to make profits on what they have learned, leaving hundreds of thousands of sick people behind. And it's done because it is easy.

The hard thing to do is to work with the people at their pace according to their methods of learning and dealing with the world. Leaving their natural resources intact so that when ready their new and unique civilizations will have something to build upon. And thus introduce their inventions to the world at large.

All of this talk about surviving on the guilt of others is pure nonsense. Because one doesn't want to feel guilty or to bear part of the blame, one blames for his misery the ones that one has besieged. And that is done because it is easy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No outside powers were ever trying to "help" Africa. All they did was forment wars and rape the Continent of their resources.

Right now China is doing business in Africa more or less fairly.

My only concern is how things with turn once China becomes the world's sole superpower.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

If China continues to serve as an alternative to Africa for it resources and military protection, the next century is due to be the rise of East AND the South.

Africa should also keep the doors open to the West and Especially form ties with Russia who is the true liberator of the world and the watchdog of "Human" freedom.

Russia will keep China in check as she has done Nazism, British Imperialism and U.S., Capitalism.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
just to add a bit of ancient historical spin on this:

the pharaohs have returned! some of them were not native black africans.
some were chinese and all the variants inbetween, from the far east to the near east.

i see this as history repeating itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
An admission? Where is the logic? *Scratching Head*

I guess your western media almost never report good thing about China. (two links in Chinese)

China write off 10.9 billion debt from 31 Africa countries.
Chinese build new highway to "lost" Kenya
China to open 17 colleges in Africa

So we want their resource, but we did return them good. We write off their debt, we build their infrastructures (dam, railway and more) and we provide education to them. So we give African the thing they really need for their future development.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Two ignorant claims that have appeared and will appear on this thread again and again:

1. "America did it, so whats wrong with China doing it?"

Just because someone else exploited and enslaved people doesnt give China the right to do the same. The west is just beginning to learn from their past mistakes and make amends, and here comes China, a country that is on an evolutionary scale where all this bullying still lies in front of them.

2. "Africa has always been a mess, since thousands of years"

Africa only became this way 200 years ago, when self-proclaimed "civilized" nations tried to force their way of life down their throats and belittling their culture and finally abducting them as slaves.

An internationally agreed upon policy of non-intervention and african self-responsibility is the only long-term solution.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Who's fault is it though???

Look at how far the American's, Chinese, Indians and Austrailians have all come under 200 years.

It seems the only thing the Africans have been successful at is ironically.... exploiting the world under the 'we were exploited 500 years ago card'.

The writing has been on the wall with Africa for a long time and the world can only continue to prop it up beyond it's means for so long.

What are you talking about? Prop them up beyond their means?

Do you have any idea how many diamonds and other gems, how much gold and oil, has been taken from africa in recent history??

Africa was one of the wealthiest continents resource-wise on earth man. Check your geology books.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I guess the States lent China the book on how to enslave Africans. Wonder if they'll lend them the book about "how to abolish your own economy"?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
1. "America did it, so whats wrong with China doing it?"

Just because someone else exploited and enslaved people doesnt give China the right to do the same. The west is just beginning to learn from their past mistakes and make amends, and here comes China, a country that is on an evolutionary scale where all this bullying still lies in front of them.

I can understand that viewpoint.

It's a bit like Western nations going through their industrial revolutions, then pontificating to developing nations about carbon emissions.

China is doing things to their standards. Who are we to interfere and tell them that what they are doing is unethical?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Also, if you really think about it, the people in many part of africa do actually deserve "Reparations" from companys like De Beers or Big Oil.

They were practically enslaved to mine thier own resources to give to us, while they could barely feed themselves.

That IMO is a huge human rights violation.

I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone would entertain such a proposition tho, despite its probably the right thing to do.

Also , Africa needs to get off its addiction to buying weapons from Soviet Bloc or Western nations. This is a extremely dangerous combination of elements.

Think about it, rich in resources, yet many people are starving; all the while their gov'ts stockpile weapons. This my friends, is the ingrediants to a catastrophy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join