It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How China has Created a New Slave Empire in Africa.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sub-Saharan Africa has a lot of resources and the populace can't make use of them, sheesh they can't even feed themselves.

Of course another power is going to go in there and take over. But hey its the Chinese, so its not racist right! That is the most important thing!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It is my opinion that Africa could very well be the stage for an upcoming war for resources.

There are many international interests in africa and when they start stepping on each other's toes, the sparks are going to fly.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
Ill go as far as to say:

"I doubt Africa had many problems untill the white man showed up"

[edit on 29-9-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

BINGO there....

one should also remember that African problems lie in the fact that the whole continent is made of 'Tribes' these tribes have fought over the continent since the beginning of time and they will do for some time to come.

Also, China's influence, especially in South Africa has gone back to the 50's and 60's as Thabo Mbeki and co were adopted by China in the 80's and Thabo Mbeki was seen as the Black messiah for being president (which he has just been forced to hand back) so China has been involved nehind the scenes for some time now.

what thye are after now is "payback" for helping during the Apartheid era...

Let me say that if the sh*t hits the fan South Africa will be one of the safest place to be :-)

Valorian

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Valorian]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I'd love to see your ass dropped into the middle of anywhere sub-Saharan to see if in fact you would be able to feed yourself. How about a rain forest in the Congo? That should give you a head start with plenty of wildlife to choose from. Its aisles won't lead you directly to food like Wal-Mart, and your GPS/iPhone would be useless. How good are you at remembering terrain that changes overnight? Guaranteed you'd succumb in three days or less.

And everyday that you're alive, just yards from your position, the native Pygmies would be enjoying their catch of the day, and having dinner conversation about a stupid person roaming about crying when food and shelter was available everywhere.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"China's New Slave Empire?"

LOL, more like "The Daily Mail's weekly moan about how the non-whites in the world don't want us meddling in their daily lives anymore, and are creating economic opportunities for themselves with out us there to exploit them instead, whaaaaa!"

[edited for clarification]
Loam, I take no issue with you, but i am concerned with your main source, the Daily Mail. (This topic sharing the same title as that article.)

IIMHO, The Daily Mail is not a credible source.
Here is an experiment performed by a man, who gave up all other news sources, except for the Daily Mail, for an extended period of time. The results will not surprise you
, i guarantee it
:
My Daily Mail hell

Keep reading 'The Daily Mail', and you'll eventually come to believe that the sky is falling.
These people at the Daily Mail are the guys that will print anything, and i mean ANYTHING, for the sake of their own financial benefit, and then pass it off as "real news", as long as it appears to be 'believable'--that is, facts and sources can not be easily traces and/or checked. The term 'alarmist' is too far from being an understatement when it comes to describing them. The daily mail is very well known for being anti-chinese, anti-black, anti-muslim...well, basically anti-anybody-who's-not-white conservative rag in the UK which no one outside of the right wing spectrum takes seriously.

Besides that my overall sentiment on this stands.
[end edit]

Try this: google the terms "China Africa" then explore the results. I promise you, 99.9% of the alarmists who are oh-so-very concerned(pfft, yeah right :@@
about the fate of Africa and Africans are on the so called "conservative" side; rich white men who see Africa as their own personal playground, the Africans as their personal economic slaves, and the Chinese trying to set up shop in "their" backyard. The Daily Mail falls squarely into this camp. They don't give a s... about those "poor, defenseless" Africans who are at the mercy of the "bloodthirsty ruthless, animals" also known as the Chinese, they're just angry and jealous that the Chinese are actually making headway, where their paternalistic mindset in dealing with Africans has failed completely. Not only that, they are absolutely scared sh..less, when they realize that Africans now have the potential to see the worthlessness in dealing with Europe and Europeans, and that they may turn their economic interests toward the east and South, for Sino-African, and Latin-African economic relationships instead.

It amazes me how many people here disregard the hundreds of years of history of what the CONTINENT** has been through, and even go so far as to deny Europe's hand in it, placing the blame soles on the Africans themselves. Even more egregious is the fact that some people will even say that Europe's involvement in Africa BETTERED the state of the continent when common sense and historical analysis clearly show otherwise.

To those in the so-called "Enlightened West" who think everything about the African continent is nothing but destruction, suffering, and death, I ask you to, please, put the cheeseburgers down, turn off the TV, go outside, and get a clue. Yes, the continent of Africa is still staggering even after it seems that the rest of the world has moved on. But even as it stands, even as bad as it is, things tend to get better when the west is not covertly and underhandedly involved.

Rwanda, which was once home to one of the worst genocides of last decade, thanks to the political sabotage of the French. Now, while the country obviously still has its issues, it is now seeing some economic and political upturns, with a good degree of success:
LA Times
Women Play key role in...
Most Rwandans know that the French were complicit with what happened in their country, even though France deny this. Rwanda is now almost completely anti-French, and seem to be doing a hell of a lot better without them.

Botswana, another black African country that the west ignore when talking about the doom and gloom that befall those 'inferior' Africans, seem to be doing quite well for themselves, without the West's interference:
Botswana

Angola is a country once marred by 25 years of civil war, mostly due to the native population getting tired of being crushed underfoot by the Europeans, and revolting against them. Even though many of the population are still poor because of the civil war, the country overall looks to be getting their economy back on track:
Angola's economic boom

Ghana, is a relatively stable, peaceful, and successful country in west Africa, yet, you'll never hear about them when the West talks about those 'inferior' Africans: Ghana

Nigeria we hear about a lot, especially when it comes to the delta region strife, and corruption. What you don't hear is that the Nigerians are the only African country to fully pay off their Paris Club debt, that they have some of the best successes of eradicating corruption from the highest levels of their government, and that their economy is growing monstrously fast. Currently Nigeria, is America's largest African trading partner: Nigeria

Rome wasn't built in a day. African economies won't be either.
So to all those, especially in America, who've written off an entirely diverse continent such as Africa as a basket case, my advice to you is keep writing. With the way the US economy is currently going, an election which could possibly put another neo-con in the white house, food and fuel prices rising, and two wars still being fought in the mid-east, I don't see why anyone's focus should be on what the Chinese and Africans are doing.

**The US education system is supposed to be one of the best in the world, and yet, there are still some who classify Africa as a country. shame.

perhaps that bailout money could have been used to buy people some maps so that people can look up places such as the Iraq and the South Africa to better the futures of their children.
:lo

[edit on 30-9-2008 by karby]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by Sonya610

I'd love to see your ass dropped into the middle of anywhere sub-Saharan to see if in fact you would be able to feed yourself. How about a rain forest in the Congo? That should give you a head start with plenty of wildlife to choose from. ...

Please ignore Sonya, as she's also a member of Stormfront (she admitted it). Just let her rant in a corner by herself.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah,
these abovepar humans have about 0000.1 percent of their population who are brilliant and with that makes the rest of them about as useless as tits on a bull and helpless as a turtle in a barrel

Meanwhile 90 percent of the "sub humans" are able to survive under any conditions with little or nothing.

Yet they are swift to jump in and talk about what somebody else can and can't do.

As if they had ever, or ever can do anything without stealing and killing their way through life.

They can't steal from the world anymore, and look what has happened to them.

All they have left is nuclear bombs, and others got that too--incuding "terrorists."

One could sympathize with the fools if they weren't so damn repulsive and stupid.

***rant off.****

Was not really directing that at most White people who are really no more racist than anyone else.

I'm just sick and tired of not being able to join a website and enjoy an intelligent conversation on ANY subject without some "superior" being jumping in and spewing ther crap all over everything.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

How the World Sees China

Dec 11, 2007

The rise of anti-Americanism in recent years has given China a decided image advantage over the United States. Considerably more people around the world have an unfavorable view of the America than think poorly of China. But signs in Pew's polling suggest that perceptions of China's increasing power – both military and economic – could boost anti-Chinese sentiment in years to come. In fact, there are some signs that this has already begun to occur in Western Europe where worries about China's economic power are on the rise.

China's growing presence on the world stage is clearly evident in Africa and Latin America. Majorities in most countries in each of these regions say China exerts at least a fair amount of influence on their countries.

In eight of 10 sub-Saharan African countries surveyed, majorities say that China has a "great deal" or a "fair amount" of influence on the way things are going in their countries. And in four of seven Latin American countries majorities also say the same thing about China's influence on their countries.

In Africa, China's influence is now seen as rivaling American influence. In such major nations as Ethiopia, South Africa, and Nigeria, equally huge numbers see America and China exerting an important influence in their countries. Ghana, Uganda and Kenya still rate American influence more potent in their nations. But in Senegal, Mali, and Ivory Coast, greater numbers say China has an important influence than say the same about the United States. Most striking is that while clear majorities in 8 of 10 sub-Saharan African nations surveyed say that America's influence in their countries is generally good, China's influence is almost universally viewed as having a more beneficial impact on African countries than does that of the United States.

pewresearch.org...

that's what average african people really think of china

[edit on 30-9-2008 by haidian]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
VIVA Africa!
ViIVA China!
VIVA South America!
VIVA Russia!

For now and for all eternity

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

China-Africa Cooperation Forum in October 2000 in Beijing, the Chinese government pledged to write off African countries' 156 overdue debts totaling 10.5 billion yuan (US$1.3 billion) in two years. The pledge was fulfilled ahead of schedule.

China has provided African countries with a total of 44.4 billion yuan (US$5.55 billion) in aid as of May 2006. It has helped build textile mills, hydropower stations, sport venues, hospitals and schools, more than 800 projects in all.

china's active role is universally regarded as very positive among african countries,china now offers them an alternative,another choice,that's good for the local african countries and people,and that's why in many international polls china is getting very favorable opinions among african countries.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Recently China has twice provided debt relief on its own terms to African countries. In 2000–02, it wrote off overdue obligations totaling 10.5 billion yuan ($1.3 billion), and in 2006 it announced that it would cancel another 10 billion yuan in debt owed by 33 heavily indebted and least developed African countries that have diplomatic relations with China. Incomplete data make it hard to compare the terms on which China provided debt relief with the terms of the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries Initiative—the debt relief program jointly run by the IMF and the World Bank.

china is a very good alternative for many african countries .

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
I'd love to see your ass dropped into the middle of anywhere sub-Saharan to see if in fact you would be able to feed yourself. How about a rain forest in the Congo?

Seriously, that comparison is truly ridiculous. I would not have to worry about feeding myself because I would probably be killed (and possibly killed for food).

Most pc theories say that BECAUSE Africa has such a mild climate, and easy living conditions, that is the reason why the sub-saharan populace never had to develop ANY forms of technology (no wheel, no written language, etc...) but somehow you seem to think it is an exceptionally difficult place to live.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The fact the Chinese are willing to go in there at all is amazing, the Congo is an EXTREMELY brutal place. I know some Chinese workers have been forced to flee the country because of the amazing amount of violence. The ops original article started with violent mobs nearly beating the reporter to death, and that is nothing compared to the other things that go on there.

I don't like to think of what will happen to the forests, but I have to admire the bravery of the Chinese.

In Bunia, the town's population has swelled from 6,000 to 120,000 people. Most have left everything—crops, possessions, their families—to escape the ongoing massacres in the bush. Through a network of local human rights organizations, I arrange to meet with a handful of survivors. One Sunday morning, over a hundred people show up to tell their stories.

Draping a green batik cloth over her left shoulder, Chantal says that at 5 in the morning on Aug. 27, 2002, she woke to gunfire in the gold-mining town of Mabanga-Gélé. She was alone with her 6-year-old son, Claude, as men armed with machetes entered her house. "Today we are going to cut off your arm so you can't prepare mandro [traditional beer]" they said to her. She tells me, "They cut off my arm and took it outside where they had made a fire. They cooked it, while they were drinking our mandro, and ate it with the rest of the beans and rice." Claude had escaped into the bush with relatives. Then, she says flatly, "They told me they were going to find my husband and eat his heart."

After the attack, Chantal spent three months in the Drodro Hospital, where, later, the patients were killed bed by bed. Then her husband abandoned her because she can no longer work. In the village, Chantal's mother, Eliza Dz'da, lived with another daughter, Georgette, and Georgette's four children. That August morning, Eliza says, she heard Lendu women ululating as the fighters entered the village to attack. Georgette and Eliza's grandchildren tried to escape. All of them, Eliza says, were caught and killed. "We had a shed made of leaves, and they tore it down to build the fire. They took our leftover food and cooked pieces of Georgette and the children," she tells me.

www.slate.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I´m gonna get flamed for this I know.

But could someone please stand up to the chinese?.

China is a giant locust and they won´t stop until everything is gone.

Just look at what is happenning in Peru, whole mountains are dissapearing because of their mining.

STOP CHINA before it is too late.

(BTW I have nothing personal against the chinese people, in fact I admire many aspects of their culture, it is their unlimited need of resources what concerns me.)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh sheesh the chinese shills are hitting the board again (haidian -- pull up his profile if you doubt it).

I wonder how much they make for spending all day posting propaganda on ATS? Pretty sweet job.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Oh sheesh the chinese shills are hitting the board again

huh,any chinese people who stands up for china will be called a shill,what a distorted china bashing theory,most chinese webuser are defending china in many forums,cause that is our country.and you are not the people should speak for africans,they already voiced their own opinions.china is univerally consider good influence among african countries,and they are very happy to have choices.

as for exploiting africa and its people,huh,see who is talking.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdogg1
VIVA Africa!
ViIVA China!
VIVA South America!
VIVA Russia!

For now and for all eternity

BAM?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

African Development Bank President Donald Kaberuk

"My only concern about Chinese investment in Africa is there's not enough of it," Kaberuka said at a post-meeting news conference. Kaberuka had said earlier that Africa now finds itself in its best economic shape in decades, despite persistent poverty in much of the continent.

the government opinions and average african people's opinions shown in various international polls both showed what african people and governments opinions on china's involvement in african development.they are the people should say the issue,not those who lost their monopoly over the continent.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Are the Chinese pointing a gun at their heads?
The west "raped" them. Their own governments don't do #. The Chinese invest in them and now they are the bad guys?

Africa is open to everyone. Why don't you go there and offer them a better job?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Are the Chinese pointing a gun at their heads?

we chinese never do that,but when they first arrived in africa,they did and broke millions of families by selling local people into slavery.and they invented word" safari",shameless and blatantly robbed everything their.nobody really knows how many african people perished from several centurys plunder.

China is a giant locust and they won´t stop until everything is gone.

we have one fifth of the human population,but we dont consume one fifth of the world resources,per captia you guys consumes many many times more the world resources,i guess you are the real locust sucking dry the planet.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join