It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Beer Can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was sitting in my room bout 30 minutes ago when I noticed this empty beer can was moving all on it's own. Here are the links to the two videos I shot of it (hopefully I link it right). Can anyone explain??

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/EaoFb4z8vsQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/RirqPetP7jY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't think I linked that right, maybe this will work?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My first thought was "beer goggles," but after watching the video, I think it's a magnet under the table, moving the can or something magnetic inside the can.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Haha, "beer goggles"...who's moving the magnet though?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnoth
Haha, "beer goggles"...who's moving the magnet though?

You or anyone under the table. In the second video, your camera rocks back and forth in time with the can.

Please, try harder.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Dang, I should have included a shot where I moved under my desk and back up, I can assure you I have no magnets here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the laugh..

Yes, you should DEFINITELY try harder next time.

(Hint, no one has that many cans directly in front of their computer monitor / screen. Maybe even move them to the side a bit -- and only throw in 1 or 2. That many cans lined up makes people start to question. And you don't want that now.. do you?)

Thanks.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's prolly a water roach, some other kind of bug, or something underneath it moving the can!
What did you trap?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So you think it's a magnet too? Haha, and yea, normal people don't, but this is just what I typically drink in a night!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Was the the most recently consumed can?

1. A little condensation for lubrication and an airtight seal of the bottom rim of the can.

2. Slight warming causes the air in the concavity between the can and the tabletop to expand.

3. Viola! A mini hovercraft! The slightest vibration with an extremely low friction interface causes random movement

I have seen it myself on more than one occasion. With soda cans.

I swear. Soda.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wow, it only took 4 people to find someone smart! I'm impressed with this site...if 25% of people here are intelligent, that's FAR above the general population percentage.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashnoth

Who? Me?

Nah. I just drink a lot of....um....soda.

Research. Yeah , that's it . Research.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Haha, you actually explained it better than I could. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the fan behind me as well. But as soon as I put that last can down and it started dancing a few seconds later, I thought "cool." Then I wanted to put the people on ATS to the test. And, as I figured, I got a couple people that really couldn't figure it out, so they laughed at me and said "nice try." Then, someone smart! Good job my man. Keep up that "research" haha.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashnoth

New results;
It doesn't work with bottles.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
HA! Well have a good one man...drink a few more of those bottles.

Unfortunately, I gotta get up for work in the morning and should have been in bed an hour and a half ago...night!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnoth
Haha, you actually explained it better than I could. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the fan behind me as well. But as soon as I put that last can down and it started dancing a few seconds later, I thought "cool." Then I wanted to put the people on ATS to the test. And, as I figured, I got a couple people that really couldn't figure it out, so they laughed at me and said "nice try." Then, someone smart! Good job my man. Keep up that "research" haha.

Mystery solved...please no more "tests" (hoaxes).

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

thread closed

[edit on 9/29/2008 by kinglizard]

top topics

join