It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailouts - Why Whining Americans Don't Get It

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619
The problem I have is that the legislation being pushed on Congress by Bush, Bernanke, and Paulson is letting the people who should be accountable off the hook. That is a crime.

It is predictable. Justice should be the least of everyone's concerns when we are struggling against complete and total collapse. I find that just a little more concerning than whether a few idiotic fat cats are going unpunished for now.

It is nothing more than arguing in the burning house.

[edit on 2008/9/26 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You know, ordinary man like ME, can solve how to buy things when money is worthless. We can invent ourselves, what you can't do at all.

As many stated already, not I'm the sick between two of us. And not I'm the one who will be banished from the country. So, just tell me that I'm mentally ill, but...

#1. It's not going to change the fact, that you're wrong.
#2. It's not going to change the fact, that I'm right.
#3. You can't piss me off with this childish behavior. You should have a greater intelligence to achieve that and also you should be able to explain yourself instead of insulting others... what you can't to do due to the lack of intelligence.

So, in overall, be childish, it's not my problem. But don't advertise a fool action, what about you don't know anything at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why should the American tax payers reward wall street and the banking industry for failure? Why should we give them our money to loan back to us at exhorbitant rates? People need to go to jail, not be rewarded.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
#1. It's not going to change the fact, that you're wrong.
#2. It's not going to change the fact, that I'm right.
#3. You can't piss me off with this childish behavior.

Nyah! Nyah!

Seriously, wake up and grow up.

Try answering my questions.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You never took up any questions at all. You just saying, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. And honestly, you're pathetic. But it's not my problem at all. You want to piss me up, but it's not going to happen. And please remember for this conversation, when your dreamworld will be shattered. And imagine me as I'm drinking champagne for that moment.

Oh. Wait. There was one question what you took up. How am I going to buy champagne? I don't have too, because it's already in the refrigerator.

Get some intelligence, before you open your mouth, okay? No offense, but you're not a match at all. And as you can see, not I'm the one who is telling you, you're wrong. You may hide in your dreamworld, but the facts are not going to change. Put your head into the sand, but the world around you will be the same and reality will not change from that.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Zealotry in religion (now that we dismantled their army's) is just annoying but ultimatelly ignoreable because it only hurts you.

Your zealotry in making the current financial system an almost religious icon that needs to be saved at all costs however, that affects all of us... if you want to go all Opus Dei and flagellate yourself in the name of the dow continuing to exist please feel free. But trying to convince people of blatantly stupid (I don;t even want to call it this) logic that ignores the truth of the matter at hand... That makes me angry.

The current financial system was a system bound to fail the populace from day 1 by design... allowing it to limp along mortgaging more of our future every day would've been tantamount to the little boy in old yeller just tellin his siblings to be careful around the dog rather than putting it down. In situations like this where something has so obviously and blatantly FAILED you PUT A BULLET IN IT BEFORE IT KILLS ANYTHING ELSE.

Yep it'll suck but then maybe you won't need the travel channel anymore because you can afford to go on vacation not watch someone else do it. or at least your children will. But irregardless letting the financial system collapse won't make things any WORSE than bailing it out for the average man... SOrry to break it to you but it just won't either way we face hardship. But by letting the parasitic system die we'll have a light at the end of the tunnel. I'd prefer hope to certainty of disaster.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Sheridan

How are you going to buy your champagne when the money is meaningless?

There is a reason I said you were mentally ill. It's becoming more and more obvious.

Oh, you must mean after they are allowed to print another TRILLION dollars of funny money out of thin air to use for this bail out, thus creating super inflation and forcing the value of the US dollar to that of Monopoly money.

Makes great sense to me. While we are at it, lets print up another Trillion so we can start another war in another third world country.

After that, when the money is completely and entirely valueless we can all pile it into big mounds and burn it for warmth to heat our homes this winter.

Awesome

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why dont they just pay the american peoples mortgages with the billions as the banks etc would end up with the money anyway..............and the economy would recieve the boost it needed and lots and lots of citizens would be debt free ....almost

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I did sound a bit gloomy in my last post only because I feel that the greed and incompetentcy cannot be reversed. We do have solutions but I highly doubt it will happen.

Our solution is to make the United States a primary producer and exporter again. Yes this can be done but it will take real action on the part of our lawmakers and the powers that be will not like it.

Algae Oil... we can build an above ground ocean water pipeline to New Mexico, Arizona, North Texas. Water can be distilled there with solar for drinking but the primary purpose is to have a water source for the Algae Oil farms. Domestic use only until production is high enough to sell the "excess" as this will be paid for with billions of more fake govt money to get it up and operational in 2 years.. and yes, we can do it!

Not enough time to go into extreme detail but youtube algae oil and you will get the idea.

Secondly, the National Security Production Act of 2009 (catchy title) which states that production essential to our national security must be produced in the US. This includes all equipment needed for our utilities, military, energy, etc.

This will create a ton of high paying jobs in America (hey, the military is still paying $8 for a screw and a $1,000 for a toilet so we might as well pay Americans to make the damned things instead of making foreign companies rich or American companies that have outsourced (sorry to put it that way but it is true).

Next - The energy crisis act of 2009 - now it is time to void the patents related to 'working" alternative energies.. no longer can a company sit on or destroy technology that can transform the world. I can see a ton of start-ups coming out of this one. US carmakers would be #1 again, I can guarantee that. I would bet a water burning car would be on the market within 5 years (I bet as we would throw up a bounty or reward of a 100 billion for the universal rights to produce it with US automakers in the US for the next 10 years!)

Next - Telecommunications Break-up of AT&T and Verizon.... We started with one and broke it up only to find ourselves with 2 Giants again. No RBOC should ever have been allowed to merge with another. Bring back the telecom act of 1996. Huge gains will be made with true competition again! Not to mention a sh1t ton of jobs.

I have many more but you get the idea... Politicians... be heroes, take the bull by the horns here and use some "bailout" money on these programs NOW before it is to late.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If you think my post was pontificating, you obviously don't know me, I can do a lot better.

((On a more serious note: Congratulations on an excellent thread! I did not mean to offend or be patronizing))

We have an increasing large leak in one of our tires, the economy; I suggest adding air isn't going to 'fix' the problem, we need to close the hole. I know of no simpler analogy to describe my position on the matter. I'm not sure why the antipathy to this contrived 'inspiration' of mine. I suppose it is tiresome to be told that the economic model, rife for abuse and dependent on the inherent naivete of the Market; is a dysfunctional formula for continuity.

Suppose we understand that this solution includes elements of utter disregard for the citizen. A reusable 700 Billion dollar credit line? Legislating that the Treasurer operate autonomously with 'infallible' immunity? Are you serious? What do you think this is, a monarchy? There WILL BE NO ROYALTY in MY America, bank on that!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by red 5
I say let it happen. Let the banks go bankrupt and people loose the houses they can not afford. I am tired of taxpayers paying for all the stupidity of the masses. Not to mention that the federal income tax is actually illegal. Let it happen. Do not allow any type of black mail bail out to happen.

I am going to post this on as many threads as I can, because it is time people realize worse things can happen. For example giving all our money and freedom to the government.

AMEN..... I am with you.

I have called my Senators and Representatives every day this week and told the offices to let them know I am TOTALLY AGAINST this stupid bail out....
I am trying to do my best......

Let THIS CRIMINAL SYSTEM fall apart...we can re invent a NEW system that does not favor the elite.

please check out WWW dot VOTENOBAILOUT dot ORG............that site is trying hard like I am to fight this if possible.......go to that site and see what you can do from behind your computer screen.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I believe if you look at the US Constitution, you will find that the bail out is illegal as all hell and the Government has no authority to do it, but will anyways.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If you think my post was pontificating, you obviously don't know me, I can do a lot better.

It was a reply to Sheridan.

Originally posted by Maxmars
We have an increasing large leak in one of our tires, the economy; I suggest adding air isn't going to 'fix' the problem, we need to close the hole.

The bailout has to be an interim measure to keep the market in place. Think of it as stabilizing the patient before the operation. I would much rather reform be an issue when we can spare the time to focus on it. The situation right now is grave and time critical.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

By this guys post he is one of the silver spooned monied ppls,
or he is a hungry troll looking to get some flames started.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Most of us repeat for the millionth time... The patient shouldn't be SAVED... grampa or someone should take it out back and SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD.

It needs to die it's a parasite that has only survived a remarkably short 95 or so years and in that time has required multiple extraordinary measures to do so on multiple occasions. Again why is the banking system as it stands a tenet of your personal Religion? Only Dogma can inspire that kind of blind faith in an organism that has been in a state of failure or disarray for a fairly decent chunk of it's history... And yes the two bubbles internet and housing count as states of disarray. No sane person with full access to the internal info these people had at their fingertips could have seriously believed it would last....

So unless you're inclined to think that the ENTIRE crop of top banksters currently are stupid it's only logical to think that this is PART OF A PLAN... not negligence.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Oh, my. I believe your market mania will put you into the grave. You still don't understand do you? People has enough about the current market system and the thief elites. Not just in the U.S., but all over Europe. Why? Because the current market is an illegal thief guild, nothing more, whose are stealing openly, right in front of our eyes... but most of the people are not that blind as you Stevie boy.

Now, I leave you alone with your "Market is good, market is God, market can't make mistakes, time is crucial to save what we can from the thief guild" brainwashed thoughts. I have more important things to do, then bring light into your lil' brain.

P.S. I'd like to see your face when the real collapse will happen. Your "God" will fall into ashes. Your fanatic faith will be engulfed by flames and covered by the ruins. Oh, I really would like to see your face that time...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

You know nothing and understand less.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If you say so, but soon you'll see who is right and who is wrong. I have my champagne and I'm rarely loosing in anything. I'm always listening to my instincts and that's why I'm pretty good in business, where I never failed. And how about you? How do you prepare? Champagne for your victory? Oh, sorry. There will be no victory on your side. A coffin perhaps?

Come on Stevie Boy. Look the bright side of this. Change can be good and you don't have to fear of it. But maybe that's the difference between two of us. If the collapse will be avoided, what I doubt, I can live with it, also I'm not going to like that. If it's happening, I'm just glad for it and I will celebrate with the already mentioned champagne. And you? If the collapse happens, you'll target the first rooftop and jump. Take it easy. Life can be so beautiful, especially if money is just secondary in your life.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Steve,

I'm trying to say this as nicelly as possible so I'll keep it brief.... READ MY SIGNATURE.... Ok now that you're done with that. Realize that that dudes family is still a MAJOR player in world finance. In one of my earlier posts I pointed out that your logic only works if you consider a narrow time period. This isn't a short term problem no matter how much people want to think it's so... the crisis is so severe because it's been handilly put off for next week for decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join