It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]What is this thing constantly following me? [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
After writing this post, I know it's long but please just take a few minutes to read it before seeing the pic and judging for yourself... thanks. I've been reading these boards for about a month or so now I KNOW THERE ARE EXPERTS HERE THAT CAN HELP MY PROBLEM.

Brief back-story about me: I'm a 20 year old atheist, evidence-loving skeptical who is going to law school because I love solving problems in a rational way.

So, lately things haven't been going so well in my life. I'm very stressed out with school, and I have lots of anxiety and nervousness usually around midnight, or a little bit before, and it only lasts for a few hours. I am a night person, so 11 PM-2 AM is usually my favorite time of a 24-hour day. I do a lot of things during this time. A week and a half ago, I chose to go out into my backyard and drink tea. It was about 11 PM. I have an herb garden that I'm nurturing and the like for cooking. It was one of those darker nights out, although not a very cold night. I remember wondering why it was colder in my house than outside. I sat on the porch steps, sipping my warm, hot tea, and as I did, I was shocked to find that my inner thoughts started to become increasingly loud and uncontrolled, as if ten of me were talking loudly in my head at once, the volume increasing, pain in my head becoming violently apparent. At that point, a weight fell upon me of anxiety and fear. I don't recall so much of what I did in specific, but I ran inside and fell onto my couch in my living room. I have burns from spilt tea on my arm and fingers, and it hurts to type (but I'm a nerd, so I puts up wiff it).

I held my eyes closed, face dug into the couch pillows. The clammer began to stop slowly, and I started being able to understand my thoughts again. This image underneith my eyes, in my head. It's white, not terribly vivid, but the shape was very well burned in and defined. It looked like a floating mask, almost shaped like a frog's face, with a long, tall, white body that had arms that extended down probably two times longer than a human's. It's legs? It had no legs... it was... like a torso that extended down the legth of a normal body, as if it grew out of the ground. I focused on the image for awhile, not immediately making notice that it was anything more than just a shape. I opened my eyes, and like as if you stared into a light-source for a minute or two, the image, burned, still floated in my view. However, unlike a normal light-burn, it almost seemed to attach itself to the ground when I looked at the ground, or sat on a chair when I looked at a chair. It went away after a few minutes. That night was a terrible night. I was seriously so scared, I didn't sleep a wink, and didn't want to. I had work the next day; nothing seemed right. Every hour or so, I'd catch a quick glimpse of that burned-in figure. I tried not to think about it.

I came home from work and tried to study. No concentration. I thought maybe it was because I was hungry and tired... I just felt so drained, but I guess that's natural when you don't sleep a night with the work load I face every day. I walked to the kitchen, which is two rooms away from where I study. It passes through the living room where the sliding-glass door to my backyard is. I gave it a brief passing glance, the thought of what food to make for myself providing me a brief distraction from the events that transpired a night ago. What? My eyes caught a figure. Out on the porch steps, from side view... The mask! The frog mask! It floated there, like a mirrage, wavering and not staying the same shape. No #ing way that's real. I dejected it. I killed it with pure mind power. It blurred out of existence. I successfully forced myself into a state of denial. The image in my head of what I saw seemed like a bad UFO sighting... it could be anything... but I didn't want to go to any length to see what it was. I passed out shortly after. I slept for 11 hours. It was... awesom

[edit on 23-9-2008 by jayvis]

[edit on 28-9-2008 by alien]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sorry couldn't fit it all in the original post limit...

The week passed. I could write a book on the events of that week. Not only did I keep catching ever increasingly vivid glimpses of this foul entity that would last up to 15 seconds, but I actually began to think I was going insane... I began to notice little subtleties about the creature I had created in my head. Its characteristics are very fantasy-book. The face was the most vivid part about it, being a blurry, almost reflective white frog mask. I told my girlfriend about it in a very non-serious way. I think I told her most of it was from a nightmare I had. She said it sounded like Satan from the claymation movie, "The Adventures of Mark Twain", or more specificly, The Mysterious Stranger.

www.youtube.com...

This terrified me. A claymation look-alike to what I had been seeing for a week now for brief, flashing moments. It even does that same thing, where it comes out of the ground and the torso is an extension of the ground (from what I could tell).

The fear of seeing it is mostly non-existant now. The only time it's scary is when it appears outside of my window, or outside in the garden. Sometimes it'll be a very wavery and abrupt appearance in dim-light, in which it almost looks fake as if it were a prop from a 1970's horror movie. Up until a couple of nights ago, I thought I was just insane. And then... I found this picture of myself while looking at all my old computer files I had just moved onto my new computer. I'm 16 or 17 in this picture. Right there in the background is that very mother#ing monster I described to you. No doubt about it, it's exactly spot-on; the way it #ing stands, leaning over itself, its floating frog-like mask head, its extremely long, thin arms, and the subtle tattooing or detail around its arms and torso. I don't know what this thing wants from me, but I really want to know. I'm going to try talking to it next time it shows up, but it's usually not in a close enough distance from me and I'm usually too suprised to muster up even a sound before it's gone. I'm not scared of it. I won't be, and I can't be any longer. I just want to understand what happened to me.

I really am asking you guys here on ATS, what do you think it could be? Someone online who I told it to said it might be the tea. But that picture was taken 4 years ago, and he's in it as vivid as he's in my life right now. What is it? I really really want to know. Please help.

Here is the pic btw: i36.tinypic.com...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by jayvis]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I dont know dude..... what were you doing when this started? have you made anyone like really p###ed off at you? you said you were an atheist. do you believe in any thing occult? what about thought forms or just bad or left over energy?

Or maybe its just the tea...

wish i could help more maybe if you gave a bit more detail about it. when it started what you're thinking about, how are you doing with your friends and family, under allot of stress from work or school?

peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I had a dream about it once... spoke to it, something along the lines of "whatever you're afraid of, [something else I can't recall]" It faded out into nothingness, then a second later, grew up from the ground right infront of my face. Its face was angry, but non-hostile. The most suprising thing, I recall, is that it started humming off tune. I know, it's a dream... but it started humming, menacingly. It's really creepy even now after I think about it. Still, no real life sightings for today yet. It usually doesn't happen during the day, though, unless I'm in a bathroom or something closed off or dim-lighted.

I'll keep you guys updated tonight because its going to get dark here soon and thats usually when I see it.

I will try to bring a camera too although these things dont last for more than 15 seconds usually but I'll do my best.

And I'm not crazy, I don't have any mental problems I promise you, grew up completely normal and all that...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sounds like you may inadvertantly have created a tulpa! Tulpas are the Tibetan word for these creatures born from the mind.Tulpas are entities created from the mind and imagination of a hoste (that would be you!) under stress. I've heard of tales of polar explorers who were lost who created these, one of which actually attempted to share his chocolate ration with it. The nightmarish image you're talking about may have something to do with a subconscious association with something in your life which is giving you this stress.
What yu have to remember here is that you created it and you can get rid of it through sheer will power. Ignore it and it should go away. I wish you well with it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I didn't create anything in my head, sorry, its in the picture right there for everyone to see... still wanting to hear other opinions though.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Yep thats one of the same things i said pretty much same idea different culture/name...

But yeah OP you made you get rid of it... change the way you think, fix something thats wrong with you or some thing you dont like that bugs you, have you been lying to people, do you have an untold love or hate for someone.... this could be your mind telling you to shape up a bit.

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayvis
I will try to bring a camera too although these things dont last for more than 15 seconds usually but I'll do my best.

That would be great! A picture of a free-standing figure would be much easier to analyze than a reflection in a darkish mirror.

It's too easy for the human mind to find patterns in the random reflections of a dark mirror. As an example, I spotted a second "face" instantly upon looking at the original pic. I circled it in yellow below.

If it's any consolation, the "figure" is studying it's own beautiful countenance in the mirror, not concentrating on you.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I firmly believe that it means me no harm, and, although less, I believe that it has no ulterior motive. It's never tried to have anything to do with me besides observe me ponderously. Only once did I think I detected any anger towards me, and that might have been a mistake (its face changes in shapes subtlely and slowly, but constantly... so it looked angry at the time). When it appears out in the garden (it's done so twice now), it looks peaceful. A lot of the time when it appears, I've noticed, it's very comfortable. I saw it sitting in the kitchen on a chair briefly before getting up and shifting out of view.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you do not mind, can you please (OP) post a 'control' picture of the same area/room that is located in the picture that contains the anomaly? I would like to make comparisons, and similarities using a picture with the object against one (presumably) without the object in it.

Thank you, kindly.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

.... When it appears out in the garden (it's done so twice now), it looks peaceful. A lot of the time when it appears, I've noticed, it's very comfortable. I saw it sitting in the kitchen on a chair briefly before getting up and shifting out of view.

How do you feel when your in those parts of your house? do you go to your garden to relax or think about the day and calm down?

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thats so crazy! I def. have to go with the other poster that asked for another pic. I'm curious to see just how much this thing follows you. Have you ever seen it without taking a pic, or is it just something that you notice when going through your pictures? How often does it occur? Sorry for all the questions, but that pic really intrigued me

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I shapened the image, and ajusted the brightness/contrast. Looks like a reptile shaped head to me.

With the image cleared, up i see something strange, i dont know what,
but like another said, Take another photo, exactly the same way, with head in the picture, same lighting, objects in same place. etc

[edit on 23-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Okay, just like clockwork, the sunset came and there he errupted from the ground outside, behind the big redwood tree we have randomly in our backyard. I stared for about 5 seconds before realizing I've been waiting for it to show up so I can snap a picture. I looked down to flip my digital camera switch on (I have had it around my neck all day). In my haste, I turned it onto video. I hit record repeatedly, wondering why it wasn't taking the pictures. I couldn't even tell if he was there in anymore. The only recording that had any glimpse of my backyard was 1 second long (because I clicked it repeatedly thinking it was on picture mode).

So in short, I didn't catch it on film because I was fumbling.

Right now, that same image is burned in my eyes whenever I close them. It started after seeing it and trying to take the picture, which is about 25 minutes ago now.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Looks like something across the other side of the room possibly in a closet that was set up to reflect in the mirror so you could take the picture.
Looks deliberately put out of focus just slightly so we cant see exactly what it is and its probably something like a soft toy or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In the minds eye it's all static... but in this static you can form pictures. I've closed my eyes to see a grey 'working on me', but I left it at that.

You focus on something long enough and it manifests into a more and more convincable and real form. 'Thought-form' is the common definition. Some say these thought forms can become independent of the creator, and sometimes cause a fair bit of havoc. I believe this is the mechanism behind quija boards.

It's mostly just a reflection of your thoughts, so don't let fear get the better of you, as that will be reflected as well. It can be a good thing, if you let it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
could be just a play of light and shadows. Too little to go on and its just supposed to be a reflection in the mirror,right?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jayvis

Are you the last in your family?

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

... the subtle tattooing or detail around its arms and torso ...

Any chance of describing the 'tattooing'...or even if you can recall enough, maybe drawing/scanning it and showing us??

I know its a lot to ask, so if its not possible then no worries...

Peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I didn't create anything in my head, sorry, its in the picture right there for everyone to see... still wanting to hear other opinions though.

In my understanding, a tulpa becomes "real". It comes from your mind, but takes form in reality, and can be seen or leave evidence of actually "existing".

I read an article somewhere a while back that stated that the mind - particularly that of young females - can trigger 'quantum abnormalities'. It mentioned ouija boards and poltergeist activity being caused by this phenomena.

I just tried to find the article with Google and had no luck, but this, though not quite the most 'mainstream' explanation, seems feasible to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join