It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Alone Out There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had the feeling that they are the only one out there? That you are alone in a dying world, that you are only able to make decisions, while the others follow each other.

I have a devoted group of 5-10 friends, and I talk and have other friends. I talk to them and I feel that I am the only one the comprehend and make inferences. I see the most of this at classes. People sit there, taking in their 'knowledge', while I can obvious see the fault in much of the information sometimes, while others cannot see the relevance of it.

I also see it in the news. No one in any of my classes even thinks to question CNN or Fox or NBC or others. It doesn't cross their mind ever. Everyone thinks that they live in this perfect world. After taking a College English Studies class, which we focused about a month on the book 1984 and other components of it. We studied the influence of commercials, product placement, and false advertising. It was amazing their reactions, then, after class, they would forget about all of it.

Its a feeling where you are lost and have little power to deal with the problem at hand. Where you are facing a mountain of power you cannot even comprehend. It seems that so much work has to be done.

Watching the ignorance of the 'average' person. Does anyone else feel like they are living in a dream? I deny ignorance in my life everyday, no one listening. It doesn't make its way through the clutter.

I also feel a general shift in questioning the general way of thinking. I feel that we need to lead this. Does anyone else feel this too?

It feels being lost out there, where to goal is to push yourself to the top and have the maxium amount of pleasure?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
YES godyes! It is infuriating seeing people live like robots, I think there is more to life than this, how the general population live> Work,eat,poop,breed,die. Ever seen the film equilibrium, This is what we are turing into.

Star+flag

[edit on 21-9-2008 by monkeybus]

You gotta watch this film www.imdb.com...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So true. The general population is robots, always trying to get ahead without really trying to either learn and work. Their robots who follow their own path with ambition.

It has lead us into a endless circle controlled by others while we cannot control our own

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
The general population is robots,

you dont know how right you are

one answer to the general populations state of mind is located in your avatar on top of that tall building;-)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

one answer to the general populations state of mind is located in your avatar on top of that tall building;-)

So true, the information overload with Television and the Internet basically started our own destruction. We are constantly bombarded by television stars and actors telling us what to do, what to buy, and how to act.

It affects our thinking everyday for all of our decisions, whether we know it or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think this thread, needs to go somewhere>What can we do about it?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
During the Clinton/Gore administration, the used to have this program called "Reinventing Government" which spawned many sharp minds to think "outside of the box". This evolved into the internet which the Al Gore took credit for, but the hammer shows who did the real work. While the net is a good thing, it is much like the wild west.. A virtual wasteland. At least one can say that as long as you have the internet, you will never be alone. I just wish it was free..

Maybe in utopia... Anywayz, may the Republicans/Democrats or whoever gets elected in 2008 which propagate the "Reinvented Government" strategy. Its about us, isn't it? Makes ya wonder who is driving this ship, the Govt or the people. Eat,Sleep,Poop.. I loved that analogy. but everyone needs a sense of purpose in this life. Its up to the sharp youth to carry on the traditions.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

This is a direct response to the OP. I have sertinly felt that way. And its brought me alot of greif and problems because I didnt want to comform, and just go with the flow. Later on in life I found its best just to think these things to yourself than speak outloud like I did so much when I was young.
And the whole thing is. Being like this didnt get me anywhere different.
Those in school who did everything without question ended up with a high paying job, pushing numbers or doing something else.
Then theres me. The guy who disrupts class to question the status quo!
I always questioned everything, and it made perfect sense to me from what I was taught. I really am not sure where IM going with this because the outcomes are so many and so diverse that I got lost in thought!

So I keep on questioning everything, and have a deep thought for just about everything. Im that guy who doesnt talk much, I just sit back and take it all in now. Questions is what gets you put on the radar.
Its better to remain in the shadows until the right time.
Look at all those good guys who questioned the status quo.
They are dead...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanks for startung this thread. I was to start a thread about not feeling tuned in.

I do feel as if I am alone on this planet. Even when I interact with people, i don't seem to connect, neither do they. Long time ago I still felt connecting with someone at the same level. Meeting somebody felt like tuning in and after parting, tuning out. Now it feels like I am at this low, very mellow frequency and the rest of the world is in a high, out of control, fast paced frequency. First I thought it was because I am getting older. But what contradicts that is time seems to go faster. X-mas comming around feels every year shorter. I like it. But what disturbes me most is that people around me jut seem to notice less and less of me. As if I am slowly disolve into thin air. Like the invisible man.

Thought I share this. Wonder if others feel this way.

btw. I am completely happy with my life as it is. I am just describing this eiry feeling.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I dont like that reply, as it implies to do nothing, And I dont want to just go with the flow. It reminds me of a survival book, wich mentioned In the Event of a Plane Hijack to just put your head between your knees and wait for the inevitible, Wich is just WRONG.

That means, you will know that there is something wrong, but suffer in silence doing nothing reasoning with yourself "ill wait for the right time"then>too late you dead.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

That sound like a different thing, more like depression/Distancing from others, has bred contempt. Sorry to get personal but i dont think we are on the same level

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

It simply implies to do the right thing at the right time!! Never would I say dont ever do anything!! But one man can do nothing! Its an honest answer. One man can not challenge the status quo!
However if one man knows, and finds other men who feel the same way.
You wait within the shadows until the time is right!

But why would you want to be all out in the open. You realize that we are the "enemy" right. They would seek to put us in jail, prison or death.
Because like it or not, there are lines being drawn, and people are slowly being brainwashed into thinking the person next door could be a "terrorist". And or make people belive they need to thought control others. I say waiting and not making it known to all around you where you stand is a bit more "safe". Than proclaiming what you feel to the world, with no one standing behind you.

I sure dont want to make it known Im the enemy until I have some way to fight it!! I hope that clears it up for you.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You missed my last statement. I am completly happy. Just desctibing this eiry feeling. I am not depressed at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It might be quite possible that those you are observing are the normal folks and well, the ignorant might be those sitting back and thinking how ignorant these folks are lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Ok, but what i am also saying is not to wait for some rebel, but to think. Possibly collectivley in a group who feels the same(like this thread) On what One man can do. Or a small group, what could we do to inturrupt the mainstream life and make people notice?(not terrorism!)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey monkey Bus..
Its quite unsettling to know that what we are talking about here is a form of terrorism!! Yep as crazy or off base as that might sound. Its said on the MSM that our thoughts here and where they lead us is a form of what is coined "home grown terrorist"!

Anyone who questions the government. Anyone who would like to see big changes are just that Terrorist. When we think of terrorist we think of guys with bombs, guns or something else to hurt people. But the term is being throw around so losely these days.

Like Bush said.. You are either With us.. Or aginst us.

What group do you think we fall into? Yep thats right Aginst us.
Which they feel is a form of terrorism.

Even thinking such things, and asking questions is now noted as being a terrorist. That is why I keep my head down.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Then fine, What should we call our 'Terrorist' Group?

(just to be clear, the only form of 'terrorism' i would perform would be TV signal hijacking, and Hacking(wich i am not any good at))

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Well, in fact, speaking of terrorism......

Yesterday, I felt inclined to go see the movie, "Traitor". I thought it was decent, but what really shocked me was how true it was and the propaganda surrounding it. It was about Islamic Jihadism. Their goal was to 'strike fear into everyday Amercians so that they think that they are never safe'. They did this by planning to put bombs on buses across America.

In my mind, I think the Bush took off on 9-11 and turned everyone into a fearing citizen. That is what the Republican's are doing in this election. They are 'scaring' American's into electing them. Have we not seen a rise in violence in the past few weeks?

The Republican's, believe it or not, and still in the Oval Office because of the war, and that they scared Americans into thinking that there are terrorist everywhere. Rudy Guilani's sentences contain a verb, noun, and the words 9-11. The bombing in Pakistan, the Embassy attack in Yemen (www.abovetopsecret.com...), and the spike in violence in Afghanistan could have easily been their workings to elect McCain.

There are other forces at work, and once the public learns that, they will demand a answer.

new topics

top topics

join