It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson: Foreign banks can use U.S. rescue plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Paulson: Foreign banks can use U.S. rescue plan

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Sunday that foreign banks will be able to unload bad financial assets under a $700 billion U.S. proposal aimed at restoring order during a devastating financial crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Boy Oh Boy

you just gotta' love it

This Is Just So Obvious

What Is Really Going On

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-21-08 by tsEnigma]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yup, its so funny how obvious he makes it, and no one is doing anything. I am not too worried. My old mom majored in Economics, and specializing in International Banking and banking policy.

Once she gets worried, I will be, but until then, I remain suspicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wow, now they're using the largest financial and real estate heist in history to further their economic imperialism.

Gotta' hand it to these guys. I have a hard time believing, however, that any foreign investment firm would, in their right mind, allow themselves to be bought by the US's failing economy. Although there isn't much anymore that would surprise me.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tsEnigma

Thanks for these links. I've seen some of those movies before. Am looking forward to tghe 3 1/2 hour long one.

Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

i will be paying for a foreign banks aid (saudia arabia, england, china) this is at my expense, 37,000 per tax payer in the us, to bail out rich foreign and domestic banks. it is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As OUTRAGEOUS as his statement is, I think 700 Billion is far too little to even touch the global problem. Consider that banks worldwide pumped 250 Billion into the system last week just to keep banks lending. Or that the Federal Reserve has blown through 900 Billion just bailing out companies so far. Or that the Derivatives that have been created in the last 4 years stand at 1,000 Trillion.

This Debt problem is analogous to a heroin addict who is getting less and less bang for his buck and overdoses while 'chasing the dragon'. The balance sheet of the US is overdosing on Debt and our 'dealers' know it. Loss of confidence will end our reserve currency status, which will bring home all the Dollars ever printed.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
As OUTRAGEOUS as his statement is, I think 700 Billion is far too little to even touch the global problem.

The devil is in the details. It is 700 Billion at any moment. Not 700 billion total. The gvmt can keep cycling and losing money at an infinite depth as long as the pace is 700 Billion at a time.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

But first they would have to 'sell' it off the balance sheet. No one's had any luck doing so yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
HimWhoHathAnEar

you're absolutely right, this bailout talk won't have the effect they describe.

this is the same they have been doing all along, in gradually larger and larger amounts.

and the crisis just gets worse & worse

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

You will really like that one, it's very "Illuminating"

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tsEnigma

Yeah, I think they would have a real problem if they asked for the 50-100 Trillion that might actually buy us another run of Debt creation.
Buying a chance to go further in Debt, I'm cracking myself up, Sorry. There simply is no way out except defaulting on debt. Which as anyone who has undergone that process knows, has really nasty side effects as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I AM FED UP! If they go through with this, and start using OUR money for even more bail outs, then there is no more obvious a requirement for open revolt against the government than this! Our founding fathers revolted against their controllers over taxation without representation, which seems trivial compared to this. It matters not how big the operation of such foreign banks in the US really are. It was an outrage for the government to bail out Fannie and Freddie even AIG. To even consider the idea of foreign bail outs is CRIMINAL. I have virtually NO FAITH in any member of Congress now.

Note: I am not advocating the violent overthrow of the government. I am merely stating the events that would justify such an action.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As a UK citizen, I would like to thank the great people of the USSA for buying all the bad debt we bought from your banks. I also hear Lehman Europe want their dosh back from your end.

Again, thank you - we appreciate it!

[edit on 21-9-2008 by melatonin]

top topics

join