It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manna mystery solved, and it's not magic mushrooms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

In this 9 min video I make a case that the Manna spoken of in the Bible may be the Terfezia and Tirmania Desert Truffles of the Middle east region.

In doing so, I am also refuting the idea that Manna was any variety of psychedelic mushrooms, a theory widely held by alternative researchers.

I look at the following characteristics of manna and compare them with what we know about the desert truffle and contrast that with the psychedelic mushroom theory.

I quote from the following well reference article from the University of Wisconsin Botany department called

“Fungus of the month January 2007”
by Elinoar Shavit and Tom Volk

botit.botany.wisc.edu...

here are some factors I considered
Sustenance capability
Geography
habitat
it is said that manna was white and tasted like wafers in honey.
Numbers 11:7 adds that manna was like coriander seed, the color of bdellium,
Numbers 11:8 adds that it could be ground, pounded, boiled and made into cakes.
Timing of Manna Fall
Appeared overnight in the morning
It becomes infested with maggots when left out,
It melts in the sun
It is Small and round
And it appears suddenly, without seed or root.

I think that everything that the magic mushroom theory does the truffle does better, and everything that magic mushroom theory doesn’t do the truffle does do.

Weigh the evidence for yourself but I think it is very clear.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think this is most probably the case. Desert truffles sure seem to fit the bill on so many different levels. Thanks for this post.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting post and video. I learned something I didn't know before.

Also, you've convinced me. I suspect your hypothesis may be correct.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks very much.
I am looking into some more aspects of this, i will post more info when its ready.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yeah I never agreed with manna being magic shrooms either. That stuff was totally evil and vilified just like it is today, way back then.

I suppose it was a mystery for some, and for others it might have given them some kind of holy justification for consuming the natural psychedelic.

The truffles do seem like a more likely candidate than the magic mushroom, however after experience, and peer comparison of independent similar experiences under certain favorable conditions, Jesus would have been all about consuming psychedelic mushrooms.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision
The truffles do seem like a more likely candidate than the magic mushroom, however after experience, and peer comparison of independent similar experiences under certain favorable conditions, Jesus would have been all about consuming psychedelic mushrooms.

well Im not sure I follow the logic there but hey, and I can't really speak for Jesus either. but I do have a feeling he wouldnt like his apostles wigging out all the time.

Im sure he thought his teachings in themselves were quite profound and so revolutionary that they deserved to be meditated on with as clear a head as possible.

for the record I have taken "shrooms" many times when I was younger.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti

Originally posted by iiinvision

well Im not sure I follow the logic there but hey, and I can't really speak for Jesus either. but I do have a feeling he wouldnt like his apostles wigging out all the time.

Im sure he thought his teachings in themselves were quite profound and so revolutionary that they deserved to be meditated on with as clear a head as possible.

for the record I have taken "shrooms" many times when I was younger.

Life isn't always about logic my friend. Many people take shrooms, but under certain contexts which may or may not be conducive to spiritual growth. Under the right conditions, many psychedelics are extremely beneficial and hyper conducive to spiritual growth and consciousness expansion.

Not to say they are necessary, as achieving higher consciousness without them is entirely possible, but NO ONE is to say that it is detrimental to that achievement. Everyone, including myself, has opinions about everything that are both correct and incorrect at the same time.

My argument is that while mushrooms may not be the ''manna'' of old, that doesn't rule out the positive effects of consuming natural psychedelics, under certain conditions.

After experiencing the positive effects and studying and observing the positive effects on others in professional, quasi-professional, and recreational settings, and then comparing them with my own and others, I have found that Jesus definitely would have been all for natural psychedelic consumption.

Now, who am I to say what Jesus would have done? Well the reason I feel entitled to speak on behalf of one of my greatest teachers, is that I have experienced the so-called ''Christ Consciousness'' myself and spoke with the multidimensional, ascended master himself. He's not really a he, either. Nor a she, but rather something akin to a symbol. A symbol that represents true love(not the touchy feely love) for all life in the universe.
Love is the key, is what he said to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
was the manna not described as sweet and grain like? does this match the truffles?

just to make sure you aren't fixing the facts around the theory.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
was the manna not described as sweet and grain like? does this match the truffles?

just to make sure you aren't fixing the facts around the theory.

I talk about the sweetness ("like wafers made with honey")in the video.
I think it fits

do you know where it mentions the grain-like part i dont think it says that but maby they use another term.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
volcano,
erruption

land of milk and honey

the milk being the ashes from the erruption turing the river white
the honey being the manna ,. the sweet componet of conspiracy

if i had a volcano in my back yard every weekend for shows id make you milk and honey

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

give me some time...i will find what i can. I am not Christian, but I am pretty well versed in Christian writings.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ok, here is what i got...

in Psalm 78:24 you will find the passage that i refer to. Depending on the translation you get different values for "grain". Some refer to "grain", some to "food", and some to "corn" (which i find strange, as corn was not known to the people of Moses, was it?).

www.biblegateway.com...

Now...i cannot do Greek or Hebrew. Perhaps someone else can, to find the original passage?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Does anyone recognise the name Thomas Volk there! from the video a few weeks ago (Dial 2! CIA!) Mycologist etc.

Somewhat unrelated i know...but interesting seeing his name pop up again.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It means not of gold (Gog) or sporadic (of earth)

Hence magic!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nice to see you again BFFT.
Corn & maize are indigenous to the Americas. Rule those two out.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
whay can't it just be what they said it was manna from heaven, supplied by God in his way???
why must you work so hard to find a scientific equivalent.

have a little faith.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
whay can't it just be what they said it was manna from heaven, supplied by God in his way???

have a little faith.

Wrong website if you want others to take things on faith.

Let me explain my concept of faith:

Nothing arises without causation. This is the Universal Law of Consequence. Our Creator made this as a divine law, and it allows some sense of sanity in the framework of our universe. Without it, we would have random events happening without causation, and it truly would be like from a Douglas Adams novel.

Even our Creator must abide by this law (the reason Jesus did not step off the edge of the cliff? As surely he knew that the Universal Law of Consequence would be unchangable).

So, He cannot just make manna appear out of nothing. Some causation must be in place for it to exist. Finding this causation would be a wonderful boon to our world, as it would allow for possible replication.

Maybe the Haitians eat manna when they are making those dirt cookies?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Actually i'm with Laurence Gardner on this ...Manna was monotomic high spin gold that is in powder form and can be ground into cakes. Egyptians ate these cakes as well .... or the Pharoa at least. Solomon was actually a manufacturer of this manna, maybe because of the ark of the covenant and it's power. Supposedly they've proved it today that this monotomic gold has levitative characteristics in that form. .. Alchemy in other words. Can actually be bought for ingestion today...and i've tried it. It works! ..it's expensive but it works. For meditation purposes ... it feeds your lightbody. Jesus was in this same line as Solomon and was most likely an alchemist ...going back to egypt via Moses(akhenatan) and sumeria to Abraham's dad Terah. Interesting subject imho.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
ok, here is what i got...

in Psalm 78:24 you will find the passage that i refer to. Depending on the translation you get different values for "grain". Some refer to "grain", some to "food", and some to "corn" (which i find strange, as corn was not known to the people of Moses, was it?).

www.biblegateway.com...

Now...i cannot do Greek or Hebrew. Perhaps someone else can, to find the original passage?

well it definitely can be used as grain, that is it is common to grind it up and use it for bread etc. Its actually very diverse as far a cooking goes.

I think there is no contradiction there. thanks for looking it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

have a little faith.

there were still many miraculous things that must have happened even though He would have used the laws of nature to facilitate it.

for instance the quantity and timing, the fact that everyone supernaturally gained the exact amount the family needed etc.

I find that God often uses things within these laws of nature in answering my prayers, does it make them any less of miracles?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join