It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by Valhall

I have to agree. There is a reasonable solution but it seems the city in control isn't going to look for it as it is easier to just throw up hands and say 'no can do'.

It is said the officials are working on another plan. Stall another another week or two and it will solve itself. Wonder if the residents are rethinking their vote for the city officials.

I guarantee that if I lived there, I would seriously consider who I voted for in the next local election. As it is, I'm in the middle of packing to leave this state (Texas). My seventh major move in just 10 years. Can't wait to find a home and finally settle down.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A rumor had been spread around over the last couple of days claiming that people were dragged in by the Gulf of Mexico.

Myfoxhouston.com Washed Away!

How convenient. Instead of revealing the real death toll, they just blame it on the Gulf of Mexico and the storm surge. FEMA and the National Guard were simply there after IKE hit for clean up reasons. Whether they incinerated the bodies or simply dumped them somewhere it is still absurd.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let's hope nothing else is heading our way...

Red Cross Said Unready for Major Disaster

The American Red Cross would be overwhelmed by a natural catastrophe or terrorist attack in key U.S. cities, a government survey says. The Red Cross and other disaster relief charities aren't prepared to meet projected mass casualty needs from a major disaster in such cities as Washington, New York, Los Angeles and Miami, the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office said in a study released Thursday. The non-profit organizations have federal responsibilities for assisting the government in feeding and sheltering victims. The report further criticized the Federal Emergency Management Agency for not clearly explaining the roles each should play in a disaster, The Washington Post reported. While spending about $80 million upgrading its equipment, the Red Cross, the nation's largest disaster relief organization, plunged into debt to provide aid after Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. In an unusual step, it asked the U.S. Congress for $150 million in emergency funding.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is a long thread and I'm currently using some dial-up crap computer (thanks to Ike) so I haven't read the whole thing, but there is a possibility that the reason there's been such a lockdown on media and communication is that a good number of bodies have bullet holes in them and somebody doesn't want us to see that and start asking "why?".

Edit to add: They did afterall warn people who stayed behind in certain areas that it was "certain death".

Peace

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Latest news is that people on the island are becoming "seriously ill" from respiratory and digestive viral or bacterial infections. No speculation on possible causes.

As for access to the island, it's pretty simple to assign specific areas of the island (with proof of residence) on specific days. Divide the island into several grids and have the news cover it, detailing on what day residents from each grid can pass onto the island.

We were wondering if the bio lab was using animal test subjects and what precautions were taken with them? We've already seen a tiger get loose after not being fed.....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I can't believe that no one has brought up the fact that scattered throughout the region, freeport, and high island are the nation's oil largest strategic oil reserves. Folks, there is so much more to what's going on here than merely "where are the bodies" the fact that there are potentially thousands of people missing. This, like so many other cover-ups boils down to money and oil. I know it's incredibly difficult to believe, but the government has had a long term plan for slowly removing people from these areas as our supply and foreign relations continue to dwindle. Evacuating people is an effective way of doing this. The bottom line, is that they do not want people living here in the future. Controlling the weather sounds far-fetched, but so did the idea of computers back in the 1920's.

Here are some questions everyone needs to ask themselves:

1.) Why is it that there are hundreds of first-hand accounts from rescued people, where military helicopters simply passed over them time and time again, without any rescue?

2.) Why is it that there are first-hand accounts of survivors in these areas not receiving any help, water or food?

3.) Of course everyone knows now of the media blackouts. But why? Why were all the major news outlets denied access to specific areas? because they may "get in the way?" Yeah, sure.

4.) Restricted air access so no one gets in the way of rescues? Yeah, right. look, in disasters like this, it's common knowledge the authorities will typically REQUEST that news crews help in locating survivors. The more manpower the better. So the restricted air space is a pathetic excuse for such a ban. Does no one remember all of the people including freaking celebrities, who flew to Louisiana so they can help after the storm hit?

5.) There are first hand accounts of the skies littered with military helicopters in for the first 48 hours after the storm over the worst hit areas. This is the same time that the media blackout became a big story. Now that media is able to get into these areas, and we're getting more and more images, don't you find it odd that there are nearly zero bodies? What we're all those helicopters really doing?

6.) The media is saying "we may never know how many people died" Gee, I wonder why?

The answers to the above questions is simple. This entire disaster is 100% controlled by the highest levels of our govt. Local officials are innocent. I'd be surprised if Rick perry is involved. He's probably just as clueless as everyone else. Do your own research people.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
On the KPRC news website there is video footage as a reporter does a "walk through" in downtown Galveston and a few surrounding neighborhoods. Most buildings had 6 to 9 feet of water inside. The reporter stated that the smell inside these buildings was pretty bad, due to the mold present. Mold is a huge inhalation hazard that can cause a myriad of unpleasant symptoms and illnesses. It's probable contributing greatly to people falling ill in the hurricane affected areas. Hygiene is also a problem due to lack of fresh water. Not to mention the rotting animal carcasses that have been reported to be scattered about. It must be just a hellish place to be.

Noticed also that some news affiliates (even MSM ones) are quietly suggesting that many vitims may never be found due to being washed out to sea. I have feared this to be the case, since there seem to be so few bodies to recover. So very sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone suffering from this disaster.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

Yes. I read a report that there were animal labs. I will try and find it. There have been conflicting reports as to the containment procedures in the lab specifically.

Biolab

The Robert E. Shope Laboratory is located in the Keiller Building on the sprawling University of Texas Medical Branch campus in Galveston. The basement of the Keiller Building flooded during the storm, but UTMB reports there was no loss of biocontainment or biosecurity. All labs were decontaminated and secured prior to the storm, with all infectious agents stored in proper containers, according to UTMB. However, UTMB's statement contradicts claims by state and federal officials that the lab's pathogens were destroyed before Ike hit. For example, Texas Gov. Rick Perry's spokesperson told CNN that the lab's pathogens were purposely destroyed before the staff evacuated the facility. Officials with the Department of Homeland Security also told the network dangerous materials were destroyed. CNN reported on questions about the pathogen destruction claims raised by an unnamed former UTMB student who worked at the lab. She said she would be surprised if all of the pathogens had been destroyed, since some of them are rare and very valuable -- though she did note that the lab was designed to withstand hurricanes:

At a minimum they confirm there were mice and "door" problems before

But there have been security problems at the Shope lab before. In January of this year, for example, the lab was temporarily shut down after an internal security door failed twice. The door was in a lab holding mice that had been exposed to the deadly and highly contagious bird flu virus.

In the meantime you should be aware that the Galveston lab also shares some questionable technology with Texas A & M...

Texas A & M Hid Facts About Striken Biolab Student

Texas A&M University failed to report in a timely manner to Federal authorities that a biology student was stricken with the dangerous brucella pathogen in its College Station laboratory for bioweapons agent research on February 9th of 2006. The university made its disclosure this April 10th, 14 months later, and only after insistent prodding by the Sunshine Project, an Austin, Tex.-based arms control watchdog organization. Under Federal law, such incidents are supposed to be reported within seven days to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. The student, thought to be a woman, was seriously ill for several months with brucellosis but recovered. The disease is believed to kill between two to three percent of those it infects. The student, whose name and gender has not been disclosed by Texas A&M to Sunshine, apparently came down with the disease, also known as undulant fever, attempting to clean what is called a Madison Aerosol Chamber(MAC) where mice had been exposed to aerosolized brucella particles. The accident occurred in a lab under the supervision of Texas A&M professor David McMurray, inventor of the (MAC). According to Sunshine, the case of the stricken student is the third report of a serious illness in connection with the chamber’s use. On one occasion, a leaky aerosol chamber was responsible for three tuberculosis infections in a Seattle lab in 2004.

Questionable at best

The work of the Texas universities, like that of approximately 400 other Federally-funded labs across the nation, may involve pathogens that could possibly be used for offensive germ warfare, banned by the 1972 Biological and Toxic Weapons Convention(BTWC), which the U.S. signed. It prohibits “development, production, stockpiling, and use of microbes or their poisonous byproducts except in amounts necessary for protective and peaceful research.” According to Professor Francis A. Boyle, an international legal expert at the University of Illinois at Champaign, “Aerosolization and an aerosol chamber are a classic tip-off for the prohibited research, development and testing of an offensive biological weapon in violation of the (BTWC) and its U.S. domestic implementing legislation, the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, which provides for life in prison.” Boyle wrote the 1989 Act, passed unanimously by both Houses of Congress. He is also author of “Biowarfare and Terrorism,” published by Clarity Press.

Madison Chamber

Many Madison chambers are used for tuberculosis studies; but others are used for biodefense. In December 2003, the Madison chamber was presented at a National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) biodefense workshop. Biodefense use includes: At Texas A&M University, scientists are using it to aerosolize brucella and Q fever. At the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, it is used by an anthrax researcher funded by the Department of Defense and NIAID.

Sorry for all you are going through. Maybe you should run for Mayor the next time around. Be safe and thank you for your informative posts.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fourth Reich Black Curtain Around Galveston: Witnesses Claim Thousa
Posted by: "Michael Mandeville" [email protected] mwmande

BULLETIN ITEM: Fourth Reich Black Curtain Around Galveston

MWM: A news black-out has been implemented on the Texas Coast amidst reports of thousands of dead bodies seen floating and lying in the area. By forbidding fly-overs and ground access, no news teams can get to the worst areas. Discussions about an estimated 20,000 deaths are now emerging on the Iway. Just what the confirmable facts may be cannot be clearly stated at this time, but generally where there is smoke there is fire, where the government is covering things up, people are being manipulated, where secrets are kept, dark facts live.

Sidenote: do you realize that controversies around Palin have been used to almost completely switch the topic and block the hole in news coverage, where nothing of significance was covered, until the sudden drops this week in the financial markets? The training and submission of the News Media appears complete.

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:10:29 +0200
Subject: Homeland Sec Censorship: No Fly Zone over Galveston Texas so news
can't see floating bodies no]

Since when is this a threat to national security - or to protect us from terrorists?

The Constitution "is just a piece of paper"

Welcome to the Fourth Reich!

No Fly Zone over Galveston Texas so news can't see floating bodies

no fly zone Galveston Texas dead bodies - Google Search
Address:www.google.com...

just got this in my email, hmm

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My nephew is in the Coast Guard and his unit was sent to Galveston last week-end. They did a few fly-overs and he said they saw no bodies. I know my nephew well enough to know that if he saw bodies, he would have told us so. His unit was sent back because they have too many S&R teams there. This is why they made a no fly zone due to the large number of S&R teams in the area.

His opinion is bodies may have been washed out into the gulf. I think they may start finding bodies when they start moving debris. I still think they should have let reporters go in by boat.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WELL I've just spent the last 4 hours reading this ENTIRE thread and it has been very interesting. And I've been looking all week for info like this. Here's what I have to say...........

1) I remarked earlier in the week (on another site) on the remarkable lack of coverage on Galveston. I guess my "hinky" antennae were quivering too.

2) TAX ROLLS The IRS will know EXACTLY how many people aren't responding (the missing list) Good luck on anyone ever getting THIS info. But you longterm folks seem extremely intrepid, so, who knows?

3) BIOLAB located ANYWHERE on the Gulf Coast..... assume this was planned. No simple idiot could make a mistake this big!

I'm going to bookmark this site and check back. I hope the fellow who mounted his own rescue mission posts again.

Carry on fellow seekers. Glad I found you.

And PS I think the weather is being controlled and I think this was a very deliberate hit. The NWO has its icky hand here too.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My heart just goes out to all those people who have lost loved ones and lost homes etc I cant even imagine what they are all going through.
And the Gov ought to be ashamed of themselves about not allowing the Media to at least show the world they are doing something to help find them .Some news is better than none ...the best interest of those who have loved ones missing are NOT BEING MET here at all .

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Flyover of the West End done on Monday:

www.khou.com...

Here's video that was of a flyover from Monday that was aired live:

(click on "Aerial: West End" under "Frank's Tours" on the right)

www.click2houston.com...

No bodies.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
However this turns out, someone must have got the numbers very wrong.

Initial claim was 20,000 people stayed on the island.

The last day or so it has been reported that 6,000 people are still on the island and around 3,000 evacuated.

Looks like an extra 10,000 people must have left before the storm.

So the officials had the number wrong from the start and feared big casualty count. If that many people lost their life then the bodies would be obvious as they all wouldn't wash away or be totally covered with debris.

If think that the officials believed that people would not survive the storm if on the island but that turned out to be not true.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So now....

By the lowest body count by all my contacts - USCG, ARC, ETC> ;

we have @10,000 US citizens unaccountred for.

The answer is -- nobody has an answer.

We have spin; Beltway Boogie; Texas Two Step;

And a lot of friends and family that will not be satisfied with the above.

We will not go away.

I have written 4 US Senators, 6 US Representatives; the DHS; FEMA and I have received exactly SQUAT as an answer.

The only meaningful; data for the last 72 hours has come from this thread.

Thanks all.

The MSM has moved on to the headline du jour.

If you do not have a personal inhterest in south Texas you are SOL.

I rest my case.

But the citizen militia of family and friends is activated.

Sneaky Pete - out.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, it appears it's at the UTMB facility near the Strand (which flooded by up to 9 feet and is sitting at about 4 feet floodwaters right now). I wouldn't THINK that would have anything to do with the lack of coverage on the west end.

But it's scary to find out they would put such a lab on a barrier island...wowzer, we have some real intellectual-midgets making decisions in this country.

Well, there is a similar facility near Long Island Sound in New York. They most likely built it on an island due to the quarantine factor. It is much easier to quarantine an island as opposed to some mainland area. If you think about it, the location serves a purpose which outweighs the threats. It is similar to The Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral. They have a huge risk of a Hurricane impacting them, and Summer thunderstorms (Producing Tornadoes, Hail, Lightning Strikes, etc.) causing damage. However, the location's proximity to the Equator and its overall number of clear days are ideal for the operations going on there.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
My nephew is in the Coast Guard and his unit was sent to Galveston last week-end. They did a few fly-overs and he said they saw no bodies. I know my nephew well enough to know that if he saw bodies, he would have told us so. His unit was sent back because they have too many S&R teams there. This is why they made a no fly zone due to the large number of S&R teams in the area.

His opinion is bodies may have been washed out into the gulf. I think they may start finding bodies when they start moving debris. I still think they should have let reporters go in by boat.

One of the specialized International Search and Rescue Units (USAR) hails from my hometown. They travel all over the world, from Turkey, to Indonesia, and of course all over America. These folks are good, and they definitely know what they are doing. If anyone is holding out alive, they will find them, I guarantee you that.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe

We will not go away.

I have written 4 US Senators, 6 US Representatives; the DHS; FEMA and I have received exactly SQUAT as an answer.

Sneaky Pete - out.

So you write to Homeland Security during the Galveston Recovery, and you expect an immediate response? The same goes for the Congressional and Senatorial officials. They do not respond "immediately", as they receive thousands of letters a year. They have Assistants, Secretaries, and Departments that go through this mail before they are even allowed to touch it.

Just out of curiosity though, what exactly did you write to them about? Would you be willing to post a copy?

Also, which Senators and Congressmen did you write to?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hiyall,
I don't post often, still pretty new here and this isn't 'news' as such, just a report from someone (My SO) who is in the area but:
He called tuesday, finally had cell service and he called tonight. He is saying that we have more info where I am (in another state) than they are getting. He says there is a total news blackout down there and they still haven't seen overflight pictures or anything on the news about the West End. I'll send him pictures from the sites that people here have found via email. But he will have to wait as there is still no internet access where he is at. He says the people there are very aware of being blacked out and that something is up with the West End. The rumors where he is at is that if they showed the West End SAR they would be showing the bodies of whole families being pulled out of houses, etc.
This is just what one person said who is on the ground there. I've no idea how much is accurate. But I decided to post it for what it's worth...
I'm am praying that it's not as bad as people down there think it is, (or as bad as I'm afraid it is) and praying for everyone in the area or with family/friends down there. As he said, "All anyone is able to do down here at the moment is pray." So I will.
~anahna

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I honestly don't know about the total loss of life and don't like to speculate especially when relatives might be reading. All I can say is this:

News reports live during the approach of the storm showed quite a few people still in the area. In addition to residents who refused to leave there were quite a few storm tourists, surfers, etc on the news.

One local station finally showed a "walk through" with one of the reporters driving and walking through the west end. No bodies but based on the condition of the houses if people were still in them the chance of being washed out to sea seems very real. In addition to a 9 foot plus storm surge at least one tornado touched down in the middle of a group of beach houses, destroying at least one completely.

Too many of the houses had missing walls, open to the sea. Huge holes in roofs - everything leaning 30 degrees toward the last surge....

The local Galveston authorities seem a lot more upset on camera than the various discussion subjects would explain. A couple of them seem to be constantly on the verge of total break down. I understand they have seen far less sleep lately than needed but my instincts are screaming about this one.

People in boats have been coming on shore and stealing property according to a deputy shown watching the bay with a long rifle in hand. Looters in boats?
unreal

[edit on 19-9-2008 by nfotech]

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join