It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence is Overwhelming

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

"knowing that he has but a short time..." the guy is in a panic. this planet is like a galactic hot potato right now. big things happening in very high places.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
The thing is, there is absolutely NO evidence that Jesus existed. There is evidence that a man who would later be turned into jesus by historians lived, but none that the man jesus, as christians believe in him, existed.

A large number of historians now agree that the man labeled jesus was actually an egyptian pharoah. Others think he was a mythical being, nothing more. Some think he was a metaphor.

But I defy you, show me one piece of hard evidence that the christian "jesus" lived.

OOO. your gonna smoke a turd in purgatory for that one!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dear Bombeni

Don't bother arguing with those anti-religious goons they won't listen to you anyways.

Just shrug them off an go about your day like they never existed XD

The only thing they do is ruin good religious topics. They see the word Jesus, and automatically go into attack mode. It's pretty funny actually.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

A large number of historians now agree that the man labeled jesus was actually an egyptian pharoah. Others think he was a mythical being, nothing more. Some think he was a metaphor.

"Large number"

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSurrender
Dear Bombeni

Don't bother arguing with those anti-religious goons they won't listen to you anyways.

The only thing they do is ruin good religious topics. They see the word Jesus, and automatically go into attack mode. It's pretty funny actually.

Dear NeverSurrender--

Non-believers consider it pompous, but I can't just forget about them; I don't hassle the unsaved, but I can't shake the sadness of so many souls at risk. But then, wasn't everything foretold? The Bible says "the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

I will make a thread about the Forensic discoveries and MORE...

He wouldn't leave without a REAL AMAZING proof. Faith was sufficient for the last 20 centuries, now we have Science:

The only problem about the Shroud was the 70's C14 analysis, pointing at somewhere between the 1300s and 1400s. But this can be easily refuted:

That is the timeframe for an historical and well documented BLAZE in the church in Italy, resulting the triangular marks on the sheet. So, if we assume that this was the sheet's part studied plus the charcoal residues (carbone) of the fire you find that DATE. Several other imprints and substances (Jerusalem's specific pollen, the funerary ointments, type of weave technology), corrects, without doubt, this date to the First Century AD.

Only the Shroud has all information needed, but we have MORE. We have the Oviedo's Cloth either ( documented to the year 300 AD). Same Blood type, same head lesions, but the corpse was fresh, and vertically placed.

The Sroud has some substances (cadaverin, putrescin and aminas) indicating two days of decomposition after DEATH. Precisely.

For whom that understands the science of pathology, there's no doubt:

An anatomically perfect semitic male, with 1,80 m of height (20 cm above mean), some 30 years old, was tortured by Romans and crucified in the first century, with a Crown of Thorns cutting his two temporal arteries.

He died due to gravity of all injuries and have his chest trespassed by a roman javelin through his right lung until reach his heart, to confirm his death. The correspondent fluids can be easily found today.

But after two days of decomposition, the perfect photographic negative of the body was left (in exact 3D) in the cloth, without use of known pigments. And without damaging the fibers at microscopic level.

There's NO archeological or artistic piece comparable in the world.

And there's holographic imprint on every microscopic hemp fiber, meaning much more information to be extracted from that incredible linen.

Here is one video playlist about it:

br.youtube.com...

Here, one article about the Oviedo and Turin's sudarius:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

the disciples that you claim made up stories about Jesus were executed for their beliefs. Do you really think that they would die for rubbish they made up?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mohrphaeus
reply to post by realshanti

But where's the evidence? (Just thought I'd save someone else the trouble.)

Great post!

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

What do you mean with your question?

I give you some links and information to start your research.

And I am sure about the forensic evidence. You can find even the original PDF from the Spain PHDs. I will find the link and post it on a new thread, soon.

If it was presented in a court on USA, it has identity PROOF status based on overwhelming cross analysis.

The inexplicable is how the Turin's sudarium has that negative image. But a amn with a crown of thorns was crucified by romans in Israel (Palestine) at first century AD.

But you can search for the Meggido ancient Christian church, found INSIDE a top security Israeli prison last year, with the sign of PISCIS on the floor AND the name of the Roman Centurion (!!!!) who financially support it's construction on the FIRST century AD.

And there's a lot more evidence about Joshua existence, Cameron production is a biased and sensationalist FAKE. Sarcophagus inscriptions are recent.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I personally think that the shroud, even proven true that it was dated during the time of Jesus, can be anyone's shroud. If the Church agrees that the shroud was used to wrap Jesus, then it proves that Jesus was human. To me, if Jesus was resurrected after death, then all the blood and remains should also disappear. I have no prove and I dont think I am wrong cos the Bible cannot prove me wrong as well. Cos if there indeed was a shroud that was taken away, I am sure the Bible would have recorded it and the disciples will treasure it.

2ndly, Jews believed in one true and only God. The almighty and omnipotent being. His only begotten son was sent to earth as a salvation. Where is the salvation? Christians who says they can "feel", "see" "talked" to God are likely to be psychologically influenced by fellow church goers. It is some sort of "making known" to them that you are favoured by the almighty. It is always good to feel that your boss favours you

Some told me God gave them the strength to quit smoking cigarettes. Gosh... did God say anything bad about smoking? No...Science says that.

Early Christians believed that the world was flat, then round and that Earth was in the centre of the universe. Anyone who think otherwise will be prosecuted. No one dares to question and everyone believed in the Church. For what the Church says, its the ultimate truth.

Ultimately, the bible was written and put together during the later Roman times. The council debates and finalise which of these should and should not be included in the New Testament. Therefore the Bible was not written by the prophet or his scribe during his time but many years after.

Last but not least... I wonder why in the old testament, God smite cities, cause floods, part water, rain down mana, etc just because his blessed and favourite humans, the Jews or Isaelites (Not Americans, Asians, Africans or Europeans) were indulge in sinful activities or being oppressed. However, when his only begotten son was crucified, Nothing happen to Rome, Jerusalem or anywhere in the world that signify God's wrath. When Jerusalem was attacked and conquered multiple times, nothing notable happen.

So was Bible just a story adopted from elsewhere or fabricated bedtime story?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mohrphaeus

Mohrphaeus----

I'm sorry you didn't get my sarcasm. I was just being silly, because I expected someone to post that the Shroud isn't evidence. I know Jesus is The Messiah.

Your post was very well written and documented, much better than I could have done, and I have enjoyed watching the video links you provided.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSurrender
Dear Bombeni

One could say the same thing about you and your fellow religious zealots. You refuse to even accept evidence that does not conform with your views. There are others, like myself, who have looked at all the evidence, pro and con, and have come to a rational, informed opinion, a word you will never use concerning your view. And unlike yourself, our opinions would change if the evidence were to support such a change. Of course, as usual, this post is just a waste of time since you stick your fingers in your ears whenever someone disagrees with you.

I am an extremely spiritual person, but I am in search of the truth, and willing to look at all evidence concerning spiritual subjects. You are only willing to consider 'evidence' that supports your view.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

God gave His Son as a ransom, to save us all. Example: Pilate told Jesus he had the power to crucify Him. Jesus replied "not unless it had been given you by my Father." So who is God going to punish, Himself? If you are a parent, you probably know the measure you would go to in order to save/rescue your child. I know without any doubt I would give my life up willingly to save my child. Women have picked cars up when their child had been run over. How much further was God, The Creator of All, willing to go? He showed us how far, but it was not for vengence but for salvation for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

God gave His Son as a ransom, to save us all. So who is He going to punish, Himself? If you are a parent, you probably know the measure you would go to in order to save/rescue your child. I know without any doubt I would give my life up willingly to save my child. Women have picked cars up when their child had been run over. How much further was God, The Creator of All, willing to go? He showed us how far, but it was not for vengence but for salvation for all.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread. But it raises an interesting point. What kind of parent would allow such a thing to happen to their child? Here's another one. All the different sects of Christianity have different views, so which one is right? Is Jesus only going to accept one of them? Maybe it's like that South Park episode, and only the Mormons are getting into your heaven.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well maybe you should actually READ the thread, if you are going to make such broad statements. My post/reply was in response to this: However, when his only begotten son was crucified, Nothing happen to Rome, Jerusalem or anywhere in the world that signify God's wrath. When Jerusalem was attacked and conquered multiple times, nothing notable happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I stand corrected. My apologies.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Christianity presents a founder who is unmatched in history - one who really lived, taught unlike any other, performed miracles that testified of His authority, really died, and really rose from the dead to be seen by literally hundreds before His ascension.

With that you seem to want to make it sound like Chist was the only one that is assumed to have really lived, has had his teachings passed on, did miracles, died, rose, and was withnessed doing so.

Budha Existed, lived, performed miracles, taught and still teaches like no other (budhists actually follow Jesus style peace and love way better then any christian ever did and they are following Buddha's teachings, not Jesus'). So actually, Buddha's teachings were superiour, since they are still practiced way more purelly and by a crapload more people then all christian flavors combined.

Not to mention there is as much "evidence" Moses and Mohammed existed and tought and did all the things the religions attribute them as there is for Jesus.

All I see in the OP's starting post is uninformed blatter excretion spewed by an ignorant religious fanatic who thinks his flavor of religion is the only right one. About as bad as all the Obama/McCain bashing threads if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Christianity presents a founder who is unmatched in history - one who really lived, taught unlike any other, performed miracles that testified of His authority, really died, and really rose from the dead to be seen by literally hundreds before His ascension.

With that you seem to want to make it sound like Chist was the only one that is assumed to have really lived, has had his teachings passed on, did miracles, died, rose, and was withnessed doing so.

Budha Existed, lived, performed miracles, taught and still teaches like no other (budhists actually follow Jesus style peace and love way better then any christian ever did and they are following Buddha's teachings, not Jesus'). So actually, Buddha's teachings were superiour, since they are still practiced way more purelly and by a crapload more people then all christian flavors combined.

Not to mention there is as much "evidence" Moses and Mohammed existed and tought and did all the things the religions attribute them as there is for Jesus.

All I see in the OP's starting post is uninformed blatter excretion spewed by an ignorant religious fanatic who thinks his flavor of religion is the only right one. About as bad as all the Obama/McCain bashing threads if you ask me.

Welcome, Athiest of the hour. You are welcome to post something of relevance anytime you like.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

As to your post script, however, you should not use the term uninformed when refering to posters who have done far more research into spiritual matters than you ever will. What do you know about Islam, Judaism, Confusionism, Buddahism, Taoism, Wicca, Native American Spiritual system, and all branches of the Christianity tree? Get back to me when you do! Slinging insults doesn't make you right, it makes you a Republican!

[edit on 17-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
(budhists actually follow Jesus style peace and love way better then any christian ever did and they are following Buddha's teachings, not Jesus'). So actually, Buddha's teachings were superiour, since they are still practiced way more purelly and by a crapload more people then all christian flavors combined.

Really?
You don't know your world history, then;
The shadow of the dalai lama

Buddhist Violence in Sri Lanka

Buddhist Violence in Burma

Buddhist Violence in Bhutan

Buddhist Violence in Cambodia

Buddhist Violence in Laos

Buddhist Violence in Thailand

Buddhist Violence in Kashmir

Buddhist Violence in Korea

new topics