It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows organic food to be deadly!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
www.--.com...

Does the Organic industry lie to the public to feather its own nest-all the bad things said about Macdonalds ingore the fact that Its super-clean and cheap-the sort of things people craved for centuries if not millenia, is organics a luddite 'good old days' lie??

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Wait... hang on a sec, hold up...

oh, lol, ha, omg

Okay, okay

Wow

Lets test this theory, seriously

we can get 10 of us to eat all organic for 6 months

and 10 of us to Eat McDonalds and fast food and frozen microwaved stuff only

and just do before and after pictures of both

Any Takers?

I call Captain of the Organic team btw...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why did you start two threads on the same subject?

As for on topic, see my reply on your other disinfo thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ahhahahaahha yeah because organic food is so bad for us that somehow all life on earth ate it and the world thrived.....

organic food is very very healthy food.. no chemicals. no pesticides. it's good for you. period

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I wanst sure where the better place to post is was-lets not get to conspiratorial

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Tell it to Morgan Spurlock -the guy who ate McD's for a month and his liver turned to fat.

Honestly, most ridiculous assertion - ever!

Edit to add: I mean besides all of the other ridiculous things I sometimes read on ATS...

[edit on 8/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That was utter nonsense, a total fraud-MacDonalds never ever suggested anyone eat their meals three times a day-have a full meal three times a day at your local italian restuarant and you will probably end up even worse-a total con.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

i'm already on the organic team and have been for 7 years

OP . . .

this is not funny

people will take a devastating blow to their physical health if they even consider what you are proposing. This is really not funny at all and i'm very concerned. McDonalds and nearly all other fast food places are ridiculously bad for you.

False beliefs are one thing, but when they can affect your health and kill you, i draw the line.

The OP is basically advocating that people attack their bodies violently through the ingestion of harmful agents. It might even be against the T&C.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The news snippet states the results regarding the benefits of a scientific study done comparing organic produce and livestock vs. conventionally raised produce and livestock. The basis of the study revolves around the effects of pesticides and herbicides and that they may actually be beneficial in fighting disease and cancers in the human body. To even mention MacDonald’s in the mix here is obviously ABSURD. Let me see? Do I want to eat a healthy salad and greens tonight or toxic waste from Rotten Ronalds? All joking aside consider a few things here -

1. It’s only one study that we know of (Supposedly).

2. It’s from CHINA (Supposedly).

3. It does not insinuate that consuming organic food is deadly. It just states you may lack the perceived benefits of pesticides and herbicides (How ironic).

Therefore – sorry but there is NO CONSPIRACY HERE.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
These people obviously never seen "Super Size Me". The man that goes cross country eating nothing but fast food, now he is paying for it. He has serious health issues brought on by his diet.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Calm down, calm down. The OP is doing nothing of the kind you suggest, and I don't see anything in violation of the T&C either.

The food you eat in the supermarket isn't poison. It's good for you. If it weren't, would people in industrialized societies be living longer and healthier lives than their forebears, as they are? Would every generation of rich-world humans be bigger, stronger and healthier than the last, as they are?

The only trouble with the food available in industrialized countries is that people living in them eat far too much of it.

Yes, many processed foods are very bad for you, but you can avoid their effects without much difficulty by simply buying and eating proper food - you know, grain, fruits, vegetables, meat - that boring stuff. It doesn't matter whether they're organic or inorganic. The trick is simply to eat food, not edible muck made in some factory.

Organic farming is a very, very bad idea. It requires a vastly greater area of land to produce the same yields as non-organic farming because it is so inefficient. And organic food contains, by and large, fewer nutrients and more pathogens than the non-organically-grown variety, so you have to eat more of it to sustain you and yes, eating it could certainly kill you. I have a friend in hospital in India right now, in a coma with a parasite in her brain, which she got from organically farmed vegetables grown in animal manure. That's organic farming for you - no artificial fertilizers, no pesticides and more pathogens than you could possibly imagine.

If everyone were to eat organic, we'd have to cut down the forests and fill in all the marshes to make farmland, totalling the environment, and people would still starve.

Furthermore, organic food spoils fast, which means it has to be transported quickly, in smaller quantities. Smaller loads mean more trips. That means more carbon spewing into the atmosphere. Giving up other economies of scale we now enjoy due to modern farming methods would almost certainly up the carbon footprint even higher.

In the rich world, organic food is a luxury indulged in by people who have the surplus wealth to be able to afford its inefficiencies. It is also eaten by poor people in backward countries - those who cannot afford to the capital outlay needed to introduce modern farming methods - and it is one reason why their crop yields are low and their children malnourished.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well this a chinese report i guess China is about to do what US did a while back, banckrupt the local farmers in order to intruduce mass production allowing corporate control of food production.

Interesting just scare the population that their backyard gardens are hamful to gear them into buying more government sponsored and approved products.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oh, good grief.

Aside from the fact that the Corporo-fascists are trying to pry open the MEANING of the word, "organic," which may lead to issues...this is TOTALLY fear-mongering.

True organic foods are the answer to a great number of today's ills.

And, MV, count me on the organic side, for sure. (Haven't eaten at an Evil Clown in decades.)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Im positive "organic" food is the way to go, what food gets "stamped" organic, and what and what not kind of chemicals are include in so called organic food, is a whole different story.

Seriously for all we know, its just stamped organic and has nothing to do with organic food.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You do realize that 'non organic' farming has only been around for the last 50 years or so......all the people that came along before that were supported by 'plain' farming....without chemical fertilizers and without pesticides or herbicides.

The mechanization of farming began before the 'chemicalization' of farming....I think that may well have contributed more to the explosion of the food supply that the introduction of chemicals did.....

While the 'average life expectancy' has gone up, I doubt that it is simply because of chemical farming.....

It's not that 'people did not live as long' in times past, but that the infant mortality rate has dropped, bringing up the average significantly....and that can be more aptly attributed to advances in medicine and hygiene.

Penicillin and the pasteurization of milk, as well as improvements in the knowledge about clean water and the handling of human sewage ...these have greatly reduced the diseases that held back population growth.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

he was advocating eating fast food over organic . . . that's what i was getting irate about.

All illnesses and problems that are relative to nutrition are INCREASING. (severely out of proportion to the increase in population)

Problems including . . . obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Each of which spawn countless other problems.

Oh, and i almost forgot the great equalizer! CANCER within our population is at an all time high.

Also . . . in ratio to the amount of food we actually ingest, we're severely malnourished.

The "we're bigger and stronger" thing is completely false. The average height in America has been rapidly DECREASING for years, as well as the physical strength of males. (in both respects)

We're not living healthier lives than our great ancestors. Not even close.

A blame this on FAST FOOD, HighFructoseCornSyrup, BHT, processed MILK, Artificial Sweeteners, and all meat processed in this country. There's a myriad of causes, that's just the stuff off the top of my head.

Your right that it would be very difficult for everyone to eat properly tended organic food. I never said that everyone or even anyone realistically could (right now). Idealistically it would be excellent for everyone if we could pull it off though . . .

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Isn't it strange that we get this thread and this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

At least someone has some common sense in this thread. I think a lot of people who propose that the whole world eat organic don't understand the economics of farming.

It would be possible for a larger portion of the population to eat organic if there were a larger portion of the population farming. Organic farming methods do not lend themselves to the demand created by a society used to industrialized farming. If the economy relied solely on organic farming you would not enjoy the great variety or availability of foods and produce that you do now.

The movement against Genetically Modified foods continues to starve thousands in undeveloped countries populated by people without any food what so ever.

When you get sick from eating raw, poorly cleaned organic produce the doctors at the hospital will use chemicals to make you better. Better stay away from those hospitals too.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Organic farming is a very, very bad idea. It requires a vastly greater area of land to produce the same yields as non-organic farming because it is so inefficient. And organic food contains, by and large, fewer nutrients and more pathogens than the non-organically-grown variety, so you have to eat more of it to sustain you and yes, eating it could certainly kill you.

Actually, chemical fertilizers have enabled people to grow food in areas that would have long ago become unfit for farming, because of the depletion of nutrients. You see, plants can pretty much thrive on nitrogen, phosporous, and potassium, but it requires the micro-nutrients for maintaining humans in a healthy state. These micro-nutrients are never "fertilized" into the soil the same way the other chemicals are.

Pathogens in a food supply is not necessarily bad. A certain level of pathogens are necessary to keep your body in shape for fighting off disease.

And I seriously doubt your "friend" with the "brain parasite" ate food fertilized with JUST animal manure. The diseases that will pass from ruminants to humans through fecal matter are very few and far between. Here is one such disease (though not from a ruminant) whyfiles.org... but that is why you are told to WASH AND/OR COOK food before you eat it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

At least someone has some common sense in this thread. I think a lot of people who propose that the whole world eat organic don't understand the economics of farming.

no one proposed that in this thread . . . so now we have 2 people in this thread who don't know how to read . . .

Sorry if that's a bit caustic, but no one, previous to Astynax's post, even suggested that everyone should eat only organic food. :shk:

We're saying that organic food
and pretty much all other food is SIGNIFICANTLY much more healthy for you in contrast to FAST "FOOD" like mcdonalds.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join