It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater cave found with skeletons in them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodshipForAll
I can't wait to see developments on it.

It'll be several years. They have to document the location, and underwater archaeology is very time-consuming and tricky (you can't stay down too long, for one thing.)

"This story must be suppressed, its un economical to re print the history books"

Uhm... sounds like you're not aware that they produce new versions of history books for schools every year (and there's always an adoption discussion.) In college courses, they generally want textbooks that were written no later than 4-5 years ago.

So history is constantly being rewritten here in America and in most of the "free world." New editions of books are constantly coming out -- they don't teach history from the same books I had as a kid. Those went to the landfill LONG ago unless some collector picked a few up for a collection!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZoneYes, the skull is large and very bulged behind the ears.

Actually, that's the size of a regular human skull of a normal adult. There's nothing strange about the shape, either -- no abnormal bulge behind the ear (I don't think you have the ear "landmarked" properly.)

Judging from what I see of it, the person (probably female) died at about age 25 (I taught anatomy and we went into some of the forensics of skulls.) It's in excellent condition.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is really exciting. I had to pull out my Mesoamerican text books and review the details about Tulum. One of my books showed a mural of the goddess Ixchel holding the god Chac in each hand. She had colorin bean pods coming out the back of her ceremonial dress. Since the National Geographic story centered on the 13,000 year old south-asian woman I though Ixchel deserved mention. She resembles the Aztec earth goddess Tlaltecuhtli.

Here's a link to Googlemaps of a satelite view of Tulum.

Satelite view of Tulum

A while back I started a thread about the similarities between Tlaltecuhtli and Medusa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-9-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The skulls and bones look fairly normal to me, and as for people huddling there for safety... the dating for the skeletons seems to differ. At least for the idea of a threat faced to all of them. They are separated by a few years.
As for this causing great discord, sort of doubt it. Hanslune pointed out it's on the earlier end of the time frame for human settlement. So, still need more evidence to make a solid statement. it's good circumstantial evidence to the probability, but that's about as far as you can really go.
Now, maybe some old fellow, or some intern working somewhere, will realize some evidence filled away on a shelf somewhere they remember seeing...
Dig it up, dust it off, and bring it to somebody, or wright a paper or something.
That'd be cool, or maybe they'll start digging some more, with a better idea of what they want to be looking for.

As for time frame, cave diving by itself is dangerous. it's easy to get lost or disoriented, and being under water in a cave doesn't give you much freedom to panic.
So, even by normal standards this will probably be a slow excavation.
Kick up some sediment on the bottom, and you have a cloud that can stay in place for hours, blocking vision. And with both the artifacts and remains in the caves, and the danger of such a event, you can bet they'll spend as little time in the room as they can, and move as slowly as possible.
Spending little time in the room would decrease the possibility of a accidental stirring of sediment, and short times in the cave will keep the air fresher in case vision does get lost.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Yucatan is a largely limestone. What I believe is called a metasediments which is 1.5 kilometers thick. Another much thinner layer of limestone lies on top of that. The the Todas Santos Formation I believe.

The whole area is riddled with underground rivers, holes and caves.

The Maya and perhaps earlier cultures may have explored these .

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So does their proposed 13,000 dating of this find correlate with the start date of the Mayan calendar's biggest cycle? If it does, excuse me... I'm just going to ... um... look around for some higher ground... Catch you later.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

The date range for the other three skeletons is between 11,000 to 14,000 years ago, putting Eva, the female skeleton, near the middle of the date range if the date is proven accurate.
According the Matan calendar, their "New Year" or whatever the long count equates to, and according to Stitchin, ever 3,600 years. So, one way or another this would have been off of that schedule by a few thousand years. Roughly.
The polar caps melted, and the sea level rose. These folks died when the water levels were much lower, during a Ice Age. Since they died, the water levels have rosen. These people didn't die together, fleeing some sort of catastrophe. Theya re seperatd by a good number of years.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

More here???

www.nwidi.org...

...sooner, or later, someone will have to say that the "Timeline" as we know it is well...askew?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
this could be more evidence towards Lemuria here is a video:

this video is leans towards the legends, but there is science behind it. there may have been an ancient land crossing when the oceans were lower called Lemuria. paleontologist can not understand how the lemur moved from Indonesia to Madagascar. This is why it is called Lemuria. even though the land mass was covered long before 14,000 years ago it was believed during the ice age when the oceans were lower and that chains of islands could have existed all across the pacific. Ancient humans could have moved from island to island to get to south America.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by oatie]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nice find. This sort of discovery would almost certainly help anthropologists and archaeologists piece together some of the mysteries from our lost ancient history. As mentioned previously though, if something truly unbelievable (eg advanced technology) was discovered, the chances that the public would be informed would probably be very slim.

Anyway I wonder what caused the ice caps to melt damatically as stated in the atricle? My bet would be that is wasn't due to CO2 emissions.

The polar ice caps melted dramatically 8,000 to 9,000 years ago, causing sea levels to rise hundreds of feet and submerging the burial grounds of the skeletons. Stalactites and stalagmites then grew around the remains, preventing them from being washed out to sea....
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Thank you, thank you, thank you, this is the kind of aritcles we need in the forums here at ATS. This is clearly something you can debate and see the facts, its niether opinion or hoaxed. I cant thank you enough op for making me aware of this and giving me something to read and think about. I do hope ATS see's your post and looks at the flags and the responses to see that this is what ATS needs more of. Kooks and loons with hoaxes and political partisianship is tearing this site down but you have batted a home run with this one. I cant say it enough thank you.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by alienj]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I've always thought that if people came across up north, then that would also be where the most developed civilizations would be as well. Instead, the most developed peoples of the Americas are found in Central and South America.

cool thread
I'll pimp it with a little bling....

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is a very amazing find.

I love reading about these sorts of discoveries.

Faved.

EDIT: I forget to mention that a couple of months ago, there were ancient skeletons founds from a construction digging site on Guam. The skeleton remains were studied to be 1,000 -2,000 years old. There were ancient pottery, tools, along with shell jewelry. More than 2 remains found, male and female.
This was something big to where I stay, being a small island. Our history begins with Magellan discovering our island. And that is only hundreds of years worth of history.

Some of our caves also have ancient drawing of stick figured people. (Not sure how real it is now that I think about it, you'll never know if it is hoaxed)

[edit on 7-9-2008 by non-living]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Did you read the estimated age of that skeleton? 13,600 yrs old?

That might go to prove that Nemesis/Nibiru passed through our solar system back then and caused their catastrophe and their deaths.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
^ The possibility is small, but it exists.

It definitely questions the year people came to America. It's something to ponder about. I don't have much to add to the discussion...except that, as a civilization that mostly depends on technology...we better start getting back to our survival roots...because if we don't...what may happen in the future may wipe us out.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I love science, especially when things get shaken up like this. It proves that we know very little about the true past of our own existence and the planet. I hope this will go to show that we are an older race than what was previously thought. I am not sure that this will help the Atlantis argument and if really did exist is still something of great debate, but it doesn't hurt it that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This story reminds me of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. lol

Good find, though. It's getting more interesting everyday.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Arent there like tiny subs the size of model cars with advanced camera that can map out the entire cave region? Obviously there is no oxygen limit for a machine.

Perhaps el-dorado is now underwater off the coast of the yucatan?
I wish I could dive some underwater caves, oh I live in florida, I can.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The polar ice caps melted dramatically 8,000 to 9,000 years ago, causing sea levels to rise hundreds of feet and submerging the burial grounds of the skeletons. Stalactites and stalagmites then grew around the remains, preventing them from being washed out to sea....

This statement confuses me a bit. How were stalactites and stalagmites formed after the submerging of the remains? How would water drip and deposit minerals under water such that those structures could form?

If I am overlooking something obvious and being foolish, do not hestitate to point it out. A flag went up, that is all.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in learning a bit more about archaeology and about some of the questionable finds that have been made over the years I really recommend this book.

Forbidden Archaeology www.mcremo.com...

I am not a big reader and this is a big book. I somehow managed to get through it and by the end when they start discussing all the strange stuff... I was stunned at the findings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join