It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Triangle Formation Gilliland Ranch 01-09-08

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

An amazing piece of footage from the ranch with what appears to be 3 craft in perfect formation depicting a triangle over the ECETI ranch.

This is not a group helicopters or aircraft people .... I challenge the best top gun pilots to fly a formation this tight under the cover of night.

There is an absence of strobe lights , port / starboard lights and rotational beacon that is a mandatory fly by night item under any aviation regulatory body world wide.

I wonder what space beer tastes like!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The video seems to be monochrome so we can't really tell if there are nav lights on the craft. The green/red lights may be there but we can't tell.

If they are conventional aircraft it is not really that tight of a formation (ever seen the Blue Angels?). Not overly difficult for skilled pilots to maintain, day or night.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The video is obviously taken under night shot which would further accentuate the mandatory strobe flashes even more "if they were there", take a look in the sky at night next time a plane goes over and you will see a clear depiction of 3 lights and a sequenced flash ... each object here is one luminous ball .. so there is an absence of the port / starboard lights other wise we should see a slightly fragmented image with multiple light sources for the one craft.

Yes the blue angles are a tight bunch of Mofo's but under the cover of night it's a lot harder.. you can see that the distance between each object stays exactly the same ...

The luminosity of the object stays the same even after it has passed , again suggesting that there is a constant light field be projected from the object ... unlike when a plane passes with its landing lights on , the viewable object will change because your position relative to the direction of the head lights has changed as it moves.

Plus when you're there on the ground watching they are dead silent ... nothing but a few crickets in the background to keep your company.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

WOW...that is one of the best triangle formations i ever seen

thanks for posting

[edit on 4-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The military is often granted exemptions by the FAA for many of their operations for training purposes and otherwise. These exemptions can include anti-collision lighting requirements.

Aerial refueling obviously requires close formation flying, as close and closer than appears in the video. Minimal lighting would be used to aid in keeping formation.

Aerial refueling is carried out day and night, good weather or bad. It is usually carried out at high altitude, high enough for the engines to be inaudible.

There is an ANG refueling unit stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base near Spokane, 225 miles to the northeast of Trout Lake.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I totally agree Phage ... you're 100% right in what you say about FAA Exemptions Formations ETC..

But I have been there in person and seen these things appear out of no where and do their thing in the most unusual of ways. Again this is my personal experience from what I got at the ranch so I know that what they are posting is the same stuff that I saw during my stay.

Still these are totally silent balls of light maintaining a uniformed luminosity despite the angle or direction that they are viewed from, this is very strange and nothing like I have seen during my career.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That's cool. I'd like to see it myself.

My observations are based strictly on what appears in the video you posted and a few others (merging, splitting, etc.)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That is a neat video!

Quick answer is a surveillance satellite formation. There are many of these aloft. Look up the Navy's NOSS system as an example.

Some research could nail down the exact ID of these satellites through Heavens Above or similar database.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
the video shows a great example of the NOSS satellite trio's that are orbiting around up there-

www.anomalist.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

good catch, but not a UFO...

edit- beat me to it!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by johnDoe21]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I didn't know about these. Sounds like a good candidate for this video, especially with the way they fade.

Sources say there are 2 triple formations still up, only one of those is holding formation. Lucky catch to spot it. They can reach magnitude +2 to +4, readily visible.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I admit I never knew about these formation satellites either.

We'll have to see what Johnny and the gang come up with as they were referencing the Heavens Above Site to cross check what they were seeing at the ranch.

James also references this site to cross check what they have filmed.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Could this not be one craft with three corner lights rather than three craft?

Funny how it disappears at the end, as there seems to be no cloud and it almost as if it has gone through some kind of "gateway". Probably just my mad imagination, but who knows lol!

Ross

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
yes i hae to agree with the other posters ,

it is a lacrosse trio of sat`s,

there is a webpage dedicated to them, i will try to find it for you .

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As you can see background stars move between the objects in question it is three seperate objects in formation...certainly sounds like a group of satellites...however sounds more like the NOSS satellites as Lacross appears to be a single unit only.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm really disturbed on a number of levels here...

But suffice it to say that it was very easy to find that these are (in my humble opinion) three Iridium satellites following the same trajectory. NASA has a wonderful program and I even showed James this program so he could verify his captures before just throwing them out there (Sorry James, you should've checked first).

Here are singular shots of time periods of the three Iridium Satellites in question:
Iridium 38

Iridium-44

Iridium 81

Now if we combine all three Satellites Trajectories which should match, we would get this:

The combined Satellite Graphics

It's pretty easy to also tell that these are satellites (in my humble opinion) because we can see stars in between the "Three Points" of lights, not being blocked by what should be a solid bottom of a triangle platform.

Not to mention that they all fade out at about the same time as they hit the Earth's shadow....

At least thats my two cents here..

Johnny

[edit on 9/4/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I've never been lucky enough to see more than one Iridium bird in the sky at once. Maybe a function of my low latitude, I miss a lot of stuff.

I've also never seen an Iridium satellite hold its intensity like the lights in the video. Every one I've seen (quite a few) appears, flares, and disappears in the space of 10-15 seconds. Makes a great party trick standing around the BBQ, kind of Connecticut Yankeeish.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like three ufo orbs travelling in formation, pretty common thing here in the UK. I'm confused as to why they like the triangle formation, most ufo orbs travel in pairs or groups of pairs, yet when you get a threesome they nearly always appear in the triangle formation. Good footage btw.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
yet when you get a threesome they nearly always appear in the triangle formation.

Here's an experiment; get a pencil and paper, draw three dots that are not in a line, repeat until you draw a formation that is not a triangle.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Haha funny, you don't believe in ufo orbs travelling in a triangle formation? Ufo orbs exist, you just saw a vid of them in action, you may not want to believe because you were born into a state mandated belief system, so here's my recommendation (to you) in return. Get a torch, preferably a hand powered dynamo type manufactured in Canada, point it north west and flash it three times. Repeat this and you may be surprised! Ufo orbs exist, some people (in this case you) just haven't seen them yet. Watch the sky..............

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
you may not want to believe because you were born into a state mandated belief system

I don't know about you but I was born in a state of innocence.

One of the definitions of a triangle is a polygon with three corners. Three of any object, I don't care what they are, will form a triangle.

I think the things in the video are satellites. Because there are three of them they form a triangle and a quite irregular one at that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join