It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012...I'll make you a deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Doomsdayers...I love reading the 2012 threads...but what I don't like reading is the threads leading up to them. "06/06/06, something bad will happen, 08/08/08, zomg crop circles" STOP IT!

Now, whilst I understand you are basing the concept of 2012 off of possibly legitimate information, I believe that...the callendar just stops because it's the end of their calendar cycle. But, I would like to propose a deal.

Do us a favor though.
2012...solid date, you do not change this date. No "might've been laters", no "misinterpretations", nothing. December 12, 2012. That's final.

If...nothing happens. I don't want to hear anymore about "oh the world is going to end in 2014, instead." Or, "2022", or anything like that.

What do you get if you win?...
This "harmony" some of you claim you will have.
Or maybe just knowing you don't have to deal with people like me anymore, that should be good enough for you.

Plus, I guess I'll give you all a cookie.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Well the first thing they will say is, it's december 21st.

lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Okay, I will let you have December 21st at the absolute latest. Turn in your doomsday papers by then, or it's an F on your report card.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
December 21st 2012 11:59:59?

Is that the absolute latest?

And what time zone? I mean this is a world wide board after all.

Does that mean they get untill it's that time on the international date line?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If the world doesn't end by midnight in your time zone, you have to shut up, just how it works. If it's December 22 where you are, you loose, by default, even if the world ends after that.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

If the world doesn't end by midnight in your time zone, you have to shut up

If the world does end by midnight in our time zone then we will be dead and have to shut up either way. That doesn't seem very fair.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Neither is moving the day back for the end of humanity, just so one will be "right". I should make a thread called "Today the world ends", that way it will EVENTUALLY be right.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

i'm in...... just because i loooooove cookies

oh, and i'm in Oz which is ahead of most countries (time wise) so if anyones to go, its us first!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Oz? Wow...dude, didn't you know? The rest of the world has said you guys are already dead.

(Kinda like Big Rock, Iowa, and Houston, Texas)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
How about this?

Winter Solstice in 2012 will happen on 12-21-12 at 11:11 UTC

en.wikipedia.org...

How about that?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

hhhmmmmm I have been feeling alittle non complacent recently

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh....I know. I'll just add to the prize, if I may, Shug.

If you win, I'll give you a brownie. A flaming brownie.

As we'll all be burning ever so crispily in hell!!!! If you lose, however, you have to worship me!

-----

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From my understanding, the 2012 thing is the end of the mayan cycles, nothing to do with us, move along people, nothing to see here

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, don't ya just love all of these "End of the World" threads. That does get annoying with people saying June 2006 this or August 2008 that. All of us may not agree that the world will either end or not come to an end on December 21, 2012, but we can agree that something will happen to this planet in 2012. I for one do not think that the world will end in twenty twelve.

However, I am starting to lean toward a polar shift that might occur in 2012. I, and a few other members, have came to this conclusion due to the strength of recent hurricanes. It does seem that hurricanes as of late, especially real bad storms, have been intensifying more rapidly than before. I for one think that the worst of this coming event ain't something to look forward to.

As for the deal, count me in man.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
From my understanding, the 2012 thing is the end of the mayan cycles, nothing to do with us, move along people, nothing to see here

Thats right....only the Mayans will cease to exist by 2012

Nothing to do with the rest of us....better remind some of the paranoid cult like creatures not to drink that kool aid

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But, it's blue...and tastes like lemons...blue and lemons? What if all of our fruit changes color in 2012? Blue lemons! Purple Limes! Black Apples! Poo colored watermelon!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

2012 is not doomsday except maybe for the greedy controllers of our world.

It is a time of awakening and is not set like an alarm, it is an anchor point. We are building up to 2012 and will then level out. It is not a sudden change, but those that are paying attention will become more enlightened. I do believe also it will be the catalyst for changing the control structure of the world.

Have you ever heard of the 11:11 phenomenon? It is something that cannot be appreciated until it happens to you.

We enter the winter solstice of 2012 at 11:11 Greenwich meantime. Its on the naval observatories website. I am not using this as proof of the enlightenment but as a teaser so you may open your mind to it.

It is darkest before the dawn and we are in dark times.

Dawn arrives at 11:11 12-21-12.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Or...maybe that's just a coincidence in time. Since GMT was not around in the time of the Mayans. The fact of the matter is, is if this civilization was around today, and they were to put it into perspective, would you still act this way about the date?

Truthfully the only reason people make a big deal about 2012, is because it's the date a calendar system just happened to end. That's all there is to it. I don't care if it's good, bad, fruity, or fresh.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Or...maybe that's just a coincidence in time. Since GMT was not around in the time of the Mayans. The fact of the matter is, is if this civilization was around today, and they were to put it into perspective, would you still act this way about the date?

Truthfully the only reason people make a big deal about 2012, is because it's the date a calendar system just happened to end. That's all there is to it. I don't care if it's good, bad, fruity, or fresh.

It is more than just the Mayans. They just recorded the great cycle and we have then put that timeline on the Gregorian calender.

It is the super-conscience that matters not the linear time. When I notice 11:11 it happens on clocks that are correct and clocks that are very incorrect. It is not just a coincidence but a synchronicity feeling.

Unless it is happening to you one can never explain it to you. I cannot describe the color blue to someone who is born blind. If that person gains site I can though point out the color blue and name it for them.

Oh and your good, bad, tooty fruity, fresh comment does not help show you are mature enough to debate this, so therefore I will not try further.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I didn't make this thread to debate about the matter, did you not try and understand why I put it in the forum it is in?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join