It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's Are Our Friends, They Love Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderTheirRadar
Well OP,

As much as I respect your opinion on the matter...I'm going to have to disagree with you without any evidence...just as no one has actual proof or evidence other then video's of U.F.O.'s that E.T.'s excist...

So until we have some sort of a situation such as the the movie "Attack from Mars" on our hands...this issue will always be up in the air for debate...you personally do not know the "true intentions" of these beings...so the fact that you say these "beings" supposedly love us...is absurd.

In my opinion, I believe the the human race & earth is just a giant experiment...and we are all rats in the maze...looking for the cheese which symbolize's our purpose for living.

I appreciate you responding, regardles of your opinion

So far as it seeming absurd, I feel it is an issue of concousness and logic..
I'm not a hippy, but love is the strongest force for survival and existence.
Hate is not only self-destructive, it is extro-destructive. (is that a word? lol)
You are correct, I have no physical evidence, but I present you with logical evidence. Please re-read it once more, and see if it makes sense to you.
If it makes no sense to you, that's cool with me. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just spreading some good news for once

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
if the human race ever would work together to make it possible to visit other planets it would be mainly for resources and technology.

since all we fight about is those reasons

so I think there might be some species around that are just as greedy

edit - spelling

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattoo1377
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Enlightenup,
Although I actually can empathise with you because I used to feel the same way myself, regretfully I disagree.

There are no malevolent species disturbing us. We are the malevolent species, going through growing pains.
Did you ponder the 'natural selection' bit I typed about? This would eliminate that scenario you speak of...

I guess it could be feasible that some form of experiment has been performed in the past, but it would have been out of respect and necessity concerning our well being, definitely not out of malice.

Peace

The situation is more complex than that though I don't want to get into specifics of what's been told to me right now. I do believe I have some limited (by way of memory) personal experience as well about a decade ago and it isn't so rosy by the way I was feeling about it.

The natural selection part assumes a situation the mirrors our own planet with a bunch of tiny tribes instead of just a two or a few and that a balance of power would have existed so that no side could dominate but would result in multually assured destruction. Not to mention it assumes a human mentality of seeing differences. Some anthropomorphing is possible but cannot be taken too far.

The "malevolent" species are not selected out just yet but they've done irreperable damage to themselves and mostly to their "lighter" half. It is neither out of malice nor love-- the problem is that the darker half don't care at all-- the lighter half may not really to much either.

They are meddling however they did meddle much more in that past than currently.

For now the good guys will remain hidden and maintain a light touch helping avert utter tragedy.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think that anyone who reads and responds to this topic is going to have to go into it granting that they are here, Vance. Why? because the premise of the entire thread demands it. Your attempt to derail the thread is completely uncalled for and totally off topic.

Back to the topic. Yes, there is a certain logic to the idea, but I still want to know where you heard it or if you made it up. While there IS logic to the supposed "law," we don't have quite enough info to assess if the logic is failproof.

If this is something that a cultist has "channelled" and passed on, I would tend to throw it out of the question immediately, as it becomes an issue of faith.

I'm not so sure about the idea for one reason, off the top of my head right now. How do we know that there aren't civs out there that haven't had the secret to out-of-solarsystem-travel basically thrown into their laps. I am not ready to buy the idea that the entire universe conforms to OUR prototype of existence. And you can subcategorize these potential examples until you are blue in the face.

editing to add that once again my thoughts on the subject were summed up quicker and better by another. enlighten up. haha

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invigorant
OP, I'm not going to be one of those people that ask where you evidence is, because new age, hippy UFO posts like this never have any. It would seem, as others have mentioned, that "space loving brother" posts are climbing recently, as those are a real easy way to come on here, say anything you want, get the attention you need/desire and not have to show anything for it.

I would hope that others see what I see, and understand the potential damage that propagating this type of ignorance can and will do to the community. No one takes us seriously now as it stands....

Oh really, the 'space loving brother' posts are prevalent? That's strange, I don't see them on the first 4 pages of this forum, they seem to have been stamped out by paranoids.

So far as 'potential damage' and 'propagating ignorance' go, I would really, really, like to hear your elaboration/explanation for these dangers you see...
I'll be waiting for your rational response..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

I'm sorry, after reading your original posts and reading your responses to those that have questions grounded in reality, I am having a hard time replying to you after you say something like this:

I'll be waiting for your rational response..

I would argue that you threw rationality out the window with your ignorance many posts ago, and therefore trying to engage in a useful conversation with you regarding something that you obviously are confused about would be pointless in the extreme.

Good luck with your attention getting, hope your "wisdom" changes the world!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

I know your trying to bring up logical discussion on this subject, but when It comes down to it...without the physical evidence. All we can do as of right now...is hope for the best AND prepare for the worst.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The only evil, malevolent, war-mongering, hate filled, blood thristy, cruel, unjust, bonecruching, Raping Aliens out there.... Are the ones in our own "Freakin" heads(minds).

It stands to reason If we can surely think of it then we must be the SOLE premise behind it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Uhm, I hate to but in here but here I am lol. DO you guys and gals think it more important to prove that there are indeed ET races visiting us before we argue whether they are good or bad? Seems a pretty important piece of research if you ask me - proving they are 'here'.

We won't have proof so there's no point in discussing proof. There is none available to but a few. There's practically no chance a video exists of a genuine craft. You won't get it on YouTube or anything else. The beings control what is seen-- period.

The skeptics/deniers won't like that response but it's really none of their business anyway. This thread isn't about convincing them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

haha!
So true, so true

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well said EnlightenUp..
This thread truly isn't about convincing anyone of anything, it is more about communication of ideas and logic.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You are correct, I have no physical evidence, but I present you with logical evidence.

yep...that's what i thought...

so we are just supposed to take your word on it ?

sorry that's not logical at all.

nobody knows the real agenda of any alien and to claim you do with no proof only leads me to believe you have an agenda of your own...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

You are correct, I have no physical evidence, but I present you with logical evidence.

yep...that's what i thought...

so we are just supposed to take your word on it ?

sorry that's not logical at all.

nobody knows the real agenda of any alien and to claim you do with no proof only leads me to believe you have an agenda of your own...

You are correct!
I do have an agenda of my own.
That agenda is, to rationalise with people as to why it is illogical for aliens to be aggresive towards the inhabitants of this planet.
Good post and starred!

Peace

link   
I would also like to make clear that I am not arguing that there IS a malevolent race of ETs engaging this planet. In fact, I agree with most of what has been said regarding the opposite. I too agree with epsillion's posting.
However, I still will not stand here and say that all ET races are pure of heart. That is a logical conclusion that I simply cannot make due to lack of evidence.
I believe they are out there. Hell, I know they are. And here. But it is like Stanton Friedman(?) said. When you look at a 747 flying overhead you don't ask yourself "are those people up there good or bad?"... You don't ask yourself that because you know they are both. It is a fools errand to even entertain these thoughts.

link   
Hi all...

Yes the majority of life out there is of love...

check out my blog on myspace called the Galactic Federation of Light for more info...

religion has nothing to do with aliens...from what i hear this is the only planet that uses money and has religions..

religions were set up to control humanity...

God the creator force has nothing to do with religion...

1 of 18-Bringers Of The Dawn, Teachings From The Pleiades
www.youtube.com...

much love to you and all that is

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Sorry to sound condescending here, but *I*, for one, realized that this was a logical exercise only after reading the initial posting.
As I told Vance, this is nothing more than a discussion based on the granted supposition that beings are engaging this planet. Any attempt to derail that premise should be scoffed at.

er, not the initial posting, but the initial responses by the op.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattoo1377

Well said EnlightenUp..
This thread truly isn't about convincing anyone of anything, it is more about communication of ideas and logic.

Peace

I'll openly admit that regarding logic we're treading on thin ice with much of humanity. I can live with that. We can certainly engage in communication of ideas and try to bring about understanding. Options are fairly limited for the time being.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

a logical exercise ?

try re-reading the OP...

This means, that anyone visiting us from outer space is indeed peaceful.
This also refutes all claims anyone makes concerning malevolent aliens.

if he would have said...it may.... or it could...then i would agree with you.

but the OP clearly is trying to say these things are facts because he has come to a logical conclusion.

sorry that dog don't hunt

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It's all for the cause, imo..
That cause being: Global Concious Enlightenment
These things take time, but it does work and does happen, and anything we do or say does affect it, imo..

Thanks for the reply

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You still haven't answered my question though and that is getting irritating. I cannot take the discussion any further if you won't answer the questions asked of you. In order to follow this to its logical conclusion, I need to know where you heard, or came up with, this 'universal law' of yours.

If you created it yourself you would be arrogant to claim it an axiom of truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join