It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Masons please read this!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh dear... When we ask something we are told to do our own research when we say something apparently that rule goes out the window and "we" then have to provide proof as well...All very sad to be honest! But I suppose I should go some way to explain my views on the masonic cult.
The masonic lodge in my city recently decided to open its doors and give us ordinary people a chance to marvel at the lodges design and worship the ground that the grand wizardy person apparently levitates above! They thought the queues would stretch around the block so you can imagine their amazement when absolutely nobody took them up on their offer! Nobody cared... They made their frustrations known in our local newspaper but nobody cared about that either. And I guess thats the point I'm trying to make.
I don't care if you slam each others privates in the doors, beat each other with sticks or sacrifice goats on your altar! I don't... I hanker for the days when you were either a secret society or a society with secrets, the key word being "secret!" Do feel free to keep your masonic views to yourself. I find it ironic that you're offended when you start these hollier than thou threads and find a certain few wander in and either ridicule the cult or poke fun at you personally! My views are as follows...
1.Anyone who subserviently stands in front of another man and calls him "master" should have their testicles removed as they don't deserve to own them.
2.Any man who wears an apron had better be baking a cake!
3.Any man who wears an apron as a fashion excessary needs help.
4.The only three degrees I'm interested in sing "When Will I See You Again."
5.The only Wizard I want to hear from teaches at Hogwarts or spends December incessantly singing how he wishes it could be christmas every day...
I thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The masonic lodge in my city recently decided to open its doors and give us ordinary people a chance to marvel at the lodges design and worship the ground that the grand wizardy person apparently levitates above!

So they're asked to open their doors and when they do... you criticize them/
The local Lodge here in Milton has a open door even fairly often, and I've had a chance to talk with them, as well as just look around the Lodge.
I was more interested in it as it was a really old building than the Masonry stuff personally, but over all didn't see them lording anything.
All in all, found it sort of interesting.

1.Anyone who subserviently stands in front of another man and calls him "master" should have their testicles removed as they don't deserve to own them.

Y'ever call anyone "Mister," or "Boss?" Even had a teacher, or y'know... whomever?
I called my karate instructor "Master."
Sometimes it's simply how you show respect to someone else, not an indication of subservience.

2.Any man who wears an apron had better be baking a cake!

Or a an actual brick mason, or a mechanic, or a tool worker...
Aside from that, any guy wearing a dress better be...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f559587df8e.jpg[/atsimg]
Oh. nevermind.

3.Any man who wears an apron as a fashion excessary needs help.

Oh you...

4.The only three degrees I'm interested in sing "When Will I See You Again."

The only degrees I'm interested are Fahrenheit, Celsius, and Kelvin.

5.The only Wizard I want to hear from teaches at Hogwarts or spends December incessantly singing how he wishes it could be christmas every day...

You seem to have gotten confused with another group; Masonry doesn't include Wizards.
Most Masonic degrees revolve around Knights instead of magic.

I thank you.

You're welcome, I suppose.

It seems like the Masons you know aren't the same as I've met.
None of the ones I've known claim Masonry as anything more than one path among many.
May are very humble, and willing to answer questions.
Something I appreciate more an more as time goes on.

As an atheist, i obviously have my own issues with the organization, but I still respect the members that I've met, especially the ones on here for their patience.

edit on 30-1-2011 by RuneSpider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

No, they weren't asked they did it to raise money. After years of keeping their doors locked and bolted and keeping us normal people at arms length, they now want us to take interest as long as we cough up the cost of entry of course. This is going to come as a huge surprise to you self obsessed cult followers "but nobody is interested!"
That was my point which you amazingly somehow managed to completely miss.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

You seem a little angry to me and you come across as someone who has a beef with the Masons. I have a friend who was recently commenting on how evil and cultish the masons are. What’s really funny is about thirty minutes into his rant I discovered he actually attempted to join and the lodge turned him down. I can’t help but feel something familiar about the things you said. Did you attempt to join?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

No, I'm not really interested in them. My grandfather was one and I have a good friend who used to be one but left due to an argument over money. The reason I posted on here was because I found the cultish behaviour of those on here who are masons particularly interesting. That clannish, us against the world, view that is so obvious on here. My real point is this; in days gone by people always rallied against freemasonry and labelled them Luciferian elitists, something which I couldn't agree with as my own family are members. However, now that most people have lost interest in the cult and couldn't care less what they do I feel the masons somehow miss the attention they used to recieve from the conspiracy theorists! Reminds me of that famous saying-Any attention is better than no attention at all!
I look on the masons like I do the Scout movement,or political parties, etc... If you're involved you understand the principles and rules and they are important to you. To those outside who aren't interested it all amounts to a big fat zero, and I think todays masons miss the attention they once received, whether that attention be good or bad, right or wrong!
What I find interesting is that these threads are self congratulating, slap on the back, aren't we great, and that nagging pain in the back of the arena that nobody cares anymore seems to be more annoying to the cult members than being accussed of being stanic, or involved in the NWO.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hey liveandletlive,

Just look at CholmondleyWarner 's posting style and recognise the green character (not the Hulk) for what he is (especially with the tripe of the most recent post).

DNFTT

Fitz

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Hey liveandletlive,

Just look at CholmondleyWarner 's posting style and recognise the green character (not the Hulk) for what he is (especially with the tripe of the most recent post).

DNFTT

Fitz

My lord, I rest my case. The defence rests. Fitz proves my point absolutely.
Just another attention seeking freemason who can't accept that some people are just not interested in them..Sorry if that little bombshell hurts your feelings Fitz but I'm afraid it's the truth!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
My lord, I rest my case. The defence rests. Fitz proves my point absolutely.
Just another attention seeking freemason who can't accept that some people are just not interested in them..Sorry if that little bombshell hurts your feelings Fitz but I'm afraid it's the truth!

Oh my feelings are just fine but thank you for asking.

All I can say is that your assertion is diametrically at odds with my 10 years experience as a Freemason outside of Toronto. I sponsored 4 new applicants last week and will likely sponsor another 2 more before a fortnight's passed. The rate of Initiations in our Lodge has been tracking steadily upward for about the last 5 years and this track has been mirrored in other Lodges both in the same Temple and in other Temples. We're actually at a point where we may well have to add a third monthly meeting to address the demand.

My experiences only; YMMV

Fitz

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

whichever the reason for your posting, I would like to personally thank you for the attention you have given. I like attention and I was starting to become sad. Now I am happy. So thanks again.
have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
TO chomlondley warner , these guys are gentleman , lets not blame them for the nwo , some masons believe the same things you and i do
At the end of the day they are useful allies and i truly believe that if the masons on ats believed that nwo was coming they would be on OUR side the peoples side .
Am I right network and fitz ect ?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
From what Ive learned about masons is the third degrees become illuminated and can go out side their bodies and see themselves. That they can see pure light. That is the same thing Indians do is your connection celtic because some one knows the true religeon. Indian shamans and medicine men knew this on their own did the masons simply exploit this is that why it was so easy to kill them. Or was it that masons were getting tired of Europe and decided to look for a new place to dwell. Lots of masons say that the Indians already new your symbology was that because some of the masons had already explored the new world before columbus and sent back word. History was written by whoever was in power and winning so I know we have to look at it from a different perspective not what is taught in school.

Why do you think that your Illumination is so much better than everyone elses.

How does it make your leaders better able to make decisions for free men.

Or do you simply use evil magic and trickery.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
So are the majority of masons here residents of North America?

I'm not currently in N. America, but that is where I am from.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
my husband is good friends with a 33 degree mason, i like him, he's a great guy. he does a ton of volunteer work he says masons are supposed to contribute to society. People by nature are afraid of what they don't understand & masons are famously a society with secrets. there is a more elusive society within the masons in which the world powers are chosen? there are builderburg & skull & bones. so i say yes there is a society with in a society but not all masons are involved. and Ive always heard if you want to be a mason ask a mason, it's really not all that elusive.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

When I'm back in the States I will be moving to the East Coast and just maybe zigzag my way across. I had plan on contacting the Masons here to meet.

I'll definitely have to jump up to New York to meet you face to face. I have an open invitation from Ed Harrison (Gen. Grand King, RAM International) to come and visit.

The Masons are not a cult. A lot of times old baseless accusations are used over and over again, using the same old lies that we've fought over and over again.

That's a very pessimistic way of looking at a Masonic Open House. They did it to educate those interested or curious. We don't worship anyone in the Lodge nor do we want people to marvel at the design.

For not caring, you sure seem to have a vested interest in defaming us.

1. If you've ever called someone "Mister (Mr.)" then you've called them Master. Plus, its only a titled bestowed to someone who was elected to that position.
2. Read some history of Stone Masons that built the cathedrals and temples of old. You really have some masculinity problems.
3. We don't wear it as a fashion, but as a designation, a badge of our Order.
4. That's nice.
5. We don't use Wizard as a title.

Learn some things first about the Craft then come back to us. Next.

We're not "us against the world". My only enemies are tyranny, fanaticism, and ignorance.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My only enemies are tyranny, fanaticism, and ignorance.
Yes me to friend , only thing is those who govern us use these against us .

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
Why do you think that your Illumination is so much better than everyone elses.
We don't. Nowhere will a Mason try to tell you that Masonry is the only path to enlightenment, or that it's a better path than any other.

But think of it like this.

Someone who's spent years at a university getting their doctorate studying X is probably going to know more about X than your average Joe on the street. It's not that Joe couldn't learn X on his own (the books are out there, and with time and effort, quite a bit could be learned), and it's not that Joe couldn't have gotten a PhD in X from a rival university; but odds are, the average person hasn't spent any time or effort even thinking about X, so they are, by definition, ignorant of it.

We can't force them to learn. They have to want to study it, to spend time learning it and understanding it. It's not like it can be summed up in an "X for Dummies" book... You actually have to figuratively "pay your dues" to learn by experience, and most people are simply too lazy to do so for any given value of X.
edit on 2011.1.31 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Someone who's spent years at a university getting their doctorate studying X is probably going to know more about X than your average Joe on the street. It's not that Joe couldn't learn X on his own (the books are out there, and with time and effort, quite a bit could be learned), and it's not that Joe couldn't have gotten a PhD in X from a rival university; but odds are, the average person hasn't spent any time or effort even thinking about X, so they are, by definition, ignorant of it.

We can't force them to learn. They have to want to study it, to spend time learning it and understanding it. It's not like it can be summed up in an "X for Dummies" book... You actually have to figuratively "pay your dues" to learn by experience, and most people are simply too lazy to do so for any given value of X.
edit on 2011.1.31 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

So you are admitting there is an x a symbol of higher knowledge than the common man which regardless of how you look at it gives you an advantage over the flock of man. Am I wrong in saying that it is very similar to religeon.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

So you are admitting there is an x a symbol of higher knowledge than the common man which regardless of how you look at it gives you an advantage over the flock of man. Am I wrong in saying that it is very similar to religeon.

Uh....no. I believe he said that if you go to university to study a particular subject (subject "X"), it can be safely expected that you will end up knowing more about subject "X" than the average person. Which is not to say that going to university to study subject "X" is the only way to acquire a comparable degree of understanding about subject "X".

Where in his post did you see him claiming anything like what you posted in response?
edit on 31-1-2011 by Fitzgibbon because: Correcting formatting and nested quotes

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

That's not what he said at all.
He said that if you study a given subject, an example I would give would be history, you would be more familiar with history than someone who has not studied history.
Now, both you and the person would have equal ability to, but perhaps he doesn't have the interest.
That's not against him, as a counter example, he may have studied one of the sciences (personal favorite is physics) so he would be more familiar with physics and the nature of atoms than you would, while you would know more of history than he would.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
When I'm back in the States I will be moving to the East Coast and just maybe zigzag my way across. I had plan on contacting the Masons here to meet.

I'll definitely have to jump up to New York to meet you face to face.

The beer is already iced. We can drink a few and laugh at the guy in North Carolina's misfortune.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join