It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor: Ohio mother put baby girl in microwave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Prosecutor: Ohio mother put baby girl in microwave

news.yahoo.com

Dayton, Ohio- A mother intentionally put her month-old
daughter in a microwave oven and cooked the child to death
after a fight with her boyfriend, a prosecutor told jurors
Thursday.

"She could have stopped it with one finger, but she didn't,"
Brandt said. "We know she used that microwave as the
instrument of death."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm nearly too disturbed, to comment. But I have to, because
a crime like this cannot go un-discussed.

I'm more sad for the infant, than angry at the mother. But
both emotions have been stirred.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/28/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
hometown news

a good friend of mines mother was supossed to be on the jury but she couldnt handle it so she got out of it.

crazy though

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Don't know if it will be a death penalty case, but if it isn't then those overseeing the case should be considered for the death penalty as well.

WTF??? I don't give a *snip* WHY she did it. She doesn't even deserve to have us deliberating over why. Send her to god and let him deal w/ her sorry arse.

MOD Note: Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors

[edit on 8/28/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yes, it will be a death-penalty case, as it should, justamomma. Sorry, I
had to read it again, my eyes couldn't seem to comprehend what the
article said in full.

I don't think God will have her!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wow, thats just... I think I'm gonna have troubles sleeping tonight.

I really can't put my disgust into words well enough to express it...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this has happened many times. I am 40 years old and remember this happening when I was in my teens and microwaves were new. A babysitter did it though while she was on acid... how sad... how very sad that we as humans could do such a thing to each other.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.nvnews.net...
elfninosmom.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i do not understand why people that are capable of such things even have children. Why would someone so evil and uncarring not have an abortion or give it up for adoption? what would make her even bring that child home from the hospital? that is really sick.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hmmm... Disturbing. She must have been EXTREMELY mentally stressed to do that.

Or, she had a more permanent mental disorder.

That's my two cents.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A simple bulle to the head of Ms. Arnold's head should be punishment enough. As a father, man the things I want her to suffer. But, I cannot stoop to such cruelty lest I become a victim of corruption. Therefore, even in my hands, a simple single bullet to the head.

Course if it were me, my fingers may just get a slight case of trigge happy and empty the clip in there.

Honestly, I am 23 and have been through alot,but when I hear this, I just want to cry.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Women get away with murder. Literally...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
There was a case like this a few years ago in my town here in England, although I think it was a conventional oven as opposed to a microwave. It stuck in my mind as I had just had my daughter at the time, so I was keenly aware of how vunerable children are.

I remember thinking it is a crying shame we don't have the death penalty here. The shocking thing is I do not even think the mother got that much time for it either, as she was a smack addict so got let off lightly for "mitigating circumstances".

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thats BS, junkie murder should be more reason to be dispatched. Just let the murderers roam free and live off our taxes, thats how too many would have it in this world.

She should be dispatched with haste.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Infants are humans in their pureist forms. They have never sinned or judged or thought anything negative of any other living thing. The fact that someone can do this to something so innocent so pure is absolutely disgusting. The worst example of the human species.

I too am more sad than mad.

I wish that I could gather my self up to want her dead but I cant its not my place, or any of our place, to judge anyone else and we should all remember that. No matter how horrible the crime.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

I think the same thing should be done to the mother

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

I too, recall a story like this back then, LunarLooney, but we all thought
that's all it was...thanks for adding relevant links to the topic! Star!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Originally posted by caballero

Infants are humans in their purest forms. They have never sinned or judged or thought anything negative of any other living thing.

How very well said, caballero, Star!

I wish that I could gather my self up to want her dead but I cant its not my place, or any of our place, to judge anyone else and we should all remember that.

Excellent advice, friend. The world needs more people like you!

A crime this henious will provoke tons of outrage though, and I'm sure
there's alot of people who won't be in good control of themselves, like
the ones closest to the family; I know; We grieved in such sadness and
anger over the abduction & murder of my Cousin last year.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Infants are humans in their pureist forms. They have never sinned or judged or thought anything negative of any other living thing. The fact that someone can do this to something so innocent so pure is absolutely disgusting. The worst example of the human species.

I too am more sad than mad.

I wish that I could gather my self up to want her dead but I cant its not my place, or any of our place, to judge anyone else and we should all remember that. No matter how horrible the crime.

since I am not an infant and not innocent by any means, I have no problem whatsoever judging her!! She put her baby girl in a microwave. hand me a gun and i'll have no problem judging what her fate will be!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I wish that I could gather my self up to want her dead but I cant its not my place, or any of our place, to judge anyone else and we should all remember that

I respectfully disagree with your statement. I believe an unemotional execution, no torture or anything corruptive like that needs to be invovled. The simplest, hasteful and cost effective manner is a simple bullet to the head.

If you were to defend yourself against a person that is attempting to kill you, the safest optino is to kill that person. It happens in every form of life, from US humans, to plants and animals, and all the way down to bacteria, viruses, and so on.

This person took the life, in a horrific manner mind you, of an innocent child, her own creation for that matter. This child did not have the ability to take up the basic natural instinct of preserving her own life. Any animal or human with the capacity would have done so.

It is up to society to honor the existence of the child by committing to the act of self-preservation after the fact. Of course it wont bring back the child, but it shows we ackonledge and respected her being. To just allow this person a free catering for the rest of the life would be a dishonor to the child.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is absolutely atrocious!!

How could you do that to any child let alone her own child?!?!?!
They say it is a death penalty offence and I say do it, and do it now!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join