It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amazing tonight at the DNC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Sure. Why not compare him to Hitler next? I forgot being an excellent speaker means that you'll become an evil dictator.

I mean look at Bush. He runs this country with impunity and he's a great speaker... oh wait.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ok i'll agree with you Obamatrons in this thread that Obama's speech was:

Amazing!
Perfect!
A Masterpiece!

*coughs* - holding back vomit here ... *clears throat* ..ummm, yeah.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

So you'd rather continue the policies we have seen over the past 8 years? Seriously?

3,000+ dead Americans because of a war based on lies? Thats what you prefer?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Do you have any real input to add?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yea what a speech.

I never heard so many impossible promises in such a short period of time.

But this is my favorite line...

"I am my brother's keeper"

His brother must be living it up.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Oh wait.....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Funny you should mention that phrase Wutone - "I am my brother's keeper".

It was used many, many times throughout the movie "New Jack City".

Has Obama ever come up with his own stuff?

Michelle also quoted the book "Rules for Radicals" which constantly refers to "The world as it should be" or "The world we want to see". She said this in her speech.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

He didn't even know his brother. His brother said he doesn't want Obama's money. He said that he is happy and just proud to be related to him.

What the hell else do you want from him?

Are you guys seriously just going to continue slinging mud or do you want to actually discuss something of real substance? Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Are you guys seriously just going to continue slinging mud or do you want to actually discuss something of real substance? Jesus Christ.

That question should be asked to Obama.

Including the "Jesus Christ" part with the way people have been treating him.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Y'know, it makes me laugh when I see people spending so much time typing walls of text to try and describe why (random name goes here) is terrible for (random explanations here)...

I personally thought Obama's speech was rather good. Some of it was a little cheesy (fireworks, for example...)... but for the most part, I enjoyed the message he was conveying.
However, you people who do all this mud slingin'... what do you do with your lives?

You're typing your heart out, trying your hardest to persuade people who like Obama into thinking he's a horrible choice, while Obama gives a speech to thousands upon thousands of people.
Whether you like it or not, Obama will be in the history books.

And where will you be? Typing away at another forum, hoping that your opinion on a person will change the minds of others...
Good work.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Yea us peons should just shut up, keep our opinions to ourselves, and let "lord" Obama gain his destined spot as President of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
wutone and jetxnet.

You guys really lead me to believe that the kind of change Obama talks about is far too late.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
But you cannot take away from him that the speech was delivered with perfection. That he is a great orator of our time. That his ability to speak - and through speaking lead - may be able to revive our diplomacy throughout the world.

Obama is the exact opposite of what is in office now... and that's just what some people are looking for.

This statement shows how you and many others have been fooled, Sublime620. Obama is only opposite in appearance (and I'm NOT talking about the color of his skin). He runs on almost the exact same platform as McCain. When in office it will be business as usual.

Don't feel bad, most people think that they actually have a choice.

It wasn't the delivery of the speech I've been commenting on. Obama is a good speaker, but let's get real, Biden could have delivered THAT speech. I was expecting something more from our "historic" leader.

And I see you have conveniently ignored my challenge, Sublime620 so I will repeat it:

Here is a link to the transcript of his speech:

Obama Acceptance Speech

please quote the part where Obama explains how he is going to do all the things that HOPE can make possible.

thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

He alluded to things he would do. It is not only impossible to truly list how he can do the things he said he would in a speech... but it isn't an effective way of speaking (which is why he is up there and not you).

If you want detailed plans, you need to do research. Look on his website. You can do the same with McCain - McCain also won't list exactly how he will accomplish his goals (since that would be long winded and retarded).

Good thing we have such people of amazing intelligence like you here so that we don't "all get fooled". Don't feel bad, many people think they know inside information that others don't when they are just being paranoid.

For example, here's a 55 page PDF that lists some of his goals and how he plans to attain them:

Blueprint for Change

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Yea us peons should just shut up, keep our opinions to ourselves, and let "lord" Obama gain his destined spot as President of the U.S.

Haha. Opinions are fine. Yell your opinion from roof tops for all I care.
However, this does not stop me from laughing when someone with no experience in politics just goes on and on about nothing, just because they feel the need to be confrontational.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

However, this does not stop me from laughing when someone with no experience in politics just goes on and on about nothing, just because they feel the need to be confrontational.

Are you talking about Obama? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Funny you should mention that phrase Wutone - "I am my brother's keeper".

It was used many, many times throughout the movie "New Jack City".

Has Obama ever come up with his own stuff?

Michelle also quoted the book "Rules for Radicals" which constantly refers to "The world as it should be" or "The world we want to see". She said this in her speech.

Hey Jet...ever read the bible?

The sentiment is biblical. Your propaganda is has no bounds.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Exactly.

Such as saying stuff like: "He talked about all of this stuff in his speech but didn't list how he would do it all". Do these people really want him to break out a budget and show where he will make cuts and which departments he will bolster?

Go read a book, a newspaper, or his website.

I've had at least 3 people comment on him not giving gifts to his daughter and not having a pet. That isn't politics. That isn't politics in a High School government election...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Hey Jet...ever read the bible?

The sentiment is biblical. Your propaganda is has no bounds.

Has Obama? I doubt it. He got that line from the movie, "New Jack City". Look that up.

It's about Black oppression against the "White system", sound familiar? You bet it does. It is the whole basis for the Trinity church, which Obama attended and listened to anti-Americanism and blaming Whites for everything in the world for that 20 year span.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Has Obama? I doubt it. He got that line from the movie, "New Jack City". Look that up.

It's about Black oppression against the "White system", sound familiar? You bet it does. It is the whole basis for the Trinity church, which Obama attended and listened to anti-Americanism and blaming Whites for everything in the world for that 20 year span.

Paranoid much? Yes, Obama is out to get all of the whites because he is black and running for President.

I suppose the fact that his mother and half of his family is white doesn't affect the circumstances. Honestly, do you know anything about politics, or do you just prefer gossip?

I'd love to see you talk about anything that should actually be considered when deciding who to vote for.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join