It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amazing tonight at the DNC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Well, thanks for pointing that out. (slap myself). I read so quickly I didn't grasp everything. Obama was good. I will be excited though protesting the RNC. Hehehe. It will be a 10 minute drive from my house in St. Paul. I could practically hear the protesting I bet.

Well. Two thumbs up then

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

That's awesome, man. I wish I was able to attend either of the conventions. This is such an amazing year in politics for our country and I am glad to be a part of it.

Edit: And I took the "it" out of the title so now it just says "Obama killed tonight at the DNC". I think that's less confusing.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Good job!
, that 'it' part of it changed the entire meaning. He did a good job, and from what I can tell of the hordes of analyst teams is that he:

1. Discussed directly every issue from gay rights to gun control

2. Attacked directly McCain and the RNC, and the Bush Admin specifically (Expected)

3. Basically challenged McCain to a debate if he has a problem with his judgment or experience.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
except that now the title could very well cause wide-spread panic.... you might want to read that again...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
Obama never had a pet and doesn't give any gifts to his daughters for holidays or birthdays;

Wait... what?

Can you source that? Or is your mind just made-up without the facts?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I just ignored it. When someone is attacking another person by stating they don't give gifts or have pets... what can I say back?

I don't care if he wears a lapel or not.

I don't care if he has pets.

I don't care what types (if any) of presents he gives.

I just want someone who will run this country with honesty and integrity. Don't feed the trolls with questions or else they'll keep coming back!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes, who gives! At this point in time, if you are thinking realistically, you have two choices: McCain or Obama. I am reluctant to quote Obama, but I will, "We don't need four more years!". I'm sorry, the Republicans had their chance, pass the torch.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't care, I don't support Obama but posting blatant horse crap and then calling the rest of the room "simple, misgiuded, and made-up without the facts" and alluding to those people being stubborn wastes of one's time is the very thing that ruins politics.

I'm reminded of the line "Opinions are like A-holes", but if I stated my true feelings on the arrogance of that post I'd likely be banned for excessive profanity.

I don't have a problem with people's opinions as long as there is evidence to back up the opinion. But good god, how is anything he said in that post relevant to anything?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

No, he hasn't posted any evidence to back it up. But, getting back, Why should you care if he backs it up? It takes 5 minutes to look up, or snoop around for some information if you were really interested in it. I give people SOME faith to trust them. How can you live your life if you can trust no one. Living in constant fear.

Give people some slack, most of the time their good people, you just need to tone down the vigilance meter a little bit.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
damm! i thought he was killed!...you really need to think about your thread titles.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by eNumbra

No, he hasn't posted any evidence to back it up. But, getting back, Why should you care if he backs it up? It takes 5 minutes to look up, or snoop around for some information if you were really interested in it. I give people SOME faith to trust them. How can you live your life if you can trust no one. Living in constant fear.

Give people some slack, most of the time their good people, you just need to tone down the vigilance meter a little bit.

Unfortunately I question everything and everyone, I tend to over-analyze, I know.

I'm well aware that not everyone has an agenda, I've learned to accept that regardless of what I say or do, people will most likely never change. Whether they are 99% belligerent or 1% belligerent, they are human and that in itself is the flaw.

Crap like that post however, offends me as a rational, thinking being.

edit: I could be too used to flame wars, in which case ignore me for now.

edit for wording choice.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I also wanted to add that I am very impressed with CNN's handling of this. Currently on Larry King Live, they have two Republican's on giving detailed criticisms of Obama's speech.

This is a far cry from what I'd expect to see on Fox News after a McCain speech. Possibly a spineless nobody would defend the liberals, but he would be told to shut up after 5 seconds by O'Reilly, rendering him useless.

They talked about whether Obama could really raise the money necessary to do the things he talked about in the speech. They also criticized him for attacking McCain (since he is supposed to be above that). Also, they talked about Obama saying McCain voted with the Bush Administration (that most of the votes were on small issues, not big ones).

Not that I necessarily agree, but I was impressed that CNN would do that. Fox is far from unbiased and rarely gives any intelligent rebuttal to the typical Republican onslaught and I was glad to see that CNN still upholds some journalistic integrity.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Be interesting to see if McCain can say something decent about Obama

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Changed from "killed it" to "killed" to now "amazing".

Good?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Well, sorry if I offended you, but the chances of it being true were too good. I just am more used to looking at the good side of people (was that from a movie or something?!)

But I suppose you do have a right to question the facts, this is ATS, go for it. Well, it doesn't really matter to me anyways.

Also, I was not a Obama supporter. I attended his rally in St. Paul in June, not too convinced still on where he stands. After picking Biden, who I was for initially, swayed my support. His expertize in Foreign Policy made me feel a little better about Obama.

I was also NOT intending to flame.... just putting that out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
Be interesting to see if McCain can say something decent about Obama

He sure can, but the timing is wrong. Right now it would play into the Democrats hands if McCain said something warm and fuzzy about Obama right after their convention. Has Obama taken the chance while grandstanding to say something decent about McCain? If he did, do you think the media would cover it? The MSM only covers the negatives.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by eNumbra

Well, sorry if I offended you, but the chances of it being true were too good. I just am more used to looking at the good side of people (was that from a movie or something?!)

I was also NOT intending to flame.... just putting that out there.

You didn't I was trying to clarify why I felt I couldn't ignore it.

And don't worry I know you didn't intend to flame or insult me. I'm simply used to a few message boards where we tend to act like sharks when there is blood in the water around posts like the one that started my mini-tirade.

no offense taken, and none intended.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I didn't mean to sound critical. Just through me for a loop for a sec.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying that, I don't usually hang out on the more populated board

One last thing before I fall asleep here:

Whether you like it or not, One Jan. 20th, 2009, John McCain or Barrack Obama will be President of the United States. My reasons personally for this, much based off of what happened at the DNC are:

1. We don't need 4 more years of republican agenda, you had your chance, pass the torch

2. Joe Biden. In a time where diplomacy is critical, he will be a invaluable asset to the United States.

3. Barrack Obama: He isn't perfect, but we need some one we can all at least all agree on.

4. We need a Democrat, not a Republican to spur this coming economy boom.... possibly

5. Again, the people like him, I know many steady Republicans that could at least live with Barrack Obama as president, can't say that the other way around though.

Thanks for listening,

truth_seeker3

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Never know....Obama could be one of those that had some questionable positions on his voting record but then again... Sometimes you have to play the game to jockey yourself into position where you can right wrongs.

I can tell you one thing for sure. No presidential ticket has moved me to tears and restored a bit of hope like he and bidens son did. No not one. Before... I fell into the category of...They are all corrupt, another empty promise, Obama sounds alot like Osama so the ones that rule behind the scenes are messing with our heads, the gay dude that came out and accused Obama of gay sex and coc aine in a limo..all of it ran through my head

Possible truth of the matter
Poor cowboy oil mafia fear this guy is probably the real truth...The european families arent too sure what to make of it or what he might do but they know they cant go with McCain...Is he with us or is he with the commoner. Will he go against the will of the order like Kennedy did or can we buy him like we did all the others?

Interesting times indeed

[edit on 28-8-2008 by fastwalker23]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join