It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing my paradigm.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Again, just so I don't accused of 'trolling' for points, I put this in Board Business.

Since I'm a man, and am reaching my fifties....I'm dealing with something that many, many other men likely struggle with....hair loss.

Just yesterday, went for my (long-overdue) haircut.....and decided, "Just trim it down....it'll grow back!"

Well...I allowed my long-time hair cutter (who, by the way, is prematurely bald) just have at it!! I mean, I trust his judgement, after four years of him, cutting my hair.

With the short crop, I now realize that NOT ONLY did I have a bald spot, I am also having the standard 'high forehead' creep....or what's known as 'male pattern baldness'....I think.

Was so unconvinced.....for these many long years....and there is NO WAY to hide this condition!!

And, people who attempt it (with the exception of William Shater, maybe) should stop!!

So....I used to be told I looked like Robin Williams (back about 15 years ago)....so now? I think I look more like a heavy-set Corbin Bernson!!

Or, I just look like me, with shorter hair!!!!

Comments???

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not to worry weedwhacker. Your are just becoming more intelligent.

Your brain is growing with knowledge and pushing your hair out. This is, of course, a good thing.

Your ATS family loves you just as you are.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As the comedian Gallagher put it:
"At the beginning of time, the essence of gorilla faced God & said, "I want hair!"
God said, "It's gonna cost you brains."
Gorilla responded, "I want hair!"
So he got hair...Me, I get brains."

My Dad used to tell me that he didn't really have a bald spot. It was a collecting panel for a solar-powered love machine.

Sometimes, when people see me wearing my hat, they ask me why. I take off my hat & show my bald spot. Then they tell me that I was going bald because I wear a hat so much. I tell them that I didn't start wearing a hat so much until after I started going bald...And that's the truth.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The good news is you have less overhead.

Sorry weedwacker, I just had to say it.

With age, I have gained weight and wrinkles. The parts of me that were once firm sag loosly. It's just a part of growing older. No need to fret. We can't be young forever. I'll take age and expeirece over youth any day. Besides, it's always fun to take out the old pictures and show your friends how hot you used to be.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thanks for that positiveness, dizzie!!

Sorry, there's no need for anything other than a one-line response!

WW

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Midnight......BuHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

I just spit up my beverage, on the keyboard (needed a cleaning anyway....)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

darkelf.....you, dizzie and Midnight have certainly made it funny as heck to see why we have some many good souls here at ATS....even if we may disagree about one issue, we eventually come together to agree about something....and aging, growing older....it's something ALL we humans face, regardless.

Now, about my paradigms........

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Weedwhacker, good onya for your openness.

Have y'ever noticed how hair loss on your head is directly proportional to the hair gain in your ears? I have a working theory that we don't actually LOOSE hair -- it just reverses direction.

About ten years ago, I got tired of always trimming, unsatisfied with the look, and God knows the bozo look isn't appealing for anyone other than Bozo himself, and perhaps Moe of the Stooges, so long growth was out. I started shaving my head. The first time you do it, you think you're going to faint from blood loss. Should you elect to try this, here's a few tips:

1. Use a tri-blade. SOME disposables (Gillette) tri-blades are okay.

2. Trim all your hair close first.

3. Keep the blades of the razor rinsed off, otherwise part of the blade cuts and part does not, and it's a prescription for a nick.

4. As with your face, hot water on the [closely trimmed] scalp, shaving cream or gel.

5. Important. Keep your scalp pulled tightly. Most nicks occur when the blades "catch".

6. Even passes, against the grain. Feel for where errant patches weren't shaved, pass over again.... evenly, not too much pressure.

7. Don't forget to shave your neck. This is the worst look of all -- shaved head and furry neck. ha

8. Avoid the temptation to acquire a straight razor, unless you've used one for YEARS. Cuts made with such an instrument require a towel, and possibly stitches. word.

9. I have no more tips, but 9 is my favorite number.

Good luck, and may you be blessed with a less bumpy coconut than my own.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Hey now, I've been bald for years, where's my love?
I'm also fat and stupid, so there WW!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

argent....

again, as all have offered.....it is such a pleasure to read your responses!

about 'coming forward'? Nah, I ain't that great, just chatting about a personal issue, but doing it on Board Business....so I guess it's OK?

I fought it, for the last few years.....couldn't look closely in the mirror, but saw some photos from last month!! OY!

Then, Corbin Bernson guest-starred on some TV show and I thought "If he could do it, I could do it!!!"

Not to diss Matt Lauer...he plunged in as well!!!

A couple of decades ago, I looked like Robin Williams.....then he got REALLY hairy!! (joke)

Anyway, now I guess I resemble Mr. Corbin Bernson more than Mr. Williams....and I have to fight off the body hair with a weedwhacker!! (hint)

As to actual shaving.....not gone that route yet. BUT, I'll leave it up to my wonderful hair-cutter to help me....he's really cute, even with a bald head!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD....you aren't stupid!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I've never read anywhere on ATS where you've admitted to being bald, until now...So how were we to know? Ok, so here's your dose of love...XOXOXOX

Another thing is that how were we to know that you're fat? Can't really see that over the internet, can we? As long as you don't look like a lifeboat after the ripcord's been pulled
, I wouldn't have anything against that either.

As Ben Franklin said, "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." But having seen some of your work here at ATS, being stupid is obviously something you don't work at.

Argentus, perhaps you should tell Gallagher your tips on shaving the head...He probably could have used that advice:
"I'm tired of going through life looking like a bowling ball wearing a hula skirt."

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

You guys never saw my picture?

Hello world!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's me!!! except for the glasses....I've upgraded to contacts.......

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You guys never saw my picture?
Hello world!

Jeeez! You really need to consider upgrading to a newer model of webcam...

"I guess I don't so much mind being old, as I mind being fat and old." -- Ben Franklin
Not any better adding baldness too, huh? You know what the courts do to a three-time loser, don'cha?

Ya' know, after all of the doom-n-gloom with corporate/media/government coverups/manipulation/oppression/repression elsewhere in ATS, I just love a little release of absurdity once in a while.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

SD, what happened to the 'unibrow'?

The guys at FOX won't sue you.....really.....(and if you believe that, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

SD, what happened to the 'unibrow'?

It made me look plump. It's much better this way. Especially at the airport. No more cavity searches for SDog. I hope.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
REPLY TO SD [reply feature not working]

You, Sir, force me to use deductive reasoning to reply to your post.

1. You've clearly demonstrated you are not stupid, therefore, your other assertations are in question.

2. "Fat" is a term of subjective measurement, as is "stupid", and you provided no yardstick by which to evaluate your statement.

3. "Bald" on the other hand, is in itself a measurable variable. Bald being equal to cranially hairless, with the exception of facial and/or auricular growth. Now, an unfortunate term is often used, namely "balding", that is, in the process of being bald, or more bald than "haired". ha

By that same token, we have things that are deemed "fattening" -- foods and accoutrements that are thought to tend one's body toward the state of "fat".

Thus, I assert, through logical reasoning, that the most you could demonstrate is that you are "stupiding" or leaning more towards loosing your wit than gaining it. Personally, I think that's quite a stretch, given your standard post quality.

I submit that the foregoing has served to debunk your self-effacing post, however that's certainly no reason to not give you your due, your dollop of intrAnet love.

Yes, I've had a tweak too much espresso. However, we're watching a reply of last night's NASCAR Sprint Cup, and that should settle me nicely into a gentler place.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

AAaaaaaaHAH!

As to actual shaving.....not gone that route yet. BUT, I'll leave it up to my wonderful hair-cutter to help me....he's really cute, even with a bald head!!

Now I understand.... were you to shave your head, that would end the process, and you'd have no reason to go to your hair-cutter. Methinks this will take a series of fine-tuned hair experiments to arrive at the proper cut

Keep in mind also, that depending upon your skin tones and the degree of UV radiation you've absorbed, the first time one plunges ahead and shaves the thing off, it often looks startlingly pale. Another downside is that hair -- even a little -- is a better protection against headbonks than people realize. I want to find the person who decided baseball caps should have a hard metal button at the peak of the crown. Then, I want to force them to wear one of their caps, and thump them on the metal button, so THEY can see how driving a small metal button into their scalp feels.

Finally, and lucky for you, I am coming off my espresso buzz now, being completely bald gives you a distinct combat atvantage, in that you can use this shiny reflective surface to blind your opponent.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Finally, and lucky for you, I am coming off my espresso buzz now, being completely bald gives you a distinct combat atvantage, in that you can use this shiny reflective surface to blind your opponent.

Another advantage is that you can commit head-butts on whomever you wish & never worry about whether your hairdresser will scold you for messing up all of his/her fine work.

There's also economical advantages too: Never have to buy brushes, combs, shampoos & conditioners, no hair sprays...
Maybe just a polishing cloth & a little Pledge furniture polish will keep you going for a few days before you need to "refresh" yourself. Turtle Wax may keep you going for weeks!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join