It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there are more conspiracy theorists now than 6 or 7 years ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was just wondering how people that believe the government and mass media account of 9/11 reconcile the fact that, since 9/11, rather than the conspiracy theories diminishing and being debunked, they've instead gained the support of non-profit organizations of scientists and engineers, professional airline pilots, etc. over the years.

The longer this information is around, the more support it gradually builds. Has Ryan Mackey came up with a cute theory for this yet, or are you guys still scratching your heads?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think it has much less to do with a large rise in the actual number of "conspiracy theorists" (why do y'all use that phrase anyway....it's a pure propaganda phrase) as it is to do with the fact that it has become more mainstream, and the average person has much more access to info and communication to form a theory and talk about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
the average person has much more access to info and communication to form a theory and talk about it.

That doesn't mean they necessarily have to agree with the information and then start founding non-profit organizations, does it? That seems like something they would only do if they were convinced something is wrong.

why do y'all use that phrase anyway....it's a pure propaganda phrase

I know but it's not like it makes any difference to people who can't see past propaganda anyway. So I don't even care.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
the average person has much more access to info and communication to form a theory and talk about it.

That doesn't mean they necessarily have to agree with the information and then start founding non-profit organizations, does it? That seems like something they would only do if they were convinced something is wrong.

why do y'all use that phrase anyway....it's a pure propaganda phrase

I know but it's not like it makes any difference to people who can't see past propaganda anyway. So I don't even care.

True, it doesnt mean they organize, but with more people privy to the info, you are definately more likely to get more proactive people on board. I do think that 9/11 brought it into a lot of minds that, holy crap, there really is something sinister going on here, those peole arent just cooks, but I do truly believe that a lot of it has to do with the lack of ability to keep like minded people seperated anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Access to information ie. the internet and sites like this. Makes you wonder why the powers that be allowed us to have internet at all! Probably because they knew it wouldnt make any difference if the sheep know their going to the slaughter house or not!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh and they reason why people actually stay interested in conspiracies is because theirs only so much bull# a person can take before they turn around and say......

LIARS!!!, BIG FAT SMELLY LIARS! IM SICK OF IT AND I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO YE'RE LIES ANYMORE!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why is confrontation so important to you, and the so-called truth movement?

If we are wrong, why do you care? Stop wasting time making forum posts and get to it! Get in front of the media! Get your 'smoking gun evidence' to a sympathetic District Attorney and get the prosecutions underway!

After all, you are concerned with bringing the murderers of 3,000 innocents to justice, no? I ask, because, for more than half a decade you guys have been crowing about your 'evidence' but haven't taken a single action to bring the perpetrators to justice.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's called moving the goal posts:

Pod Planes.. with Explosives to:

Holograms...to:

Remote controlled planes...to:

Bombs in the WTC...to:

thermite in the WTC...to:

thremAte in the WTC...to:

Hydrogen Bombs and other exotic weaponry.

From Alive Hijackers to No hijackers....

From missile hitting the Pentagon ...to:

A flyover at the Pentagon.

From The Arabs to the Bushes

From the Natzis to the Jews.

It's a flavor of the week sort of thing.

Only thing...all the flavors suck.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 21-8-2008 by ThroatYogurt]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Has Ryan Mackey came up with a cute theory for this yet, or are you guys still scratching your heads?

Have you contaced Ryan Mackey with the corrections that he was supposed to make in reference to his paper? You know the one showing Dr. Griffin his errors?

(Dr. Griffin hasn't either...don't feel bad)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
If we are wrong, why do you care?

Because I love you?

Stop wasting time making forum posts and get to it! Get in front of the media! Get your 'smoking gun evidence' to a sympathetic District Attorney and get the prosecutions underway!

What makes you think this is really what I want?

reply to post by ThroatYogurt

I really am confused as to how, for example, non-profit organizations start popping up because of the argumentative fallacy you refer to as "moving the goal posts," but maybe you were responding to someone else.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Six or Seven years ago, the Internet was just starting to be used by mass public. Surly since that time, we have seen the increase of knowledge at a staggering rate due to the fact that everyone is sharing information.

I don't believe this is always the right information, but none the less cultures, ideas, and people are connecting in ways that have not been seen, at least in the current age that is. Lots of ideas have always been around, it is only after communication is innovated upon that these "ideas" begin to mingle and take shape.

Before the printing press there was just word of mouth. This is why a mans word was so important to keep and not deviate from. We used to be able to trust someone when they said, "I give you my word". Nowadays, what word can be trusted, but that of your family and closest friends and even that can be shaky. No one really has there own word anymore, but rely on others to up hold truth.

Perhaps that is why so many "conspiracies" exist, because people would rather blame someone else then to verify things on their own? If something can't be verified personally, then why would we even become involved in things we don't have the actual facts about?

In these times, people lay in wait for someone else's word to be proved wrong. Instead of finding out for themselves the truth of the matter, which can only be proved to them by them, they look to someone else to do it for them. Truly backwards I'd say. We are nations raised by television, not personal vision. If we don't work to give ourselves the truth, which can not be told to us, only known by us, why would we expect others to give us such a wonderful gift?

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I really am confused as to how, for example, non-profit organizations start popping up because of the argumentative fallacy you refer to as "moving the goal posts," but maybe you were responding to someone else.

No sir, I was responding to you.

Can you please present one of these "non-profit" snake-oil salesmen that have presented any facts that shows the "inside job?"

The goal post movement is a true statement and you know it. It is present in almost every thread in here.

Wow...thats cool.. "The Goal Post Movement" .. I may copyright that .

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why are there are more conspiracy theorists now than 6 or 7 years ago?

Because of the worldwide AWAKENING my friend.....
People are awakening to MANY truths that once were hidden.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What makes you think this is really what I want?

If you lack the initiative to take action on your convictions (3,000 innocents were murdered by their own government, and you believe in 'smoking gun evidence' to support this assertion) why bother posting on an internet forum? To what end? Why? For what purpose?
For arguments sake?

My thought is, if you honestly believe in a giant conspiracy, and you believe there is obvious, smoking gun evidence, isn't it your civic duty to act on it?

I don’t mean any personal disrespect (truly); if you’re just making noise....why?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
Pod Planes.. with Explosives to:

I have posted photos of airliner and civilian planes carrying recon, ECM and weapons pods.

Remote controlled planes...to:

I posted lots of infomration on remote control sysyems.

From Alive Hijackers to No hijackers....

There is no DNA evidence that all the hijackers are dead.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

I mean come on lets at least be serious here..Untill Bushs regime is completely out of the white house there is no way any da is going to touch anything in any serious kind of way. Bush has already laid his track record with the way he will handle any convictions on his watch(with libby). I cant wait to see who gets pardoned on his way out, should be very interesting.
I dont think any serious investigation will take place regarding how they were able to actually get away with everything they did before they even boarded the planes let alone how they were able to take over the planes and make it to there targets.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why is confrontation so important to you, and the so-called truth movement?

No confrontation that was just directed at your government, not you.

If we are wrong, why do you care? Stop wasting time making forum posts and get to it! Get in front of the media! Get your 'smoking gun evidence' to a sympathetic District Attorney and get the prosecutions underway!

I suppose I care because you are fellow human beings and maybe we dont like the fact that there's even the slightest chance that your government is lying to and manipulating its people. But hey, if your happy about ignoring the fact that no matter how many conspiracies are thrown around, there is definitly SOMETHING not right with your government.

After all, you are concerned with bringing the murderers of 3,000 innocents to justice, no? I ask, because, for more than half a decade you guys have been crowing about your 'evidence' but haven't taken a single action to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Ever think that the reason so many people talk about this subject to promote awareness. Only when the sheepile wake up and decide there not standing for this anymore then maybe, just maybe you'll get your country back.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bravo to you for "raising awareness". High-fives all around.

We are talking about the murder of over 3,000 innocents. Either you have the conviction of your beliefs, or you don't. It's been almost seven years. Sitting in front of a computer making post after post after post about 'smoking gun' evidence and doing absolutely nothing about it is obscene.

Stop urinating on the graves of those who died for your entertainment. If you believe what you say, do something.

Raising awareness? Are you for real?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
More and more people being exposed to the lies of David Griffin, Alex Jones, Craig Ranke etc....and believing them.

Look at the recent posts on ATS..

Power Down of both towers.....long ago shown to be not true.

Bush in charge of security at the WTC....again, long ago shown not to be true

No airplanes in PA or the Pentagon...long ago, shown that there were indeed planes in both locations.

Hijackers still alive...long ago shown that this isnt true either...

And yet, every couple months, these come up from someone new as some sort of news flash. So it isnt an "awakening" its a shame that more people are believing everything they read on the internet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join