It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red light flying in the sky..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
not sure if you are addressing me or somebody else , but if its me you are asking then if you read the whole thread you will notice my first post on page one which has been made quiet some time ago describing where and what I saw exactly

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Some of this "activity" you saw could be down to the Orionid meteor shower. Could you have seen individual meteors, and thought they were the same object?

Meteors will only move in a straight line - but they sometime split into two, before disappearing.

Originally posted by atzmaz
Not sure when you saw this but could it have been the Indian Space Launch?

Seen from Canada!? Unlikely...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not quite three years ago, an enormous red light was outside my kitchen window. Thinking back, it was about the size of a quarter, held at arms length (used to think about the size of a dime) I held out a quarter, and yes, it was about that size, approximately a mile away as the crow flies. Anyhoo, it moved toward the northeast for a moment or two, and made what looked to me like a 90 degree turn to the right. Keep in mind that the object was at the horizon by now, having crossed the flight path of the Minneapolis/St. Paul intl airport. ( yes I could see airplanes just after takeoff, object was much bigger than the planes appeared from my area) After the right turn, the object went behind a water tower that is again, about a mile from my house as the crow flies, but the object didn't reappear from the other side of the tower. The kicker is, that I saw a number of search lights come on, as if trying to light up the object.

The object was bright red, and dimmed almost to the point of going out, only to grow brighter again. Pulsating light would best describe it.

I never even thought about running upstairs to grab my camera, nor did I holler for my wife to look out the window, but now, I wish I had done both.

This was my third but by far my best sighting.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I was just out looking at the stars and I saw a red light, with no tail, go from horizon to horizon. I don't think it was a plane because it was just a red light with no other lights and did not flash. It basically looked like a red star floating across the sky. I could not tell how far away it was, but it looked far. Does this sound similar to anything else other people have seen? or does anyone know what this could of been?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I dont know if the relevance too this post is just because of the red light, but when me and my sister were litte and in her room, we saw a cluster of lights , we both thought it was a chopper cuz the news had said that there was a convict escaped on the North east side of San Antonio. but then the lights broke apart...and starting going every wich way...it was strange think of just little lights both white blue and white red, some with smaller blue orbs too their sides, and red ones, but never red on red or blue or blue, one of the predominatley red ones came really close too the window...and it just hoverd...there was no way for me too tell what it was thinking...or what it was studying...there was no emotion in these lights...but during this whole thing niether me or my sister ever got scared..these lights didnt seem too be dangerous, and after jsut hovering there for a while it took off and all the lights came togather and then left. and we never quite understood what happend. it was just something we have both accepted. but this is the first time ive ever typed it, or tried too explain it in any way...so forgive me if my terminology or anything are off. I just want too know if anybody else has seen or expierienced anything of the same sort.

*Snip*
Personal Information Removed

[edit on 11/8/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPayt
I was out last night when suddenly this red light came flying right below the skys.. it was certainly not a plane because im pretty sure they dont use red lights
it was also flying too fast to be a plane and it didnt move like a plane either, it was flying too smoothly to be a plane

i'd like to know if anybody has ever seen this kind of thing, or has any idea of what it could be

Could have been the ISS. When it passes overhead it does look like a reddish bright light in the sky.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hi im from holland and i saw just a wile (that is abbout 10 to 10,15 pm) ago 4 bright red lights moving over in 2 min intervals and verry fast like 3 to 4 x the normal planes it looked like reenteries but 4 after ea they starded some where in the east and moving to west the light starded above gemany some where looking at the angle of the sky and my point and ended some where right on top of me could be something to do white the vieuw.
i was out side because i doned smoke in side the house for an year and 1/2 we have an son and i saw 5 times before faling meteors and they go an bit fatser and never more than 1 and never in an same line and go out fast to.

btw my gf saw the last 1 to

anny sugestions??

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I saw a red glowing light in the sky it was during the day.It was traveling
from east to west then turned and started going north.This light was bigger in size than any plane and moved like it was floating.It was bright red in the middle and had a glow of lighter red around it.When it went out of sight it just floated down like a parachute behind the tree line. I dont know what it was but it was amazing and it was huge there is know way it was a plane and I have looked at 100 photos of metors and I didnt find a one that looked like that.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

i have jus seen large red ball of light in sky, watched it go across, til it was too small to see anymore, quite quick, lvery big, not flashing or blinking, defo not a plane or helicopter, not a comet or meteor or shooting star...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I have looked at 100 photos of metors and I didnt find a one that looked like that.

That's probably because:

1. Daytime fireballs are extremely rare to see, and photographs of them even more so.

2. Meteor photographs will never look like the meteor looked like to you because they are usually made by exposing the sensor/film for a relatively long time. Just like the trails of sparklers spelling out a word in a photo, a meteor photo will look no more like a meteor than a photograph of a sparkler trail will look like a sparkler.

This short animation which is an Orionid meteor that was posted on Spaceweather.com illustrates the point:

You'd be much better off looking at videos rather than still images.

Here's a compilation of footage to get you started: uk.youtube.com...

I've uploaded a bunch of videos here also, including rare daytime footage of a fireball (see my post back on page 2 which also refers to this same fireball that was filmed in 1972):
www.sendspace.com...

Remember, ever meteor is unique, so you might not find an event that appears like the one you saw, but you should see similar characteristics in some of the footage.

Edit to add: you might also find this thread here useful: Seen a swift moving light in the sky?

[edit on 27-12-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Saw Red / amber light in sky above Gloucestershire about 19:10 GMT 31/12/08 slightly towards the south. Stationary, no navigation lights. Witnessed by wife and 6 yr old son stationary on side of road.
Faded away.

This is the second sighting of same light but in different parts of the sky. First sighting 24/12/08 above Gloucestershire towards SW sky.
Once again it faded away without moving.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi, I saw something that sounds very similar to what you are describing. It was definately NOT a plane, I work in the aerospace industries and whilst all aircraft to have a flashing navigation light on the wing tip, this light was steady and much brighter, almost like aa red firework cinder. It didnt seem to be moving irratically, much the same as an aircraft and I would say at about cruising altitude. It seemed to be changing from Red to Orange and morphing from a ball shape into a small thin vertical line. This was last night (14/02/09) at 22:05 over Chiswick. My housemate also witnessed it and said he felt at was strange. I really would love an explanation if anyone knows what it might have been because I am stumped. The only thing I could think was an aircraft in some kind of trouble possibly with an engine fire but why would they be so hi, surely they would be immediately diverting into Heathrow. Also, it had no other lights on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i seen something like you said last night it was a glowing red light and it dropped white light then they both disapeared

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I live in arlington between fort worth and dallas. Over the past few weeks I have seen the red and white light blinking in the sky. The light moved from south to north at a pretty good speed. I cant say how fast but I felt like the speed was quick but not out of the range of normal plane speeds. The lights blinked on and off every two-three seconds. Thought this was odd because planes have to keep lights on at all time for air traffic safety. If anyone can give me more back on this that would be great. I have been looking through posts on government planes but not coming up with anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i can see them almost every night above warwick Midlands UK today something weird happened i could only see 1 and it was going way faster then usually anyway i realised that on bonfire night and on new years eve there where up to 40 red/orange dots 1 went right above me i took a pic it looked like a combination of fire and electricity in a rather weird oval shape because it was flying slowly i assumed it saw me whatever it was

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hi, i just joined this site to report what I have just seen. I live in london and whilst out having a cig in my garden I spotted a thin red line glide across the sky. It didn't seem to be a plane because there were no plane noises, no flashing lights and it moved too fast. It seemed too oval to be the shape of a plane either. After about 20 seconds it just faded out and I didn't see it again. I am totally baffled!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
hi im amy from hull and about 2 weeks ago me and a mate was chatting in the back garden when we saw a red like ball flying thru the sky it was really high up. it was no a plan or jet of any kind it was silent and past thru the sky at a grate speed and as it sort of dyed out we saw a other 1. so we went across the road to a other mates house who had also seen the 2 that we saw and 2 mre 30 mins befor that. when i told some other mates about it they just laughed and said it was chiness lights but beleive me it was no lanton. i have been on a few mre sites and people are saying it is some thing to do with the sun reflecting of the satalite.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i have alson seen it again tonight just one this time tho.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join