It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic eight: Phelps makes history Most gold medals ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Epic eight: Phelps makes history Most gold medals ever

www.nbcolympics.com

Phelps earned his unprecedented eighth Olympic gold medal of the 2008 Olympics as he swam the butterfly leg of the Americans' world-record win in the 4x100m medley relay to close out the swimming competition at the Water Cube.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The mans a fish pure and simple.

Or are we going to find out some new exotic gene doping scandal later on....

www.nbcolympics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

Anyone else find it a bit odd China hosts the Olympics and all of a sudden they have more Golds then any Country and are second over-all in Medals?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing!

Good point though, will there be declassified documents 50 years from now showing that Phelps was some operative that was "helped" to win these awards to demonstrate American might? It is possible I suppose.

Until that time though, I cheer Phelps on. He is a remarkable athlete and I am proud that he is there representing our country.

It is nice to see a bright spot on our often negative world image.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I heard that the medals were made heavily from lead and not as much gold as in the past. That sounds like real conspiracy to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I think it is far more likely to see trumped up doping charges against him from the international community ala Floyd Landis. Landis has always mainatined full innocence, and I have to admit it is highly suspiscious that the PTB were so insistant that the same lab perform the tests on both of his samples. I think something like that happening is very possible here, except for the simple fact that any indication of foul play where Phelps is concerned would not only be scrutinized internationally, but would also be a black eye for the Olympics as a whole, not just team USA. At least I hope that's the case and we'll never have to see anything happen to tarnish his amazing feat.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It was destiny...

The Games began on 8/8/08 and Phelps went 8 for 8 in Gold...absolutely amazing.

I can understand the skepticism of such an athletic feat and why people would question whether he was doping with some new synthetic drug. There has just been too many disappointments over the past few years, but I will say this. Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds shattered previous records that had stood for a long time. And yes, Phelps was a part of 7 world records, but I think that can be written off more to the new swim suit than anything else. The bottom line is, when you win by .01 seconds that isn't shattering anything, that is just being a little bit better than everyone else.

top topics

join