It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Buchanan on Georgia - Blowback from Bear Baiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Pat Buchanan on Georgia - Blowback from Bear Baiting

www.realclearpolitics.com

Mikheil Saakashvili's decision to use the opening of the Olympic Games to cover Georgia's invasion of its breakaway province of South Ossetia must rank in stupidity with Gamal Abdel-Nasser's decision to close the Straits of Tiran to Israeli ships.

Nasser's blunder cost him the Sinai in the Six-Day War. Saakashvili's blunder probably means permanent loss of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

Is not Western hypocrisy astonishing?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Russia's response was "disproportionate" and "brutal," wailed Bush.

True. But did we not authorize Israel to bomb Lebanon for 35 days in response to a border skirmish where several Israel soldiers were killed and two captured? Was that not many times more "disproportionate"?

This is an EXCELLENT article.

Read it!

www.realclearpolitics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That came to my mind when the whole issue made it to ATS and the defenders of Georgia came to whine.

I decided no to stir anything up back them, I congratulate you for posting the link.

Hypocrisy indeed, we are invading another nation right now and people have short time memories of the Lebanon incident no so long ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Boy, that Pat guy is razor sharp:

How would we have reacted if Moscow had brought Western Europe into the Warsaw Pact, established bases in Mexico and Panama, put missile defense radars and rockets in Cuba, and joined with China to build pipelines to transfer Mexican and Venezuelan oil to Pacific ports for shipment to Asia? And cut us out? If there were Russian and Chinese advisers training Latin American armies, the way we are in the former Soviet republics, how would we react? Would we look with bemusement on such Russian behavior?

If he was in this election, I'd vote for him...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes but the Bush Admin and McBush support Georgia. I mean come on Bush already sent 20,000 troops to Atlanta.

Anyways, McBush's own campaign has a Georgian Lobbyist controlling McBush so no woder he think we are "all Georgians".

Sorry but I'm not stupid enough to attack Russia. Then cry fowl when Russia fights back.

This is just like America attacking Iraq for no reason* and then cryng foul when Iraqis fight back.

*No WMDs, Saddam's gone, they elected a government, and now the reason given? OIL!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
buddhasystem

I think our government and its private masters would have invaded Russia before getting that far away, we could be in the middle of Armageddon.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger

Anyways, McBush's own campaign has a Georgian Lobbyist controlling McBush so no woder he think we are "all Georgians".

Hi
any links to support this?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
fortunately Italy, France, Germany a few months earlier nixxed the invite for Georgia to become a NATO member...

exactly because of the South Ossetia breakaway republic issues.

the 'Rose revolution' eventually gave Georgia their own dictator & puppet of the CIA & American imperialism...

10 points to Pat Buchannan

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree with this comment,

I'm glad to hear Pat representing a voice of reason in the mad propaganda to blame Russia for Georgia's aggression against her own people. I've been amazed that no mainstream reporter cares to comment on the assertion that Georgia bombed 2000 civilians as part of their aggression. If this is propaganda (despite the many eyewitnesses) then let's hear the evidence to dispute this. Where is the interest in finding out the truth? I frankly thought Russia's response was restrained, though I don't really trust their motives either. They are highly opportunistic.

Nevertheless let's look at some interesting facts. Georgia is now 80% Muslim. Their interests ultimately lie with the aim of global jihad. Muslims control their government. The majority of the Ossetians are Orthodox christian. We know how christians are treated in Muslim countries, so it's not surprising they want nothing to do with Saakashvili or Georgia. Nor is it surprising therefore that Saakashvili would favor the genocide of christians in Georgia. That is the muslim pattern throughout the world.

The bankrupt leadership in the US claims friendship with terrible civil rights abusing muslim caliphates, like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Turkey. Georgia is yet another one of this type. The only reason why Bush is now agitating to start WWIII with Russia is to protect the oil interests of his family and friends. That is frightening and apparently McCain is even more rabid in his blind hatred of the Russian 'enemy'.

Of course Obama, being virtually a communist and a Muslim terrorist sympathizer himself, would hasten to disarm America and put us into even worse shape. I guess with our two choices of president, it's a mad race to Armageddon.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Sorry, I can't find any numbers at all supporting the idea that Georgia is 80% Muslim. Please don't turn this into a Muslim issue as this has no relevance here. Propaganda is propaganda no matter what icing you put on it.

www.cia.gov...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

It is actually more like 10 percent Muslim. This is common knowledge for pretty much everyone except Americans whose media tells more lies than truths.

You are right when you say that the Muslim issue is irrelevant - especially when you consider that Saskashvilli is an Israeli and his top General and most of his administration is also Israeli.

The Russian people know this, as does the rest of the world which is not subject the the propaganda and perception management based media that we have here in North America.

The majority if the people on this planet are now fully aware of the deceitfulness and pervasive evil of the Regime currently running the U.S. of A.

What do you think of the possibility that this conflict may have been started with the intention of also cutting off Russia's Overland connection to it's Ally in Iran?

Along with all the other reason's for this conflict, I can't help but think that this thing was also started to sever this connection and act as a distraction (of sorts) for the possible attack on Iran. I noticed that all news of the massive American Armada heading towards the Gulf took a backseat to this latest Conflict - perception management...

Perception management is known officially as 'News Management' in the U.K.

Am I a Muslim, Christian or a Jew? Black, Brown White or yellow?
Because it doesn't matter...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

It is actually more like 60 percent muslim. This is common knowledge for pretty much everyone except Americans whose media tells more lies than truths.

BS. You do seem to have a problem with muslims. Anyway.

The religions in Georgia are :

81% christian orthodox.
9% muslim.
10% others.

So get your facts straight.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually is 11%,

www.eurasianet.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You can scratch one of those countries off the list. Germany is now in full support of Georgia's bid to join NATO.

Article

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

You may be a far away from the percentage of the muslin population but you are right on the issue of this been linked to Iran and US stand off.

I also believe that this nothing more than to keep Russia support for Iran in case of a conflict from been able to reach Iran through land.

But Georgia is not near to the Caspian sea and that would be the easiest way for Russia to rich Iran, but then again US has plenty of oil interest in the region as Exon-Mobil and Conoco are posted across the Turkey and Azerbaijan coast.

A conflic with Iraq if bring Russia into the picture could interrupt oil supplies in the Area.

www.lib.utexas.edu...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I guess our government has offer a small left over of America to them for their support after the oil rich countries and China finish bying the first.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join