It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Radio Signal detected from beyond solar system- DURBAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Found some interesting read, dont know if this been posted before:

The Zulu phrase 'indlebe zikhayi langa' literally means those whose ears glow in the sun. This phrase gave rise to the project name Indlebe, which means ear. A DURBAN lecturer and his students have detected a radio source, possibly from an alien source, from beyond the solar system with the aid of their specially built radio telescope. Last week, the Indlebe Radio Telescope, situated on the Steve Biko campus of the Durban University of Technology, successfully detected its first radio source. The Indlebe Radio Telescope is a transit instrument that operates at the Hydrogen Line frequency of 1420 MHZ and uses a very sensitive radio receiver to detect extraterrestrial radio signals.

aliencasebook.blogspot.com

edit for spelling

[edit on 14/8/2008 by d0p3d]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I did a search on ATS, but couldnt find anything regarding this. It looks like some signal has been received, altho I'm curious what else it could be then a radiosignal (maybe just interference?)

aliencasebook.blogspot.com...
(Link to news)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yeah Durbs!! I know we're not supposed to post one-liners but I must say that I am very proud that South Africa has managed to do something this special. Lets hope it all is as it seems to be!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
from this source indlebe.dut.ac.za...

It should be noted that this is not an intelligent source, i.e. it is not a source that could be considered as having been transmitted by alien intelligence. Furthermore, it is certainly not a new discovery. The electromagnetic radiation emanating from Sagittarius A is well documented and an entirely natural phenomenon. A similar signal, although of a much larger magnitude, would be received by simply pointing the telescope at the Sun.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry to spoil the fun -

Stuart McPherson - Durban University of Technology

It should be noted that this is not an intelligent source, i.e. it is not a source that could be considered as having been transmitted by alien intelligence. Furthermore, it is certainly not a new discovery. The electromagnetic radiation emanating from Sagittarius A is well documented and an entirely natural phenomenon. A similar signal, although of a much larger magnitude, would be received by simply pointing the telescope at the Sun.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If thats the case where a radio signal from an alien has been detected, Bagsy I get to sit in the big round ball with the chair to go meet them.

anyway do we know what the signal says? or is it a bounceback from a previous transmission we sent up?.
Besides what self respecting ET will still be using radio/ its so sloooowwww!!!...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join