It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going outside.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Kodak Z1285 is 12 mp and you can pick one up from Argos for £99. I bought mine a bit dearer. It takes brilliant photos. I have a 5.0 mp Nikon camera,which is also a good camera.

I find using them both together taking various shots from each one that if one doesn't pick up on something, the other one does.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Good idea, Thyhorrorcosmic. Count me in too. I have four years of skywatching experience and plenty of equipment.

Apart from a few unusual lights, I have never seen a UFO while skywatching. Even so, looking into the night sky is simply fascinating. It puts everything into perspective and can be very relaxing.

I live in the UK and I am about 6 hours ahead of CST, so in order for me to participate, I would have to go out the equivalent time frame here in the UK.

I am from the UK too, and yeah, it's a problem. In my opinion it is best to start skywatching slightly before sunset. That said, there is no 'correct' time.

In 2007 I saw a UFO at close range for the first time. Before I had seen a few unusual 'lights in the sky' but this sighting was much more important.

Hours of skywatching... and nothing. Then one day I'm watching TV and there it is, conveniently visible through a large window. I couldn't have missed it.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by JH80]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
Oh my! i'v been out there for 10 minutes and I saw one HUGE shooting star and then it went out and then another one right behind it and then it went out! im so startled right now that was beautiful!!!!

Perseid Meteors have been showering for the past few days. I think sightings peaked on the 13th.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join