It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going outside.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
your seeing shooting stars because tonight is the BIG SHOW of the persied meteor shower......it will be at its best from 2 am till 4:30 am...look to the east.
No reason for this REGULAR meteor shower to startle anyone, as it happens every year.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I dont really understand what you mean by most of that but I have around 700 dollars.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
I dont really understand what you mean by most of that

You don't know what DejaVu is?

You have 700 for a telescope rig? Oh man, yer gonna have a blast !!!! heh.

My eyeballs are tired now, but if you want, when I'm up again I'll U2 you a couple sales sites (one where I got all my stuff from) and astro forums.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Thats good news,and yes I know what deja vu is,ha ha, definitly get back me if you can, I'd really apperciate it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Even if you don't see a ufo, or even a shooting star, there's something wondrous about just looking out into space on a starry night. Always makes me think "wow" Keep looking up because I believe it helps us keep perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thank you for the heads up on the meteor shower. I decided to go outside on the deck in the hotub and look up. The stars are wonderous. I must of seen 10 shooting stars. Real fast light green ones. One of the was AMAZING. It was white and had a long streak, lasted a few seconds. God did an terrific job up there.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thank you ninja. I get started when its a meteor shower or just shooting stars going bye. I always see shooting stars when i watch the sky because its normal i know but its fascinating.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Perseids Meteor show peaks tonight Aug. 12th, so I'll be out there anyway watching. Last year saw over 200 shooting stars throughout the night. I'll think about this thread while doing so.

Peace out!!!
Q

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ok guys my other thread got closed so we'll have to post in this one. Yeah i believe the perseids meteor shower is at its peak tonight! so ill be out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Meh. If you go outside looking for a UFO, chances are you'll find one. Not like you'd think though. If you really want to see something, it'll be there. Not that it's real, or really a UFO. The mind is a very powerful thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MahNameABorat

I wish i had an imagination like the ones of people that see things that are not there. Not that I dont believe in them its just that it would be cool to see things like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We should all go outside, get some exercise and fresh air and stop dwelling on bad news. That, and stop wishing aliens will save our butts because they won't. It's up to us.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Saw some great ones last night, counted around 67 all together. Looking forward to tonight.Everbody think good thoughts!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I spend almost every night staring up into the sky and will continue to do so as often as I can due to the fact that it puts me into such a peaceful state of mind.

The stars staring down at you is such an amazing feeling, I feel blessed to have the opportunity to have this experience, to gaze into the universe knowing how much beauty there is out there that we haven't even begun to taste.

I counted around 30 "shooting stars" last night while sitting by a fire. What a light show!. Also saw one UFO while I was driving my car to a friends house. I do not know what it was, that is why I say UFO. Certainly was not a shooting star and it moved faster than anything I've ever seen in my life.

Do not go out every night expecting to see things, then become frustrated if you do not, your intention is not in the right place if you are doing this.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmaticspirit

I don't mean that things will literally appear because of someone's imagination (although it has been known to happen). Just that if you go outside with the sole intention of finding a UFO, every moving satellite, every airplane that flies overhead is a potential UFO.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
When it gets dark out tonight I am going outside.

Although, I live in a large city so it is bright and hazy.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaticspirit
reply to post by MahNameABorat

I wish i had an imagination like the ones of people that see things that are not there. Not that I dont believe in them its just that it would be cool to see things like that.

people said this about germs

free your mind man

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know what I see. I have seen planes helecopters satalites for years since i was i kid i know whats a ufo and whats not.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im of out side now ...camcorder in hand...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who has seen a "ufo" craft I see two main problems with your technique.

1: You are going out too late. I saw mine while delivering pizzas for a small pizza place that closed at 9:00pm Central Time. The moon was out but the sky was not completely dark yet. It was light enough outside for me to see the silouette of the craft and some details of it but dark enough to see that red light was on inside of the craft that I could see through the windows that were down the craft's side.

2: You are looking too high. I looked up at the moon (~45 degrees) while walking to the door with the pizza I was delivering. The craft was sitting still in the sky below the height of the moon. It was down and to the right of the moon. It was also about an inch long from my perspective. Not a tiny speck in the sky. I looked at it for four seconds and then it shot away from a standstill.

PS

Don't be "that guy" in the neighborhood hanging around outside all night. You'll end up seeing little blue men that aren't the Smurfs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join