It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going outside.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i only have a 5.0 mp camera, and its on my phone.
always wanted a cracking camera.

im toying with the idea of getting one and starting this as a hobby.

i live about 10 miles from the UK hotspot that is Bonnybridge, so i could get comfy somewhere and look.

Have a pal who might be interested also.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread, as the past two weeks, I've been going out of town to lie on the roof of my car, and watch the stars.

So many shooting stars! Satellites and odd things I can not explain!

I'll do my best to join in!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Also I believe there is a meteor shower tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
yes there is grim. its at its peak too!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I may venture out some tonight. Looks like it may turn cloudy though. Rain chances I think are coming. That's been part of my problem, maybe some other people too, I haven't been doing enough observation on my own. I have a tendency to wait and see if anyone else saw anything on ATS. It's my responsibility too, to help search for truth outside earth.

Troy

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

already planned on it for the meteor shower, about 60 meteors per hour for the Perseids.
Imagine, if you dedicated at least a half hour of each night holding such intension, how much more likely it is to be effective, I only add this because years ago I began to add to my prayers before meditation, 'to know, to have truth revealed, and to understand' and each day following there have been great synchronicities that have lead to realizations or hinted to either A. truth, or B. insanity, either way its very humbling and the syncronicites bring wise information nonetheless. Will be glad to join you all tonight.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm up in Northern BC, Canada here.

If the weather permits I will be out sky searching. Those damn clouds better go away.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i'd love to go out at that time but i'm in hawaii and it'll onyl be 1830 sun doesnt go down til about 1930. but i'll be there when sun goes down here.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic

Think I will do the same and reach for the stars.

Let him come through the first ordeal, & it will be to him as silver.
Through the second, gold.
Through the third, stones of precious water.
Through the fourth, ultimate sparks of the intimate fire. - Liber AL vel Legis

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
one hour until gametime folks!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hmm well I'm in San Francisco and socked in fog...

be sure to post if any body sees anything - I got nuthin here

But cool idea!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm in. It's a beautiful clear night tonight. Very peaceful.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
every day there are thousands of cameras and telescopes pointed at the sky not one has ever discovered aircraft with significant detail to prove the existence of ufos. Not that I am a skeptic I love Sci Fi but to be honest I hate seeing other hoaxers and people detract from the real underlying story.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
OK, I'll give you ten minutes or so of my time. I'll be out there in about 7 minutes, camera will be handy in case some ET's wanna give me the smoking gun vid....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
im goin out there right now!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

Quazi176 that is a cool avatar is it your or did you borrow it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Eh no luck so far really. Maybe the august 12th meteor shower peak was last night just after midnight? i only saw like 2 shooting stars after being out there for an hour and 10 mins.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I went outside for about a hour i took these pics using my binoculars and my digital camera i thought they were cool shots of the moon

hope you like.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by crawgator406]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

On the same topic, but two degrees off center.
Agree upon a a specific time to skywatch, then market it globally. For example the stoners of the world have adopted a code for themselves, 420 and I hear them mentioning taking a break at 4:20 everyday. I assume they mean to go get stoned, but you see references to 420 all over their posts, it's in their avatars and screen names etc.
Why not take the same concept and apply it to sky watching, it creates a time reference identity. Say, 10:30 or 11:05, what ever time you come up with, start using the reference to eventually make it globally understood as to what you mean.
This site would be a great launch point, but I wouldn't meantion the stoner thing again as no one takes the stoners seriously, I mean, really!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I live in the UK and I am about 6 hours ahead of CST, so in order for me to participate, I would have to go out the equivalent time frame here in the UK.

Now the nights are pulling out, it is much easier to see the stars. I am a bit upset, as our council are putting in new street lights where we live, which will blot out some of the stars. I enjoy skywatching, especially when I take my dog into the garden in the early hours of the morning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join